EA Forums - Banner

Spuckler Baby, thank you

Replies

• Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Has anyone who has had this unexpected Spuckler never stored her previously? I'm thinking my previous store-to-cancel task just came to fruition yesterday and EA has not actually pushed a fix for Brandine yet.

I just got a Spuckler with about 20+ days left on the task, and the task still going. I had never stored Brandine since I purchased her with the Sideshow Bob event.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Arbok9782 wrote:
    Has anyone who has had this unexpected Spuckler never stored her previously? I'm thinking my previous store-to-cancel task just came to fruition yesterday and EA has not actually pushed a fix for Brandine yet.

I just got a Spuckler with about 20+ days left on the task, and the task still going. I had never stored Brandine since I purchased her with the Sideshow Bob event.

Thanks for posting. Clearly my hypothesis was wrong :lol:

It will be interesting to see what happens when our current tasks end. Fingers crossed we will get another Spuckler; I'm so over Brandine and these 90 day epics.
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Pretty much the same happened to me.

Last night I still had 2+ days on Brandine's second kid. After Projects reset (1am my time) I completed some projects and right after claiming one of them I also got the dialog box giving me the second kid.

I have verified that the second kid is walking around my Springfield.
    Brandine still has 2d9h to go on her task.
    Is she gonna give birth in less than 3 days?! Hopefully!
  • speedymcd
    5 posts
    edited August 2015
    I am still missing my second Spuckler. 90 days was up yesterday, I completed the quest and received money but no kid. Contacted EA. They said they are aware of the issue and working to fix it. Said I would receive the kid once an update is ready. I am not feeling as lucky as the rest of you.
  • Mpurehaze
    14 posts
    edited August 2015
    The update of Spuckler Baby took away my Happy Sumo 60min quest which gave out $105 to every Springfielder. I'm so annoyed right now. I was making $10,000 every 60 min. Now it's completely gone because of Spuckler baby. :x
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    i just got my last Spuckler baby today, thanks EA for the glitch fix and giving me my last baby
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    speedymcd wrote:
    I am still missing my second Spuckler. 90 days was up yesterday, I completed the quest and received money but no kid.

Same here. Don't remember any money/XP either, but I may have missed that.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Hey, it worked!!! :D

Well... maybe. I logged on today and suddenly got dialogues for about 5 or so completed quests that I didn't know were missing including getting my second Spuckler. Meanwhile it still said that she had 88 days to go on her (new) pregnancy.

So maybe storing and re-pregnerating her worked, or maybe I would have gotten the second Spuckler anyway. At least I got it, which is the important thing. Meanwhile just for kicks I did another store-and-repregneration to see if it hits again. I'll be shocked if it does, but it's not like I really need her for the event just yet anyway.

Im trying your trick. I have stored her, and knocked her up again.
  • 98BluDvl
    4 posts
    edited August 2015
    98BluDvl wrote:
    I rushed the last 14 days of Brandine's 2nd baby at the beginning of the monorail event and never received Dubya. I spent 2 calls with EA being assured that they couldn't do anything for me (donuts or pushing Dubya into my game), until the mass fix was completed via update. So the "fix" seems to have given a lot of people without a direct complaint a free Spuckler, but hasn't touched my game at all. Looks like another support call is in my future. And I still have a -7/1 task lingering for Milhouse. Yay.

Well, according to today's call with EA, the free Spuckler was not actually the fix for my problem, and I just need to be patient for the fix to hit my game. "Give it a week and then call back if a fix hasn't hit your game." I will try to be patient.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have verified that the second kid is walking around my Springfield.
    Brandine still has 2d9h to go on her task.
    Is she gonna give birth in less than 3 days?! Hopefully!

Please keep us posted! You have about 2 days left on it now I think, so you will hit the end of the counter before any of us here will.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    moarku wrote:

Well... maybe. I logged on today and suddenly got dialogues for about 5 or so completed quests that I didn't know were missing including getting my second Spuckler. Meanwhile it still said that she had 88 days to go on her (new) pregnancy.

