EA Forums - Banner

anyone upgrade to windows 10?

2Next

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015

The biggest suck I can think of in windows ten is losing media center. I use it to record TV on occasion.

I believe they will be releasing a new media centre and further software once the free downloads of Windows 10 has been completed, for now, they want to roll out the basic version of it. Just going to have to wait and see what they come up with
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    But Window Media Player still works/is there right?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015

I have no idea what will be on Windows 10, as of yet, my PC is still waiting for the upgrade to come through - i only learned about the media centre of Windows 10 not being on it after reading about it

My concern is Word - i need that for work, if they take it away i'm screwed - my version at the moment is free on Windows 7
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    dave3490 wrote:

I have no idea what will be on Windows 10, as of yet, my PC is still waiting for the upgrade to come through - i only learned about the media centre of Windows 10 not being on it after reading about it

My concern is Word - i need that for work, if they take it away i'm screwed - my version at the moment is free on Windows 7

Ya, I have a form I created in Word that I use everyday. I hope it translates over or I'm screwed as well. I can remake it, but I usually don't have the time.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Does anyone know if Word is free with windows 10? I opened a document and it seems to be letting me save it, but it keeps telling me I don't have a subscription and I need to buy office, so I'm confused :? Why's it letting me save it if I need to buy it?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    For those of yo uwho are not aware of this and have an 'Outlook' account (formally known as Hotmail/Windows Messenger - not 100% sure really as i use Gmail), I have just noticed that they have a series of softwares available to use via online resources. Basically, it's Office online. I found Word, but i don't like it. I can't seem to find out how to download the files to my PC and not onto Microsoft's One Drive/Cloud or whatever it's called. Bad news is it's about as useful as a boat with holes in it if you can't get online
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the info Dave. I wonder if that's what my windows word document is. Although it's on my desktop so I don't know :? So confused lol!
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just updated to Windows 10 this morning. Didn't lose anything except a few of my settings and preferences. One great thing is now I have these stupid undeletable apps on my computer just like I had on my phone. I'm sure there's a way to get rid of them, I just haven't looked into it. Personally, I preferred Windows 8's setup
  • johncolombo
    11281 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2015
    my computer is currently trying to force it on me. I'd like to join the future but windows 7 works so well and this is my work computer.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!