541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    DOHbeeWan wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    Hey, it worked!!! :D

Well... maybe. I logged on today and suddenly got dialogues for about 5 or so completed quests that I didn't know were missing including getting my second Spuckler. Meanwhile it still said that she had 88 days to go on her (new) pregnancy.

So maybe storing and re-pregnerating her worked, or maybe I would have gotten the second Spuckler anyway. At least I got it, which is the important thing. Meanwhile just for kicks I did another store-and-repregneration to see if it hits again. I'll be shocked if it does, but it's not like I really need her for the event just yet anyway.

Im trying your trick. I have stored her, and knocked her up again.

Hey! It worked, thank you moarku.

Awesome!!! :mrgreen:

I honestly wasn't sure if that's what did it for me or if it was just a coincidence of timing. Apparently that settles it.

Hmm, so I'm debating trying this as well but want to make sure I have this correctly. My Brandine has about 30 days left. Based on what the two of you had happen, should I store her and re-pregnate her or did you put her on a recycling task first?

In my case, Brandine went the full time, but when she finished I did not get the no 2 child. But by using moarku's trick I got it. So it was not a speeding up thing, but it looks like some have had success in this.
  • littlecat32
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have never stored Brandine (bought her the last time she came on sale... Easter?) but I just logged in and found my first Spuckler child. Brandine still has 7 days left on her pregnancy. No updates as far as I could tell.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    98BluDvl wrote:
    janis810 wrote:
    Let me add that I previously posted the exact particulars about how I stored Brandine, waited X amount of time, shut down my tablet, and...voila! A Spuckler. Well, my husband did none of that, was so upset that I got my Spuckler and he didn't, then... 8 hours later...his Spuckler arrived. I would love to know what system EA is using to do this, but I'm going to tell you, I was so upset when I read others had gotten the child when I hadn't, and you can't believe how frustrated my husband was when mine arrived and his didn't. All of you still waiting, I hope it will be the same - a wait, but it will work out. Hey- If anyone out there knows how EA is doing these updates (I mean, is an actually person looking at all of our games and shrinking - oh yeah, she's missing her Spuckler ) please share.

As I wade through the monorail event, which I should be enjoying, I can't stop stewing over my missing Spuckler baby and the way that EA is addressing this Known Issue. I haven't seen an answer to Janis810's question, but this is really confusing me. I haven't seen an update to my game since Saturday when people started reporting random Spuckler deliveries. Can anyone comment on whether they got an update to their game prior to their free Spuckler? If it's an update, why is it going out so randomly to individual users? If it's not an update, how are they pushing it into individual games on the rolling timeline documented here, if not by pushing it for individual users one by one by going into their specific game? That theory seems to be undercut by the fact that so many people without a complaint on file have gotten the fix, while many of us who requested support sit waiting. Can EA change this sort of thing on the servers and just let it slowly propagate through individual games? This is way over my head, but I'm obviously obsessing over the point as I wait for a solution.

I think that you will not get an answer from someone who really knows; i.e. has their hand in it.

Neither my wife or I called EA. She got her's first. A few days later I got mine. I also had a number of strange things get fixed; like the negative task number. There was no update for this. Hence, they fixed our game files. One would think that they'd have written a program that walks the game files for everyone and fixes these issues, rather than do it by hand; but it still takes time. I'm surprised it did not require a game update for some of these fixes.

• wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    I just logged into my Android game and...

I just got my first Spuckler kid. Brandine is still pregnant with 6 days 8 hours left to go. I've never 'aborted' a pregnancy - in fact I don't think I've ever even stored her since I got her at Valentines this year (I decided to wait for my corn to finish growing before starting a pregnancy).

My negative task "Make Marge Protest Something" has gone from -6 back to 1. I think when they fix the negative tasks they're also just adding a Spuckler kid if you have Brandine and don't have all 3 kids.

'Rail Against the Machine Pt.3" has been marked completed and "Rail Against the Machine Pt.4" is available in my task book even though Homer is still 10 hours and 43 minutes short of finishing "Air Out Bitey"

That's all I can see that happened. My town is such a mess that I wouldn't know if I was missing anything or not. I'm workin' on it though...
    Several hours since my last post... Just dragged out of bed...

In my iPad game:

Pretty much the same situation. My negative "Make Lisa Attend a Mensa Meeting" has gone from -3 to 1, I now have my first Spuckler kid, Brandine is still pregnant, and 'Rail Against the Machine Pt.3" auto-completed with 45 minutes left to go on the timer.

No, there has been no update that I could see. I read in another post by LPNintendo (I think it was him anyway) that the fixes are being done on the server end. They're just changing our database info on the server. They can do that you know...

Oh, one more thing: After doing Bart's 30 second task for "Rail Against the Machine Pt.4" I didn't get the completion text from Lisa until I went to Krustyland to save my game after assigning everyone tasks. Both games.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    98BluDvl wrote:
    Can anyone comment on whether they got an update to their game prior to their free Spuckler?

I can comment, and I have above, but here it is again...

