EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

• 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    In case anyone is collating projects handed in per day before getting capped I'm posting my experiences each day. For today I attempted to get just under 4500 as this seems to be the figure most often quoted and then hand in the largest project available but I got capped at just under 4500.
    Today I did 1 small job 4 large jobs trading in a total of 2400 Trash and 345 Cans for 4472 Blueprints.

I'm presuming that either the 4.5K figure is wrong or that there is a carry over from previous days as I did get capped yesterday although not on the first day but have no idea how much I earned.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    4tee3 wrote:
    In case anyone is collating projects handed in per day before getting capped I'm posting my experiences each day. For today I attempted to get just under 4500 as this seems to be the figure most often quoted and then hand in the largest project available but I got capped at just under 4500.
    Today I did 1 small job 4 large jobs trading in a total of 2400 Trash and 345 Cans for 4472 Blueprints.

I'm presuming that either the 4.5K figure is wrong or that there is a carry over from previous days as I did get capped yesterday although not on the first day but have no idea how much I earned.

I think it is because extra blueprints from yesterday carried over to today, but I can't be sure.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I think the best way of figuring out whether that cap is accurate would be to get a running total of those of us who actually REACHED the "Whatshisname is too tired" screen every day since Day One.

So: ONLY for those who have FINISHED Day Three and started on Day One and actually REACHED the "he's too tired" screen already THREE times:

I kept an exact record of the last two days hand-in totals, and can roughly work out the first to give project only numbers of: 5077, 4344, 4449. Total of: 13870

which fits with a rolling cap that increments each day by 4500, but allows some overshoot.

Those who buy their way along the prize track with donuts seem to be escaping the cap possibly as the game hands them blueprints without recording anything as being handed in (and hence thinks there is nothing contributing to Sebastian's fatigue)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    4tee3 wrote:

I think it is because extra blueprints from yesterday carried over to today, but I can't be sure.

You are correct bette
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Over on TSTO addicts they have verified all the info we have found here through there games and some looking at files. If anyone is still confused about the limit on the project board try reading the article on addicts and see if you understand that better than what's said here. It's the same idea just different wording might help ye understand :D
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    I think it's a crying shame what they have done. I still think it's wrong for them to decide how fast my progress is, I should be the one deciding that..

The way they have set the pacing for this is horrible, but it wouldn't be quite so bad if the cap at least allowed the basic players to hit the prize track targets. eg 6000-ish for projects, 2200 bonuses and a few possums would get most people there. People who wanted to get the premium extras or do more grinding could then get the extra rewards.
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:
    4tee3 wrote:

If any excess amount of blueprints decrease your allowance for the next day, surely there would come a point where one day you would only be allowed to obtain next to no blueprints?

This whole cap thing is ridiculous. Yes its doable if you are freemium, but only if you have the max amount of neighbours (which i dont, and this has never been a problem in other events) and they clear their towns every day, aswell as tapping yours.

If its not a glitch then i sincerely hope they remove the cap otherwise there will be a lot of annoyed players!
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    I think it's a crying shame what they have done. I still think it's wrong for them to decide how fast my progress is, I should be the one deciding that..

The way they have set the pacing for this is horrible, but it wouldn't be quite so bad if the cap at least allowed the basic players to hit the prize track targets. eg 6000-ish for projects, 2200 bonuses and a few possums would get most people there. People who wanted to get the premium extras or do more grinding could then get the extra rewards.

This.

So in other words, its pretty much like every single event they've ever done - Doable for basic players, with extra rewards for people that complete early
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Does anyone know if any mods are currently online?
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    New twist (and glitch) though a nice one for once.

Been playing during the day on me phone, got capped around 10am, so just been logging in to clear dumped junk and possums.

Got home, logged in on me tablet and was surprised to see that the project board was open again and said I had 14 hours or so to complete 2 projects for me daily bonus. I completed 2, it gave me the value for those projects and the 1200 daily bonus then locked the project board up again.

I now have different projects in the board for me phone than on me tablet. The 2 I had completed on me tablet are still sitting on the project board when I view the game on me phone. Don't know if it will sync up and the phone will catch up, causing the 2 'tablet completed' projects to vanish but both devices have the increased, updated total for the event currency.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else can get this to work for them
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

This.

So in other words, its pretty much like every single event they've ever done - Doable for basic players, with extra rewards for people that complete early

All of this is correct, but with a cap of 4,500, the margins between success and failure are just too tight. A 6,000 cap (although I still disagree with there being a cap) would at least give us that leeway to log in just that little bit less. Makes it more manageable for everybody, even those you can only get on maybe twice a day.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Been playing during the day on me phone, got capped around 10am, so just been logging in to clear dumped junk and possums.

Got home, logged in on me tablet and was surprised to see that the project board was open again and said I had 14 hours or so to complete 2 projects for me daily bonus. I completed 2, it gave me the value for those projects and the 1200 daily bonus then locked the project board up again.

I now have different projects in the board for me phone than on me tablet. The 2 I had completed on me tablet are still sitting on the project board when I view the game on me phone. Don't know if it will sync up and the phone will catch up, causing the 2 'tablet completed' projects to vanish but both devices have the increased, updated total for the event currency.

I think we need someone to safely verify this before everybody tries it, I get the feeling it could cause sizeable damage if it goes wrong.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

I think we need someone to safely verify this before everybody tries it, I get the feeling it could cause sizeable damage if it goes wrong.

I'm not trying to promote it in any way, it simply happened to me when I got home tonight. Just posting it up as its another (of the seeming numerous) random glitches in this event.

edit - I have logged in again on both devices, gone to see friends and synced up, the daily timer is the same on both (14hours and change - which is correct for 9am tomorrow), the currency value is the same on both devices, the only difference is the 2 projects I handed in are still showing on the phone project board, whereas they have gone from the tablet one, due to me handing them in. Maybe tomorrow when the board opens up again they will vanish. Who knows?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

I'm not trying to promote it in any way, it simply happened to me when I got home tonight. Just posting it up as its another (of the seeming numerous) random glitches in this event.

I know, I didn't say that for you, I'm not accusing you of anything, it was just in case somebody just tried it without the awareness of the risks involved. Just call me Making-Aware-Risk-Man!!!
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Snip

I know, I didn't say that for you, I'm not accusing you of anything, it was just in case somebody just tried it without the awareness of the risks involved. Just call me Making-Aware-Risk-Man!!!

Lol. I wasn't taking it as if you were accusing me bud, not in the slightest :D

There should always be a Making-Aware-Risk-Man around... unless I am playing Risk of course.....
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Guys, from the game code I have seen it looks like we will need to complete 3 projects instead of 2 to get the bonus which is increased to 1800 for tomorrow.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Guys, from the game code I have seen it looks like we will need to complete 3 projects instead of 2 to get the bonus which is increased to 1800 for tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

In my RTTF town I got locked out for the first time. I seem to be doing ok at 19,091 Blueprints total, and I haven't done neighbor visits yet. No donuts spent.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

In my RTTF town I got locked out for the first time. I seem to be doing ok at 19,091 Blueprints total, and I haven't done neighbor visits yet. No donuts spent.

That's ahead of schedule at least, so ya I'd say your doing fine
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but in case someone missed it...... The amount of train cars increase apparently as you progress. I have 4 cars and 2 engines, while my wife still has just 2 cars (and 2 engines).

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but in case someone missed it...... The amount of train cars increase apparently as you progress. I have 4 cars and 2 engines, while my wife still has just 2 cars (and 2 engines).

You mean with the Monorail?! Nobody has mentioned anything like this! Can you expand on this please?!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.