EA Forums - Banner

Monorail: Projects Board Daily Caps (Update: Muscular Marge)

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4856 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Although I rushed a bit at the beginning, I had quite a bit on the first day and have yet to see any caps. I noticed someone posted a photo of the board with the 3 tasks, and that each one was complete. Mine are never complete. I can continue for as long as I want. I may be confused, but I seem to have a bunch of blueprints without too much effort.
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    empathy77 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    Affirmative. Donuts stop after part three.

Oh, this is just getting worse and worse...

But thanks for verifying...

Lame, yay 6 donuts, woohoo

Would sting less if we were able to earn donuts after completing the prize track like the previous events. But from what I understand, the only bonus we get is more track
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Even when properly explained (Thanks again LPN) it is still too confusing. It is as if EA's staff has been watching True Detective season two.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Although I rushed a bit at the beginning, I had quite a bit on the first day and have yet to see any caps. I noticed someone posted a photo of the board with the 3 tasks, and that each one was complete. Mine are never complete. I can continue for as long as I want. I may be confused, but I seem to have a bunch of blueprints without too much effort.

Your game must be glitched :wink: Lucky you (insert envious smiley).
  • barryriddl474
    4856 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

giphy.gif
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

giphy.gif

:thumbup:
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The way I see it, the cumulative cap cuts both ways. If you start the event late or need to skip a day, you can makeup those event currencies on a later on in the event. Conversely, if you know you have a busy day coming up, you can possibly overflow the previous day so you don't need to grind so much the next. For me, Fall Semester is starting Monday and with my work schedule Grinding will be at a premium. So, on Tuesday, I'll want to try and overflow and fill up on resources in preparation for being able to get 9,000 per day on Wed, Thurs, Fri. and Saturday.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Still a stupid system anyway.

Concur.

Feels like someone went to lengths to stretch as little content into as long of a haul as they possibly could. Rarely has the game felt so forced as it has with this.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Are people happy to keep this chart here? Or do people want to see a copy of it on the Q&A thread too? To keep all of the information together?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • pmiller067
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Arbok9782 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Still a stupid system anyway.

Concur.

Feels like someone went to lengths to stretch as little content into as long of a haul as they possibly could. Rarely has the game felt so forced as it has with this.

I think this is a combination of trying to slow people down...and trying to get them to spend donuts out of desperation.

Typical EA... making it EAsy to spend donuts.
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Have a neighbor sitting on 280,000 blueprints. Wowzers!!
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Are people happy to keep this chart here? Or do people want to see a copy of it on the Q&A thread too? To keep all of the information together?
    Copy on Q&A would be good.
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    Have a neighbor sitting on 280,000 blueprints. Wowzers!!
    How about 944,000bp now that's just crazy!!!
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have been following all the back and forth about the blueprint cap, or glitch, or whatever, and I am still not sure we have it down right...

If I understand what has been hashed out to this point, we are being capped at a cumulative number of blueprints. This cap increases every day by 4500 (and later 9000). So I should be able to hand in projects until I reach the cap for the day, which I believe is 21000, but I have been capped at 17586.

Can anyone explain why I would be capped at that number? Just before I was capped, I handed in a ~2000 BP project, I have not received a daily bonus of 5000 yet, and I have not rushed anything with donuts.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Copy on Q&A would be good.

If you are willing to, LP, can you provide the link please? Just PM me! :)
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • pmiller067
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have been following all the back and forth about the blueprint cap, or glitch, or whatever, and I am still not sure we have it down right...

If I understand what has been hashed out to this point, we are being capped at a cumulative number of blueprints. This cap increases every day by 4500 (and later 9000). So I should be able to hand in projects until I reach the cap for the day, which I believe is 21000, but I have been capped at 17586.

Can anyone explain why I would be capped at that number? Just before I was capped, I handed in a ~2000 BP project, I have not received a daily bonus of 5000 yet, and I have not rushed anything with donuts.

It is a running cume.... including any Overage you may have had the day before. So...if you did what I did, which was Two of the BIG ones (2K+) and a substantial one (1K+) in this order... 2K..1K (got my daily bonus for two completed...but stayed under the 4500 cap), then another 2k+ to finish out...it is going to penalize me tomorrow the difference. So...tomorrow, my cap is going to be 4,500 LESS the overage I had today.

The key to keeping your sanity, is going to keep hitting as close to the 4500...just over...or barely under...and you will be good the next day. I know. Complicated. But, it is the only thing that makes sense for the huge range of numbers that are being reported as "cut off" limits.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Do we know if the daily bonus that we get from completing a set amount of projects counts towards the limit, It doesn't seem to in my game but it would explain some figures others are reporting

I've been wondering about this as well...
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    bette3900 wrote:

giphy.gif

If you unlocked all prizes you don't have a cap
  • barryriddl474
    4856 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:

If you unlocked all prizes you don't have a cap

Mystery solved. Thanks. :D
  • pmiller067
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Do we know if the daily bonus that we get from completing a set amount of projects counts towards the limit, It doesn't seem to in my game but it would explain some figures others are reporting

I've been wondering about this as well...

It does not. Nor do any of the other BP you earn outside of the project totals.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.