EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

• bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, today I did a total of 8 projects, some small (2-8 blueprints), some medium (500-700 blueprints) and one big one (2000+ blueprints).

Capped out at 4314.

Total before visiting neighbours and collecting from Lisa's recycling plant and possums: 22515 - well short of the 8000+ per day needed to get all the Act 1 prizes.

I certainly hope there will be more ways to earn blueprints during Act 1, especially as the extra prizes for finishing early apparently are extra tracks and not donuts.
  • jasonx73it
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Dumping Permit (stated above)

Looks like they found a way to block grinding and make premium items worth a lot more than usual when it comes to return of investment (in this case getting more tracks)
  • MrPMPisBeefy
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    nedimaz wrote:
    I have a theory: the numbers in files some people are referring to (e.g. yesterday 9000, today 13500) are limit of total blueprints acquired by projects.

So each day limit is set higher by 4500, and near end of Act I there are bigger increases. So (total) limit on 22th August is 72000. That means we should gather 72000 by projects, and the rest (approximately 18000) with other methods, which seems reasonable.

First I thought that daily limit is difference between today (13500) and yesterday (9000) limit in file, but that is not the case as today I hit the limit with 4254. Now I think that yesterday I had probably passed over the limit with several hundreds blueprints, e.g. I had 9300 total, so today I had 4254 and hit the limit.

Unfortunately, if this is correct, the only way to track your total and to manipulate it, is if you counted all projects from the start of the event, which nobody did (at least I didn't).

Project 32 (or very close to this number) was this morning. I completed the donuts quests right away with small tasks and some mediums and have only been able to get 2 extra tasks after doing part 3 of the donut quest yesterday I did my first large today and am waiting on my second. Between dumping in friends town, possums and doing tasks I am just over 14k bps. Will hit 16k today as my next job is 2k bps. I am betting I get locked after this next task.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    just got locked in all three towns

town 1:19026Blueprints (hasn't has the 5000 blueprint daily bonus yet this event) (earned1200 for 2 tasks, 80 for possums and 3778 from tasks (daily amount earned:5020) (total number of tasks completed:7)
    town 2:23,584blueprints (has had the 5000 blueprint daily bonus this event) (earned 1200 for 2 tasks, 80 for possums and 4069 for tasks (daily amount earned:5396 (total number of tasks completed:4)
    town3:24766 blueprints (has hit the 5000 blueprint daily bonus also has had more active friends leaving trash
    (earned1200 for 2 tasks, 80 for possums and 5578 from tasks (I hoarded until I could pick task 3 a 2nd time) (total number of tasks completed:3)

(so my task limit was under 3778 today (town 1 also started with very low paying tasks (I got a right most task for 900T for 21Blueprints that I ignored but I probably should have chosen just to get that window to trigger something higher it doesn't seem like the number of tasks is limited so I'm going to try the cheaper payout tasks in rightmost window tomorrow to see if it triggers a better paying task

day 1, the towns got a varied number of friend visit blueprints (as I foolishly decided to do friend visits that morning to get the fp prize (also, no towns reached the task limit this day)
    day 2: all towns got the max number of friend visit blueprints (all towns reached the task limit this day)

town3 has Jesse Grass (which I bought with my EA" apology for the SH missing donuts" donuts) so earned metal faster on the first day (so I picked higher payouts possibly on day 1 so came closer to the cap)

I really hope this is a glitch because what kind of game designers choose to make it log in twice and get the max blueprints (well I'll have to log in for possums and friend visits but once the trash and metal are maxed? less time in game. not happy, EA (ie, monorail should be joy and happiness and this is just meh
  • jasonx73it
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    casby wrote:
    I really hope this is a glitch because what kind of game designers choose to make it log in twice and get the max blueprints (well I'll have to log in for possums and friend visits but once the trash and metal are maxed? less time in game. not happy, EA (ie, monorail should be joy and happiness and this is just meh

Your data seems to confirm the latest theory.

