EA Forums - Banner

Where are the stairs supposed to go?

Prev1
I used my pieces to build a substation along the track.

Replies

• snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I placed the stairs to the right of the main building and placed a rail behind it.
    It fits in perfectly.
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure if it's correct, but this is where I placed my stairs for the Monorail station.

XHDeHpMl.jpg
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    There really is no "correct" way, just keep trying and moving things until it looks good to you. Here is what I did with mine.

9YwCreGl.png
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Helen and danco, those are wonderful! I appreciated seeing them.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wadebear wrote:

Excellent idea! Would love to see an image. :mrgreen:
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:
    There really is no "correct" way, just keep trying and moving things until it looks good to you. Here is what I did with mine.

9YwCreGl.png

Yours looks great Danco :P I can't wait until I get more track pieces as well 8)
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    janis810 wrote:
    Helen and danco, those are wonderful! I appreciated seeing them.

Thanks Janis :)
  • thatdonald845
    1598 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The stairs would have more design potential if they could be turned 360 degrees. It makes it more of a fun challenge though when you are limited by restrictions imposed upon you and have to improvise. 8)
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the compliments, of course its all temporary until the event is over and I see how much track I have. then the aggravation, I mean fun starts of blowing up my town and rebuilding it around the monorail.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have a couple of images to post but in preview they come up huge. What is the code to resize ?

The first one is the station awning used 90 deg to how everyone else seems to have it as an end to the waiting area on the platform

My link looks something like this (I took the http and IMG out)

i61.tinypic.com/8yuzpz.jpg
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    this is the station stairs as a substation

2zz6mvk.jpg

(edits as typing on ipad is a nightmare)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • owenavenge460
    7 posts
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:

9YwCreGl.png

I love that!

I went with this in the end:
    hjK2wgj.png

I don't know if you can have the monorail going from Springfield to Downtown, but that's what I'm aiming to do. The other side is going to go to the second half of Springfield (I've split it into two halves, 696, 969 sort of thing)
  • thatdonald845
    1598 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    In one of my neighbours towns they have two trains as they haven't yet connected the Krusty Drive - Through to the Springfield Central station. A train appears when you buy the Krusty station.

You could have two separate monorails like this, both with running trains.
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    this is the station stairs as a substation

i57.tinypic.com/2zz6mvk.jpg

(edits as typing on ipad is a nightmare)

I hope you don't mind I added your pictures to my imgur page so I could post them for you since I'm not sure how to tell you to resize them with tinypic.

Nt7Hhvll.jpg

mtsC9tzl.jpg
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:

9YwCreGl.png

I love that!

I went with this in the end:
    hjK2wgj.png

I don't know if you can have the monorail going from Springfield to Downtown, but that's what I'm aiming to do. The other side is going to go to the second half of Springfield (I've split it into two halves, 696, 969 sort of thing)

I was happy when I saw the track could be placed over water, but then I found out you couldn't place them over the ocean :x I had planned on going over the ocean and around the mountains to get to SH. hopefully they will change that in the future and allow track to be placed on the beach and ocean, as well as let fences go under the track. I'm sure I am wishing for way too much.
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wadebear wrote:

I also built a substation along the way it had not occurred to me that they were part of the main station
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    They go where it pleases you to have them.........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • owenavenge460
    7 posts
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:
    I was happy when I saw the track could be placed over water, but then I found out you couldn't place them over the ocean :x I had planned on going over the ocean and around the mountains to get to SH. hopefully they will change that in the future and allow track to be placed on the beach and ocean, as well as let fences go under the track. I'm sure I am wishing for way too much.
    I take it you can't build the track over the mountains then? That's a shame because I wanted have the monorail going to and fro from Springfield to SH. :x (I haven't unlocked SH yet. I haven't even unlocked Squidport yet. :lol: )
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:

I hope you don't mind I added your pictures to my imgur page so I could post them for you since I'm not sure how to tell you to resize them with tinypic.

Thanks danco214, I was hoping that something like

8yuzpz.jpg

would work, but for some reason it doesn't. I'll keep playing around, don't know why the bb software here doesn't make it easier for people
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    danco214 wrote:

Thanks danco214, I was hoping that something like

8yuzpz.jpg

would work, but for some reason it doesn't. I'll keep playing around, don't know why the bb software here doesn't make it easier for people

That's why I use imgur, I just find it easier to work with, and selecting the "large thumbnail" size on imgur is the perfect size for these forums.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.