EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    So, is there a patern for the extra rails? Or is it random? So far the game keeps giving me curved tracks, but I have plenty of those! I need straight pieces!

    I've read that you randomly get either a straight or concerns piece, no pattern

    Awesome! Thank you! Should get Roy in a few hours then.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    So, is there a patern for the extra rails? Or is it random? So far the game keeps giving me curved tracks, but I have plenty of those! I need straight pieces!

    I've read that you randomly get either a straight or concerns piece, no pattern

    (LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has "corner" auto-corrected to "concern" ... assuming that's what happened to you, that is.) :)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    So, is there a patern for the extra rails? Or is it random? So far the game keeps giving me curved tracks, but I have plenty of those! I need straight pieces!

    I've read that you randomly get either a straight or concerns piece, no pattern

    (LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has "corner" auto-corrected to "concern" ... assuming that's what happened to you, that is.) :)

    Haha :lol: Well the state my monorail is in something needs to be concerned

  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    This is the first event I've slacked off at, damn SH ruined the game for me.

    I've decided I'd like to have this monorail event completed anyway and tried to catch up. I'm at 39k right now, do i stand a chance? Any tips on how to reach finish?

    Thanks in advance

    Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

    You need 44350 more to get the final prize:
    Daily play bonus- if you only got it today then you get it again this act sorry
    Project complete bonus (if you get them all, which you probably will)- 6000
    Maxing out projects for the next 3 days- 27000
    Neighbour visits- 1620
    Possums collected three times a day- 80x3x3= 720

    Total 35340

    This leaves you short 9010, do you know if you're this much below the cap? If you are you need to grind out 12000 from projects over the next three days, and remember today is still going so the more you grind today the less you need to grind over the next three days.

    Edit: I Forgot to add my tips for projects:
    -if a project costs only trash, do it straight away, its so easy to restock your trash that you can afford to waste it on any project.
    -if all the available projects cost metal, or metal and junk, save for the one with the highest Blueprint payout, I was doing them as soon as they became available and it was taking me all day to catch up a few days ago.

    Thanks alot man, very helpfull.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Ummm. Back to the "Reviving Sebastian" issue above. OOPS.

    johncolombo just posted in that other thread that -- even though he had been stuck -- when he cleared fumes from a building in his town it jump-started his ability to do projects again. So the cap WAS removed for him, even though he'd exhausted Sebastian before getting Ray.

    Not sure why it locked up on him in the first place. Maybe that will happen all the time until a player clears another building or something. (Wonder how they'd know to look back and find out they can continue projects? Maybe that "track" icon shows up in their taskbook ...)

    Sorry for the confusion. But at least it's GOOD news. :)

    Was Johncolombo the only place where this was observed then?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    This is the first event I've slacked off at, damn SH ruined the game for me.

    I've decided I'd like to have this monorail event completed anyway and tried to catch up. I'm at 39k right now, do i stand a chance? Any tips on how to reach finish?

    Thanks in advance

    Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

    You need 44350 more to get the final prize:
    Daily play bonus- if you only got it today then you get it again this act sorry
    Project complete bonus (if you get them all, which you probably will)- 6000
    Maxing out projects for the next 3 days- 27000
    Neighbour visits- 1620
    Possums collected three times a day- 80x3x3= 720

    Total 35340

    This leaves you short 9010, do you know if you're this much below the cap? If you are you need to grind out 12000 from projects over the next three days, and remember today is still going so the more you grind today the less you need to grind over the next three days.

    Edit: I Forgot to add my tips for projects:
    -if a project costs only trash, do it straight away, its so easy to restock your trash that you can afford to waste it on any project.
    -if all the available projects cost metal, or metal and junk, save for the one with the highest Blueprint payout, I was doing them as soon as they became available and it was taking me all day to catch up a few days ago.

    Thanks alot man, very helpfull.

    Your welcome, I'm just happy to help :D

  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Ummm. Back to the "Reviving Sebastian" issue above. OOPS.

    johncolombo just posted in that other thread that -- even though he had been stuck -- when he cleared fumes from a building in his town it jump-started his ability to do projects again. So the cap WAS removed for him, even though he'd exhausted Sebastian before getting Ray.

    Not sure why it locked up on him in the first place. Maybe that will happen all the time until a player clears another building or something. (Wonder how they'd know to look back and find out they can continue projects? Maybe that "track" icon shows up in their taskbook ...)

    Sorry for the confusion. But at least it's GOOD news. :)

    Was Johncolombo the only place where this was observed then?

