EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Got Brian today. Has anyone taken up that clam offer? I would, if I knew for sure that week 3 stuff will need guitar picks.
    I passed. Knowing how TinyCo usually does things, I'm pretty sure the picks won't be useful next week, after this offer is gone.

If you can hold out, I'm also 95% sure that this sale means that there will be a more desirable offer in 2 weeks. Watch. Come back to this post.

In fact, if you can keep holding out, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to have increasingly better biweekly sales, culminating with a clam sale (probably more clams with each purchase, to change it up from NYE) around when the event finishes.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    I didn't do it after it wasn't 5 minutes anymore. I had built up like 900 picks and 4000 glowsticks, so there is no reason to tie up the character.

Lucky you. I only did it once when it was at the 5 minute stage. They changed it the following morning. I had been worried TinyCo would consider it an exploit and remove peoples progress, so I held off. Wish I'd gone for it now.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    A mixed feelings event - i like how they have made the side quests shorter than the main quest, but they are still using characters that are needed to drop items. With over 100 possible available characters that could drop items, they still persist on doing this. It's stupid. They have obviously listened about the number of items needed to unlock costumes and characters, much less than before in previous events so far, Avril was an easy unlock, as was Rockstar Peter (unexpectedly). Meg's costume seemed almost impossible, but the 5min secret shows sorted that out, then there was Brian's costume, tickets were a pain, but a glitch in the game completed the quest without the need for Joe's costume and gave me the final tickets i needed after the 24hr Avril secret show passed. For safety and security reasons, i won't be using these secret shows again, like many players, i have a feeling TinyCo may start to punish players for THEIR mistake as they have done for a while. It's been said that these secret shows should not actually be in the game, but i don't believe that, i think they are meant to be in the game because it opens up a task on the character, and instead of being removed for phase 2 of the event, was increased to 24hrs. So i think it's meant to be there, but they have messed up somewhere and people are taking advantage of it, hence, people now being very very cautious about it. Joe's costume was a tricky one, those oil bottles seemed to be more like epic drops rather than extra rare, but, i unlocked that this morning. I bought Snoop who helped with the rainbow ball thingies. I'm almost done with the side tasks as well, so if i can get them out of the way, there should be no back logs for the next phase of the event at all (in theory), all i should have there is older Peter tasks for Retep and Loretta, and i just have Dr Hartman trying to get flutes. Only thing i'm disappointed with is the fact they have used the mechanics of the really awful Mobsters event - lets just hope there is no leaderboard, because that was universally hated by many
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    HOw do you get the skin for Brian unlocked?
    Glowsticks, Picks, Tickets (from clearing Greased Up Deaf Guy & performing concerts), and Hacky Sacks (from clearing bees).

No I mean how do the jobs unlock for Brian - I don't have the option of earning the skin yet.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    Glowsticks, Picks, Tickets (from clearing Greased Up Deaf Guy & performing concerts), and Hacky Sacks (from clearing bees).

No I mean how do the jobs unlock for Brian - I don't have the option of earning the skin yet.

Brian's tasks only unlocked after i bought Snoop - then the other tasks came after i unlocked his rapper costume. Any other tasks he has would probably be releated to the main questline or collecting honey pots. Hope that helps
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:

Ah, you have to progress in the questline. He is not in Al's like most skins, he is in the Merch Tent.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else having issues getting connected to the game this morning?

EDIT: Never mind. Working now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    wiedmannaj wrote:

Ah, you have to progress in the questline. He is not in Al's like most skins, he is in the Merch Tent.

Yeah - figured this out too late. Not thrilled with how that was done. Missed out on Meg's skin. Should have a chance to get Brian. The items from the bee swarms aren't dropping though.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Looks like the current phase ends today. Nice timing for me actually, cause I ran out of event quests this morning.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Phase 3 is live! They've added Alice Cooper, and he's not a premium character. No new skins added to the merchandise tent this time.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Phase 3 is live! They've added Alice Cooper, and he's not a premium character. No new skins added to the merchandise tent this time.
    How much is the Hostel & Alice Cooper's glowstick count? I'm pretty sure I lost out on some glowsticks with the update.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The hostel is 4000 glowsticks and Alice Cooper needs 700.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well I think the game might be messing with me again. I have 1d22h left on Rapper Brian's timer, but I don't think the game is going to spawn me any more of the bee swarms needed for his item drops. I'm usually a TinyCo defender, but I'm not liking how they've executed this event so far.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well I think the game might be messing with me again. I have 1d22h left on Rapper Brian's timer, but I don't think the game is going to spawn me any more of the bee swarms needed for his item drops. I'm usually a TinyCo defender, but I'm not liking how they've executed this event so far.

Really? My town is swarming (pardon the pun) with bee girls. And the new dark bee girls as well.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Really? My town is swarming (pardon the pun) with bee girls. And the new dark bee girls as well.

Normally mine too. But I ran out last night and there have been none that appeared today. When I go to Brian's skin in the menu to go directly to them, it keeps telling me they are all gone, but more will appear soon.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    just checked - still no bees (I have the new ones but not the old ones).
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone get a popup offering 25 picks and 10 tickets if you buy the Neon Lion? 24 hour timed offer.

If it was the 200 clam neon animal, I'd consider it. But 700 clams? No way.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone get a popup offering 25 picks and 10 tickets if you buy the Neon Lion? 24 hour timed offer.

If it was the 200 clam neon animal, I'd consider it. But 700 clams? No way.

Yeah, I got it.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    SirCraigius I see you're on the FGA website as a commenter - I just posted about this bee swarm issue. I'm beefytrout.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Finally 3 of them popped up! None dropped what I need, but still.