EA Forums - Banner

Mad Max Fury Road is *' awesome!

That sounds like a lot of action going on :lol:

Main question tho.....How does it compare to the original version with Mel Gibson? Or is it different?

Replies

  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    That sounds like a lot of action going on :lol:

    Main question tho.....How does it compare to the original version with Mel Gibson? Or is it different?

    It's different. But in a good way. It really is Mad Max but it has it's own feel. They did a nice job in my opinion.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Different. Lots of action, purely speaking about the art of Movie making (acting, dialogue, continuity) NOT good. NO comparison for the Original. That One was much better. But brainless action: Awesome
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Different. Lots of action, purely speaking about the art of Movie making (acting, dialogue, continuity) NOT good. NO comparison for the Original. That One was much better. But brainless action: Awesome

    Your reviews are awesome no messing and to the point :lol:

    How are you not a film critic ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Who's talking about interesting dialogues? :roll:

    It's an action film. Treat it as such. If i want an interesting script and stunning dialogues, i'll go and see the minions movie. :P

    It has that real Mad Max weirdness feel. They did an awesome job maintaining that weirdness but at the other side making a 2015 worthy film. Of course it's not Mad Max one on one, but then again, it's not 1979 as well. It's awesome. That's what i said. If you want to go see an awesome film, go see Mad Max Fury Road.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited May 2015
    Minions movie now that's something I can't wait to see :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Minions movie now that's something I can't wait to see :lol:

    Can't wait! :lol:
  • 4junk3000
    5270 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Saw MM this weekend at the drive-in.

    Very very good, for an action flick. Some funny dialog, nothing too childish, nothing too hokey. No forced, cheesy romance. Just action.

    The vehicles were very cool. Someone had a fun time building those wild rides.

    Some of the things you could tell were engineered for the 3D version, but they weren't too distracting. Imax might be a good choice because you get that "barren wasteland as far as the eye can see", effect. But I like drive ins for the old skool atmosphere!

    I also recommend it!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Saw MM this weekend at the drive-in.

    Very very good, for an action flick. Some funny dialog, nothing too childish, nothing too hokey. No forced, cheesy romance. Just action.

    The vehicles were very cool. Someone had a fun time building those wild rides.

    Some of the things you could tell were engineered for the 3D version, but they weren't too distracting. Imax might be a good choice because you get that "barren wasteland as far as the eye can see", effect. But I like drive ins for the old skool atmosphere!

    I also recommend it!

    I saw it in 3D and that was nicely done. Not too much. Just enough. Think i'm gonna watch it again and in IMAX this time. Just normal 3D screen this time. I think it's worth a 3D imax watch. :D
  • empathy77
    4177 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    It is getting awesome reviews, I didnt know if I was going to see this or not but after all the talk of how good it is, I look forward to seeing it
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was a huge fan of the first 2 films and was very excited to see this film. I watched reviews so I knew what to expect and the action still blew me away. It's the best action film I've seen in the theater since the 2nd Matrix film.
    Without spoiling too much, I was surprised to see the choice for the actor who plays Joe, as there seems to be no correlation to anything else..... :shock:

    George Miller has wowed me yet again. Bravo, sir.


    The guitar dude was awesome :lol:
    Fury-Road-Guitar-680x388.jpg

    I want to go see it again :D
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was a huge fan of the first 2 films and was very excited to see this film. I watched reviews so I knew what to expect and the action still blew me away. It's the best action film I've seen in the theater since the 2nd Matrix film.
    Without spoiling too much, I was surprised to see the choice for the actor who plays Joe, as there seems to be no correlation to anything else..... :shock:

    George Miller has wowed me yet again. Bravo, sir.


    The guitar dude was awesome :lol:
    Fury-Road-Guitar-680x388.jpg

    I want to go see it again :D

    Exactly! In fact, i am gonna watch it again. Few of my mates want to go see it as well so i'm just gonna go see it again. :lol:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Anyone else feel like the original script was called "Furiosa's Road" and it got re-worked to be a Mad Max film so it would sell?
    (I loved it, BTW, just seemed like Max could have been any old character and it would have played about the same. Wasn't really his story.)

    I thought it was really interesting that the precious resource wasn't just gasoline for this one. Water actually made way more sense to me.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Anyone else feel like the original script was called "Furiosa's Road" and it got re-worked to be a Mad Max film so it would sell?
    (I loved it, BTW, just seemed like Max could have been any old character and it would have played about the same. Wasn't really his story.)

    I thought it was really interesting that the precious resource wasn't just gasoline for this one. Water actually made way more sense to me.

    tumblr_m2kcl7WLmn1qeweuno1_500.gif

    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Anyone else feel like the original script was called "Furiosa's Road" and it got re-worked to be a Mad Max film so it would sell?
    (I loved it, BTW, just seemed like Max could have been any old character and it would have played about the same. Wasn't really his story.)

    I thought it was really interesting that the precious resource wasn't just gasoline for this one. Water actually made way more sense to me.

    tumblr_m2kcl7WLmn1qeweuno1_500.gif

    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    If it's clear in the first ten minutes of a film, I make zero apologies. You want me to actually earn that spoiler alert? I don't think you do. :twisted:
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I just watched this last night and remembered this thread. I thought it was terrific. Yes, the dialogue and especially the symbolism are a bit over the top, but hey, that's part of the fun of a Mad Max film! Only real flaw, and it's not a fatal one:
    neuroheart wrote:
    ...just seemed like Max could have been any old character and it would have played about the same. Wasn't really his story...

    Exactly right, and I'll go one step further: he might have been the least interesting character in the movie! And I'm including the bit parts! Still, not a big deal: I'll just skip the first few minutes next time I watch.

    In any case, I figure it's worth bumping the thread since it's now on home release. I'm just hoping any sequel involves Furiosa and not Max.
  • Aiwanz
    26 posts
    edited August 2015
    I think I've read somewhere that Furiosa won't be in the next movie. The initial idea was that the next movies focuses on her since Miller had tons and tons of material that didn't make it into the Fury Road but things have apparently changed.

    I liked the movie so much that I went to see it again the day after, just to absorb all the details. The world-building is beyond awesome.

    As for the story not being Max's, well, I think that the point sort of - a guy randomly gets involved in things that initially don't concern him.

    Although flawed at some points, the movie still stands out from the rest I've seen this year.

    Btw, Vertigo has published series of comics that tie-in with the movie: Mad Max: Fury Road - Mad Max and Mad Max: Fury Road - Furiosa if anyone's interested :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!