    His was the only case I seen, maybe if you change the front page to say:
    If your cap isn't lifted try earning more blueprints and that should clear it

  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Ummm. Back to the "Reviving Sebastian" issue above. OOPS.

    johncolombo just posted in that other thread that -- even though he had been stuck -- when he cleared fumes from a building in his town it jump-started his ability to do projects again. So the cap WAS removed for him, even though he'd exhausted Sebastian before getting Ray.

    Not sure why it locked up on him in the first place. Maybe that will happen all the time until a player clears another building or something. (Wonder how they'd know to look back and find out they can continue projects? Maybe that "track" icon shows up in their taskbook ...)

    Sorry for the confusion. But at least it's GOOD news. :)

    Was Johncolombo the only place where this was observed then?

    His was the only case I seen, maybe if you change the front page to say:
    If your cap isn't lifted try earning more blueprints and that should clear it

    Yeah, that's a good idea, but I'm also going to leave what I've written there too, as while there is no negatives now to doing it either way, by getting Ray and leaving Sebastian Cobb unexhausted, the cap free grinding can start straight away.
    Hope that makes sense!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Yeah, that's a good idea, but I'm also going to leave what I've written there too, as while there is no negatives now to doing it either way, by getting Ray and leaving Sebastian Cobb unexhausted, the cap free grinding can start straight away.
    Hope that makes sense!

    Thats probably better, just in case it becomes a common problem

  • Willy9292
    1550 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Willy9292 wrote:
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.

    My first two were straight. :?
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Willy9292 wrote:
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.

    My first two were straight. :?

    Yup, first two bonus tracks for me were straight as well
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Willy9292 wrote:
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.

    My first two were straight. :?

    Yup, first two bonus tracks for me were straight as well

    90 degree curve and a straight piece were my first two bonus tracks.
  • Katie7617
    113 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My first two were both curved
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Willy9292 wrote:
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.

    My first two were straight. :?

    Yup, first two bonus tracks for me were straight as well

    90 degree curve and a straight piece were my first two bonus tracks.

    I'm noticing for obvious reasons more and more people asking about the randomness of "bracks"? Bonus tracks, instead of bonuts, bonus donuts? No? Give me a break, it's nearly 1am here!!

    Anyway. Can we confirm that the tracks you can grind after completion of Act I and before Act II starts: do they come in twos? Are they both always the same (two curved, two straight, not a curved and straight track)? And is it truly random? Once we've confirmed these facts I'll ad it to the OP, as it'll become a bigger issue over the next few days, and I imagine it'll be exactly the same at the end of Act II and Act III.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, I have received five bracks so far, all of them straight.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Willy9292 wrote:
    I am curious. I have reached the end of the Act and am grinding for track. So far I have obtained 2 tracks but both were curved. Is the track you get random, or is there a pattern to them. Obviously the more straight track the better, it was a bit disappointing to get the first two as curved.

    My first two were straight. :?

    Yup, first two bonus tracks for me were straight as well

    90 degree curve and a straight piece were my first two bonus tracks.

    I'm noticing for obvious reasons more and more people asking about the randomness of "bracks"? Bonus tracks, instead of bonuts, bonus donuts? No? Give me a break, it's nearly 1am here!!

    Anyway. Can we confirm that the tracks you can grind after completion of Act I and before Act II starts: do they come in twos? Are they both always the same (two curved, two straight, not a curved and straight track)? And is it truly random? Once we've confirmed these facts I'll ad it to the OP, as it'll become a bigger issue over the next few days, and I imagine it'll be exactly the same at the end of Act II and Act III.

    Not at my computer or I'd look it up, but LPN posted that it is random, and he gave the probabilities.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I admit I'm not paying close attention ... I've been putting tracks in and out of storage, moving them around my town.

    But I could swear I'm only getting one-at-a-time for my bonus tracks. Not pairs. Are you folks getting two tracks for your bonus? :shock:
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I admit I'm not paying close attention ... I've been putting tracks in and out of storage, moving them around my town.

    But I could swear I'm only getting one-at-a-time for my bonus tracks. Not pairs. Are you folks getting two tracks for your bonus? :shock:

    Nope, just one at a time.
  • jonny092110
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure if I'm in a (best glitch ever!) glitch scenario or if I haven't read the Q&A thread thoroughly. I'm at 114k in blueprints & I haven't exhausted Sebatian at all since the patch update went thru giving me my 3rd Spuckler & clearing my -48/1 Quimby task. I'm hoping if to grind out as many tracks (obviously) as I can with 3days 30min til the switch to duct tape. I did notice a post stating the cap went to 9000 BP's for the last few days but I'm not sure if that already kicked in or (again) if I'm the benefactor of my first blissful glitch since last Halloween when I got the donut torture device really & got a bevy of bonuts. Either way I'm a blissful tapper. That after feeling like I was being hosed in the beginning of the event
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!