Also the capping might be put into place to do a slow paced event for once. People complained about short SH tasks, if monorail wasn't capped and with SH jobs and stuff the grind would be unbearable.

And also people wanting more tracks will be forced to get the premium items
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    jasonx73it wrote:
    casby wrote:

Your data seems to confirm the latest theory.

Also the capping might be put into place to do a slow paced event for once. People complained about short SH tasks, if monorail wasn't capped and with SH jobs and stuff the grind would be unbearable.

And also people wanting more tracks will be forced to get the premium items

If monorail wasn't capped everyone could now collect infinite amounts of blue prints.
  • jasonx73it
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:
    If monorail wasn't capped everyone could now collect infinite amounts of blue prints.

They could've made the crafting take longer, or less storage, or more materials required, or less blueprints returned. But people on holiday could miss a lot and like this you could in theory play just the last three days of a phase and get a lot of pieces no matter what. So, I don't know, feels they wanted to try something different.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    Tbh EA may just not want to give out lots of free donuts at the end of the event stages, so this drip-feed process will cut down a hell of a lot on those extras.

Also will make the impatient spend donuts to speed up the tasks, so probably making them buy more to replace the used ones.

Win, win for EA.

Not so much for others, as if I can only make progress in an event for 1-2 hours every day, I sure as heck ain't gonna spend much more of me time in game than that.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Tbh EA may just not want to give out lots of free donuts at the end of the event stages, so this drip-feed process will cut down a hell of a lot on those extras.

Also will make the impatient spend donuts to speed up the tasks, so probably making them buy more to replace the used ones.

Win, win for EA.

Not so much for others, as if I can only make progress in an event for 1-2 hours every day, I sure as heck ain't gonna spend much more of me time in game than that.

Well, apparently they are not giving out donuts at the end of the event ("over-time donuts" or whatever we should call them), but extra tracks.
  • nedimaz
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well it looks like it's not a glitch, but rather it is "by design". I wish two things:
    - that they made this mechanic somewhat different, so you have event-related activity whole day during the event, instead of just on beginning.
    - that they made this more transparent, so players know what is going on, it took us three days just to figure exactly what is going on
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

Win, win for EA.

Well, apparently they are not giving out donuts at the end of the event ("over-time donuts" or whatever we should call them), but extra tracks.

Well wether its free donuts, free tracks or free gummi bears - my guess is EA want to cut down on the amount they give out. Hope I'm wrong but atm doesn't feel like it
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

Win, win for EA.

Well wether its free donuts, free tracks or free gummi bears - my guess is EA want to cut down on the amount they give out. Hope I'm wrong but atm doesn't feel like it

I totally agree with you, especially if the only way of getting extra tracks is by getting the personal prizes early, well, it doesn't bode well.
  • intbananas
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Snip

So if there is a 4,500 cap each day, why on day one and two, were people getting those 9,000, 10,000 plus figures? And why the hell would EA want to cap the amount of Monorail tracks we get?! Hey guys, here's the Monorail you've asked for for years, but you can't have any tracks!!

They could have used big projects to get over the limit without knowing it (I.e. being 500 below the limit and then using a project with a 2000 payout giving them an extra 1500)

Here is an example:
    On day 1 the player might only use 500 of the 4500 limit
    Day 2 it increases to 9000, therefore they are 500/9000
    They then get up to 8500/9000 and complete another project worth 2000
    So on day 2 they earned 10000 even though the limit was 9000
    But when day 3 starts they will start with 10500/13500
    This is why one day you have people getting what they think are big limits and then suddenly getting small limits the next day

Hello! Long time lurker first time poster :)

I've just hit my limit for today and now have a total of 19990 blueprints, hit the limit when I submitted my 10th project for the Project Management: Metal Part 2 task. Yesterday the limit kicked in when I hit 12500 and was at 6/10 on that task.
    At 9am I had just over 13000 blueprints, in addition to submitting the 4 projects I've had two neighbours visit my town and released one set of possums, so figures since 9am;
    Neighbour visit = 6 blueprints
    Possums = 80 blueprints
    Daily challenge bonus = 1200 blueprints
    4 projects = about 5700 blueprints (final project awarded 1925 bps)

This does seem to fit with the 4500 per day theory but I'm still not convinced it's working as intended, it looks as though those of us who don't spend donuts might only get Ray Patterson at the end of act one. Have to see how it plays out over the next couple of days but it seems to be an unneeded limitation on play.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    I totally agree with you, especially if the only way of getting extra tracks is by getting the personal prizes early, well, it doesn't bode well.