So maybe storing and re-pregnerating her worked, or maybe I would have gotten the second Spuckler anyway. At least I got it, which is the important thing. Meanwhile just for kicks I did another store-and-repregneration to see if it hits again. I'll be shocked if it does, but it's not like I really need her for the event just yet anyway.

Hey! It worked, thank you moarku.
  • thebryturner
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Of my 3 towns. I started all 3 Brandines at the same time in each town (Planted corn to to celebrate.) I stopped all 3 Brandine's by storing them and bringing them back out for the start of the Monorail. Now about 15 days left of getting corn, two of the towns I got a free Baby. Whitney in one and Birthday Spuckler in another. Waiting for my third town for a free baby. Brandine looks thin and collecting Metal. I didn't have any of the kids before these two.

• Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    moarku wrote:

Hey! It worked, thank you moarku.

Awesome!!! :mrgreen:

I honestly wasn't sure if that's what did it for me or if it was just a coincidence of timing. Apparently that settles it.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    moarku wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    Jeez, now it's even more annoying than I blew donuts to rush her and didn't get one. :?

Given that it turns out I'm easily hitting the cap every day (and thus there was no need to rush her to begin with), I've just re-pregnanated her. I'll be shocked if this trick works for me, but it's worth a shot. If it turns out I need her eventually after all, I'll just store her.

After reading your post, I decided to do what you did. It's been two days, and nothing happened, so I called EA Support. I was told I could have my 14 donuts back, which I used to rush Brandine, but there was nothing that could be done to place the child in my town. We then went on to talk about Akira being stuck on "plant bonsai," and the rep suggested I store the Happy Sumo and see what happens. I turned on my game, started to say, "But, wait, that won't tell me anything, since "plant bonsai" is the first task," but suddenly, there was Mayor Quimby in a dialogue box saying something to Brandine and Cletus. I asked the rep if he just did that, and he said, no, he hadn't done anything yet. I couldn't read the dialogue, since I was talking to the rep, but I tapped through it and Dubya, who for me is the third Spuckler, was in my town. For those of you who are also doing what moarku did, if it's any help, Brandine was at 88 days 5 hours when the patch arrived, and I had just shut my tablet down shortly before. I was in and out of my game twice after shutting down, and the little one-eyed darling arrived as I turned the game back on while talking to the EA rep. Good luck to all of you still waiting!
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited August 2015
    Just got the popup for the third Spuckler baby (Birthday). Meanwhile Brandine still has 29d to go on her pregnancy.

I'm a bit conflicted now, it seems like a good time to free her up for her event quests (as otherwise she'll miss them entirely) but I've heard they're not that interesting.

And I thought there was supposed to be a max of three kids, so I'm a little curious what will happen if I let the pregnancy complete.
  • Khorah
    191 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I had reset her but Whitney still showed up Sunday for me..

/shrug

Thanks EA!! :D
  • niahunt
    334 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I followed all the steps on here in the hope that the 3rd Spuckler would show up...but nothing.

Must admit I am a bit peeved as I spent donuts to speed it up & ended up with nothing & have to start the 90 days all over again. :x
  • Kalphoenix
    10 posts
    edited August 2015
    It will be a week for me on Tuesday. Still nothing, even when "re-starting" Brandine's pregnancy. I even tried completely re-installing my game, so if you are still missing your Spuckler Child (this was supposed to be #2), you aren't the only one still waiting.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just curious... has anyone had this glitch function and produce two Spuckler Babies? Or has everyone had it occur once to speed up a kid that was on the way?
  • intbananas
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I've been into my game this morning and received Dubya which was a bit of a surprise.
    I bought Brandine in February, in March I stored her to end the pregnancy task so she was free for the Patrick's Day quest. When that finished I re-started the pregnancy and eventually Whitney arrived. Brandine hasn't been pregnant for a couple of months... At the moment my guess is that Dubya's arrival is due to storing Brandine in March.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.