EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    This is how I feel about the new stuff.
    nKABZzR.gif

I am confused but tapping away. The Monorail dragged back into TSTO, which I haven't played since about the super hero update. I am not worried if I miss out on Meg's costume.

Quality GIF that :lol:

I must admit, in fact, i will admit, i feel no excitement with this event as i did with older past events like ComicCon and Halloween (Ghostbusters), and even Star Trek (even though that's where the Android crashing issues all started). This one, when i saw the anouncement, i was like "Meh!" - seriously, the only thing from this event i really would probably buy clams for is Alice Cooper, that's it. It does not excite, it does not make me feel like i have to play all the time, i'll just take it and probably leave it

As for District 11 - i have unlocked Paddy and now Loretta, and believe it or not, today got New Brian, so it's time to try and unlock him now.

I had no choice but to place a load of stuff in my inventory - i had to. It does not stop the crashing. I even have the majority of my characters in the inventory and just using who i need for items etc. I'll rebuild eventually, but tbh, the wat TinyCo are dealing with this crashing issue, it's put me off fomr being a dedicated player like i was
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    Rockstar Peter unlocked, this means chances of picking up Guitar Picks now since i haven't got Avril yet. Problem is i need to build up the neon wristbands first... mind you, things are a wee bit easier with all the non necessary characters tucked away in my inventory. Just use who i need and that's it. Helps me keep track better
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    3zayu.png

Peter's skin unlocked. I can still on Avril now, but I seriously don't know how anyone could get Meg's costume without spending clams. I don't want it enough to waste money on it, so if I don't get it, tough.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I got Rockstar Peter today, but man TSTO really stepped up their game. I can barely focus on this one.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I got Rockstar Peter today, but man TSTO really stepped up their game. I can barely focus on this one.

I've got the opposite problem. I cannot get into Tapped Out at all right now. I tried the new event and gave up after an hour. So bored with the way their doing events now, with all the farming for tier'd rewards.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015

I've got the opposite problem. I cannot get into Tapped Out at all right now. I tried the new event and gave up after an hour. So bored with the way their doing events now, with all the farming for tier'd rewards.

Well, with the Monorail event (Springfield Heights is an expansion, not an event) they seem to have capped how much you can do a day, and you get there really quick. I think I was done around 10 am today. So that does help things a bit... you have to stop farming/grinding whatever and wait for tomorrow.

The problem is, now that I'm building a Monorail, my town layout has to be expanded and adjusted to account for it. Kudos to EA for giving us 4 tracks of land in the last month. Part of the reason I'm not as excited for PeterPalooza is that I've got to choose which buildings go into storage to make room for new ones, and that annoys me.
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2015
    dave3490 wrote:
    Is it possible to get megs costume unlock in 6 says for being a freemium
    depends on how long the job is to get enough picks

Definately not possible - you need Avril to collect guitar picks, or buy the premium building (although i call it a premium decoration) that drops them every 6hrs. I think the figures for Meg's costume is 350 neon wristbands and 100 guitar picks. Not possible in 7 days - the neon wristbands are (once you get to the toads, they pay out 5 a time, however they also pay out just cash), but definately not the guitar picks 100 in 6 days isn't possible, not at all without making a premium investment, and even that will be very very close if you time it right
    now that I have rockstar Peter, Avril isn't the only one you need for picks. Toad stoned guys are running around your town which Peter can get rid of with the new skin - makes sense as you need picks to get avril. Each time you get rid of a toad stoner you get 5 picks. I'm thinking the hard part would be getting the glow sticks as having avril throw a concert apparently generates picks too - not sure how many. You need to spend a lot of glow sticks to get the items for the concert. I currently have 3 non-clam buildings that drop them as well as the frogs and girl concert goers.

I have 1 puck to get for avril and 5 glow sticks left to get the last item to throw a concert. I may have a shot at meg's skin
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2015
    GVQJs5E.png
    I performed a concert as soon as I got her. You have to tap fans around town to up the concert rating. I got 40 picks from the first concert so the meg skin should be pretty easy seeing I have 5 days left to get it...
  • glennsoe
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    So I tried my luck pushing the spotted toads.