I have read somewhere (it was on the forum but I can't remember what thread) that the final prize in act 3, the rail shed or something like that, might work the same way as the squidport entrance does
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015

I happen to enjoy the addicts site.
    It's a mixed bag. The level walkthroughs are very good, espc for newbies and I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into to running a blog like that, but there's aspects there I don't like too. Saying that - it's their blog and up to them how they run it, so I'll just dip in and out when I need to otherwise will just leave them be.

aidx1054 wrote:
    but remember as we advance through the act it will be easier earn the blueprints

Isn't the project cap is going to be the limiting factor for most people though ? I just maxed out for today with 4344 from hand-ins so even with bonuses and basic possums I still only get 6700 ish - way off the 8000+ needed to get to the end of the prizes. It is badly designed if they are expecting people to have all the premiums in order to generate the base amounts we need to complete

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    intbananas wrote:
    Hello! Long time lurker first time poster :)

I've just hit my limit for today and now have a total of 19990 blueprints, hit the limit when I submitted my 10th project for the Project Management: Metal Part 2 task. Yesterday the limit kicked in when I hit 12500 and was at 6/10 on that task.
    At 9am I had just over 13000 blueprints, in addition to submitting the 4 projects I've had two neighbours visit my town and released one set of possums, so figures since 9am;
    Neighbour visit = 6 blueprints
    Possums = 80 blueprints
    Daily challenge bonus = 1200 blueprints
    4 projects = about 5700 blueprints (final project awarded 1925 bps)

This does seem to fit with the 4500 per day theory but I'm still not convinced it's working as intended, it looks as though those of us who don't spend donuts might only get Ray Patterson at the end of act one. Have to see how it plays out over the next couple of days but it seems to be an unneeded limitation on play.

First of all welcome to the forum :D

Yes that appears to work out, I think the reason we have a limit is so unless we spend donuts we are going to be kept busy until at least the last 2 or 3 days, if only ea would have given us an in game message of this limit and how it works :roll:
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well I hit my limit today in a "record" 30 minutes and 2 projects and all before 5:30am so I guess I have the rest of the day off in one town at least. Sebastian is resting. The other town has one one more project to go and a few more cans :shock:
    I'm now resigned to this pace of play as it clearly seems designed.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    but remember as we advance through the act it will be easier earn the blueprints
    Isn't the project cap is going to be the limiting factor for most people though ? I just maxed out for today with 4344 from hand-ins so even with bonuses and basic possums I still only get 6700 ish - way off the 8000+ needed to get to the end of the prizes. It is badly designed if they are expecting people to have all the premiums in order to generate the base amounts we need to complete
    Remember to add the 1000 blueprints you technically have earned today (on every 5th day you get 5000) and also as we get tracks we get more possums which mean more blueprints
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    bette3900 wrote:

I have read somewhere (it was on the forum but I can't remember what thread) that the final prize in act 3, the rail shed or something like that, might work the same way as the squidport entrance does

that would be cool.
    I hope EA will release the monorail after event to all players. So everyone can have a monorail.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    Well I hit my limit today in a "record" 30 minutes and 2 projects and all before 5:30am so I guess I have the rest of the day off in one town at least. Sebastian is resting. The other town has one one more project to go and a few more cans :shock:
    I'm now resigned to this pace of play as it clearly seems designed.

Everyone remember that even though you can't do anymore projects you should visit every 4 hours to collect possums and also to visit all friends to help them earn blueprints too (540 bp for you, 3 each visit for them)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.