Someone (LPNintendo I think) commented in another post that EA is updating our databases on the server to address this issue. No update. You don't have to store Brandine. Just wait, they'll get to you eventually.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh, I almost forgot: In my iPad game I got a different Spuckler kid than I did in my Android game. Is this normal?
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Logged into my game about an hour ago and a message popped up stating that Lil Dubya was here. Brandine wasn't even pregnant! She finished making her "something" stew a few minutes ago. How will she ever explain this one to Cletus? :lol:
  • Kalphoenix
    10 posts
    edited August 2015
    98BluDvl wrote:
    As I wade through the monorail event, which I should be enjoying, I can't stop stewing over my missing Spuckler baby and the way that EA is addressing this Known Issue. I haven't seen an answer to Janis810's question, but this is really confusing me. I haven't seen an update to my game since Saturday when people started reporting random Spuckler deliveries. Can anyone comment on whether they got an update to their game prior to their free Spuckler? If it's an update, why is it going out so randomly to individual users? If it's not an update, how are they pushing it into individual games on the rolling timeline documented here, if not by pushing it for individual users one by one by going into their specific game? That theory seems to be undercut by the fact that so many people without a complaint on file have gotten the fix, while many of us who requested support sit waiting. Can EA change this sort of thing on the servers and just let it slowly propagate through individual games? This is way over my head, but I'm obviously obsessing over the point as I wait for a solution.

Felt the same all week. Haven't been able to enjoy the event or the game with no assured promise of a fix, and I sure haven't felt inclined to purchase more donuts or donut-related merch.

My 2nd Spuckler (Dubya) JUST made an appearance, sometime in the last hour and I had this issue over a week ago (8-11ish). There is ZERO pattern that I can tell as to how they are "fixing" this.

I'm glad it's remedied for some of us, but honestly, I am still really frustrated by how they handled it...some of these folk's CS stories are unacceptable and while I am relieved just to get what I "paid" for, I don't think the people who requested, at the minimum, a return of the donuts they spent on rushing the job were being unreasonable and it should have just been given as a sign of apology and good faith. They've seemed to be pretty good about this kind of thing in the past (giving bonus donuts, items, time on events, etc), which is why I haven't minded spending some money on premium currency but I was a little frustrated with how this was handled for most folks.

My CS was extremely polite and kind, if unable to remedy my issue and while the gesture of a 15% off coupon for Origins is fine, it feels a little unrelated and...well...why would I want to give EA more money, especially when I have to "wait" for a fix that may or may not happen?

Be polite, but stay on them if this issue still isn't getting resolved for you.
  • intbananas
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    Logged into my game about an hour ago and a message popped up stating that Lil Dubya was here. Brandine wasn't even pregnant! She finished making her "something" stew a few minutes ago. How will she ever explain this one to Cletus? :lol:
    Exactly the same thing happened to me on Sunday, Brandine hasn't been pregnant for a while.

Have you ever stored Brandine to end a pregnancy? I had stored her in March and am wondering if this is what caused a surprise baby now.
  • HappyGamer73
    2403 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Logged in this morning to find that the Bonsai that Akira has been working on for the last week is finally re-potted, Brandine has had her second Spuckler and is still pregnant with her third (due in 30 days) and Bart and Milhouse no longer need to sleep over for a full three weeks. Glad the fix finally worked its way to me, but it's really hard to be patient when it's so unpredictable.
  • 91Swimmeralex
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I got the second spuckler when I logged into KL and now I can't move him to Springfield!! I tryed to store him but it's impossible to do. Is it a glitch or something else?
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I also got the "Fix" today - gave birth to a spuckler while Brandine was still pregnant (does this warrant a "maternity test"???).

Strangely, the fix was never needed. I didn't rush her ever with donuts, never stored her for any reason, and during "Brandinegate", I just let her continue with the 90-day task. I think their "Fix" is simply going from account-to-account and simply giving a spuckler to anyone that has Brandine but not all 3 spucklers.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    intbananas wrote:
    mystery2mi wrote:
    Exactly the same thing happened to me on Sunday, Brandine hasn't been pregnant for a while.

Have you ever stored Brandine to end a pregnancy? I had stored her in March and am wondering if this is what caused a surprise baby now.

The only time I ever stored Brandine was during Brandine-Gate. Maybe it was March. I seem to have blocked out that terrible incident! It was only 2 days before the patch came to allow her to do her quest. Right after that, she got pregnant again and gave birth to the first Spuckler. Since that time she hasn't been pregnant at all. She has just been doing her other jobs. It looks like EA is handing out baby Spuckler's to everyone with less than 3 lil Spucklers.
  • BombadilloT
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I received my first Spuckler today. At first, I thought Brandine had given birth, but I checked her, and she's still pregnant with 4 days left to delivery.

So I think anaquarind is right. EA is just gifting Spucklers to anyone that has Brandine.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just got my second spuckler popup.
    Brandine was in early pregnancy as the event started, so i stopped it and used Brandine to collect metal.
    Wasnt e xpecting a spuckler to appear :D
  • 98BluDvl
    4 posts
    edited August 2015
    Finally! My Spuckler arrived this morning. I opened my CS request on 8/12 after rushing the 2nd pregnancy when the monorail event started and getting no baby. This was my first CS request with EA, and I went in thinking it should be a quick fix. I'm glad the fix went through, and I'm just hoping that I never need support for this game again.

Have a great weekend and happy tapping, everyone!
  • crsroyal
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I suddenly got my first Spuckler this weekend as well. I stored Brandine right when the event started since she still had 70 days left of pregnancy. I didn't even report it to support, so I'm very glad to have received my Spuckler
  • DOHbeeWan
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My game was crashing repeatedly tonight but when I finally got on, I was pleasantly surprised to find Brandine's second baby was born - even though she had 22 days left and I didn't store her or rush her with donuts. On top of that, she is still at 22 days left, so I guess baby #3 is in there now!
  • LastMinuteG
    71 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Same here, the quests that had something like "-238/1" tasks left were all fixed, and I got another Spuckler kid. Brandine is still pregnant (22 days left), since I didn't really need her for this event.
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Brandine had twins (sort of)... must have been a 72 hour labor or something, since the first kid showed up when she still had 2+ days to go... then the second kid showed up once that timer ran out....

nice when you can benefit from a fix even when the glitch didn't impact you :D

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.