4 out of 30 gave me wristbands...not impressive, hope it'll change...
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just updated the game. Freakin' awesome! Glad Avril is a freemium character! 8)
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2015
    android/Google play players get her current album for free when they unlock her. No interest for me really
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    Unlocked Avril this morning - immediately did a concert, got 30 guitar picks and loads of neon wristbands. I'm currently working the characters for the second attempt at the concert. My target, Meg's new costume. I'm not really bothered about constumes anymore, well, not sionce TinyCo started charging clams for them, but i'll try to get this one in the 5 days remaining. District 11 stuff can wait for now. Will plug along trying to get stuff for New Brian but i'm not rushed. My town is bare (i stored almost everything except the items i need for the new event and District 11. While doing that i'm also trying to focus on the main questline too. The problem is it's tying Peter up too much. He's got THREE tasks waiting for district 11 and two for the event. None are being done yet as i'm going for a second concert with Avril for now. Build up those guitar picks is the goal.

For those who like to create event areas - this one looks great with the KISS stage, helicopter and bike there - add some of the spotlights and a few bits and bobs, it looks cool

I have got my free copy of Avril's album as well - but i probably will never actually listen to it
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    glennsoe wrote:
    So I tried my luck pushing the spotted toads.

4 out of 30 gave me wristbands...not impressive, hope it'll change...

Concentrate on the main questline and if you can, build the free buildings that pay out neon wristbands. Helps a lot. Once you unlock Avril, if you haven't already, and can do a concert, you will get a load of the 'fans' walking around, tap as many as you can. I got 24/40 and it game me 30 picks and i think 60 wristbands. Toads are frustrating as from about 8 of them, you may get three wristband drops, however, that's still 15 to your total
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited August 2015
    I squeezed my town roads to a small area. I got the full stars. It gave me like 150 wristbands and 50 picks. So between the two concerts it should be no issue getting the outfit.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    I squeezed my town roads to a small area. I got the full stars. It gave me like 150 wristbands and 50 picks. So between the two concerts it should be no issue getting the outfit.

I have begrudgingly done the same, wiped everything i do not need from my town into inventory and go from there. Roads are just one square area. Can't be arsed scrolling all over the place. I always said i'd never do that, but what they hey, everyone else is, so why not join the club. ONly bringing out stuff i need and when it's done, it goes back in the inventory. Hopefully this will speed up getting Meg's costume
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2015
    I should be able to run the encore with avril in about 3hrs but as it's 2am here I think some sleep might be in order. I have enough glow sticks for meg's skin and 50 picks - if I get 40 picks from the concert again I'll have to use rock Peter to get the rest...
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    I should be able to run the encore with avril in about 3hrs but as it's 2am here I think some sleep might be in order. I have enough glow sticks for meg's skin and 50 picks - if I get 40 picks from the concert again I'll have to use rock Peter to get the rest...

About the same for me too roughly, 10pm/11pm UK time and i should have another concert on the go
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I unlocked Avril this morning as well. Got about 30 pics from the first concert. I've trimmed some of my roads back to help contain the area the fans are walking around in. Should be able to do the replay concert tomorrow I hope. If I get even 40 pics that time, I should be able to get the rest from Peter.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    android/Google play players get her current album for free when they unlock her. No interest for me really

Cool! Haven't heard her new album yet but love her music!
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    dave3490 wrote:
    Unlocked Avril this morning - immediately did a concert, got 30 guitar picks and loads of neon wristbands. I'm currently working the characters for the second attempt at the concert. My target, Meg's new costume. I'm not really bothered about constumes anymore, well, not sionce TinyCo started charging clams for them, but i'll try to get this one in the 5 days remaining. District 11 stuff can wait for now. Will plug along trying to get stuff for New Brian but i'm not rushed. My town is bare (i stored almost everything except the items i need for the new event and District 11. While doing that i'm also trying to focus on the main questline too. The problem is it's tying Peter up too much. He's got THREE tasks waiting for district 11 and two for the event. None are being done yet as i'm going for a second concert with Avril for now. Build up those guitar picks is the goal.

For those who like to create event areas - this one looks great with the KISS stage, helicopter and bike there - add some of the spotlights and a few bits and bobs, it looks cool

I have got my free copy of Avril's album as well - but i probably will never actually listen to it

Good idea with the KISS stage. I may have to move stuff around-- again. :lol: