• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    But I wonder if the blueprints are going to be only the ones we win on the project board? Do you know what I mean? Because the blueprints we earn from other sources have no current cap on them, so I wonder how they would handle that? Maybe it's not based on that chart after all ... but I have no idea what else to refer to. :(

Okay, I'm totally lost, why are we winning blueprints??

Sorry. I get things confused when I try to explain something after I have my "special breaktime" ... :mrgreen:

1kApfwGm.jpg

Okay! Try me again!! I'm ready!!! Explain from the start!

If I knew what I was talking about, I could explain it. But I'm, like, totally making things up, so this is the best I can come up with:

In Act 1, after we got Ray Patterson, we could get a bonus "track" after earning a special number of blueprints. (3,000 for the first track, 4,000 for the second track and so forth.) One reason we were able to earn lots and lots of blueprints, was that we were no longer stopped from the Project Board "cap" ... because we had Ray. The cap had come off. But the majority of our bonus blueprints were made possible by being able to do endless Projects. Grinding for hours on end to make more metal and junk made it possible. (My final track cost me 11,000 blueprints.)

In Act 1, after winning Ray, we were, of course, still also able to earn blueprints by neighbor visits, possum squishing, etc -- but there is a built-in maximum for points from those (I can't get more than a certain number of possums in any 24 hour period, I can't get more than 90 neighbor actions when I do my visits, etc. The game has a built-in limit on all of that.)

THIS time -- with duct tape -- it seems we will NOT be able to do endless Projects after getting Uriah. I am assuming (?) that we will be stopped from doing Projects when we reach the "cap", just like everyone else. If I get Uriah on August 30th, then on August 31, September 1, 2 and 3, I will only be able to make as many Project Board rolls of duct tape as everyone else.

Then, once I maximize my neighbor points, collect my bonuses, squish my allotted number of possums, etc. -- I can't earn any more rolls of duct tape.

So this time, there is a pre-set maximum on how many bonus tracks I will be able to earn. I'm not capable of doing the math part, but I know that it will be mathematically impossible to reach 8 bonus tracks this time.

:(

I understand you now! Yeah, that's the way I see it going too, which is not nice. I've been saying for most of this event, if this fated Railyard that comes at the end of Act III does not work like the Squidport tiles long after this event ends, it's all been rather pointless, otherwise nobody will get enough tracks to get a good Monorail!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    bette3900 wrote:
    wadebear wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    You get Event Currency from Neighbour Interactions; 6 from the first 30 actions when you visit neighbours, and one more for each time a neighbour dumps trash on your buildings-that's the stink lines over buildings. You can tap the taxes on buildings without tapping the stink lines.
    Um, either you've mis-stated this or there's something wonky here. I'm getting Event Currency from the first 89 actions, which is 29 neighbors + 2 more taps. If you're only getting Currency from the fist 30 actions then one of us has an issue - and I'm seeing my numbers in both my games on both my devices.

Same here, I thought it was just me because sometimes my game crashes while visiting neighbors, and then I can visit and tap buildings again in the town I visited right before the crash.

I'm pretty sure AO meant 30 neighbors (which would be 90 actions) ... at least, it's supposed to be 90 actions ... that's what all the sites say. Not sure why you're getting 89. :(

I was just about to say the same thing (30 neighbours, 90 actions). But I think I'm seeing the same as wadebear and bette regarding only getting 89 actions - in the last neighbour town I get duct tape in I only seem to be getting two taps with duct tape and the third is just cash.

EDIT: you guessed it - autocorrect got me again

That does mean 90 actions, yes, and it's strange this has taken so long to come up. Anybody else not getting 90 friend taps?
  • dzboy15
    1 posts
    edited August 2015
    Does anyone know how to get more blueprints when the game has moved on to act two?

• Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    dzboy15 wrote:
    Does anyone know how to get more blueprints when the game has moved on to act two?
    The only way is to use donuts.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    dzboy15 wrote:

You don't get blueprints anymore, they were Act I currency, while Act II currency is Duct tape. If you are referring to getting any missed prizes from Act I, as it says on the front page, you have to spend donuts, just as brabsel said.
  • avtkrmn
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    bette3900 wrote:
    wadebear wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    You get Event Currency from Neighbour Interactions; 6 from the first 30 actions when you visit neighbours, and one more for each time a neighbour dumps trash on your buildings-that's the stink lines over buildings. You can tap the taxes on buildings without tapping the stink lines.
    Um, either you've mis-stated this or there's something wonky here. I'm getting Event Currency from the first 89 actions, which is 29 neighbors + 2 more taps. If you're only getting Currency from the fist 30 actions then one of us has an issue - and I'm seeing my numbers in both my games on both my devices.

Same here, I thought it was just me because sometimes my game crashes while visiting neighbors, and then I can visit and tap buildings again in the town I visited right before the crash.

I'm pretty sure AO meant 30 neighbors (which would be 90 actions) ... at least, it's supposed to be 90 actions ... that's what all the sites say. Not sure why you're getting 89. :(

I was just about to say the same thing (30 neighbours, 90 actions). But I think I'm seeing the same as wadebear and bette regarding only getting 89 actions - in the last neighbour town I get duct tape in I only seem to be getting two taps with duct tape and the third is just cash.

EDIT: you guessed it - autocorrect got me again

That does mean 90 actions, yes, and it's strange this has taken so long to come up. Anybody else not getting 90 friend taps?

I have only been getting 89 the who event. it has happened before and something i have just come to terms with might never be permanently fixed.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited August 2015
    avtkrmn wrote:
    <snip>

I have only been getting 89 the who event. it has happened before and something i have just come to terms with might never be permanently fixed.

Yep same here, the last neighbor only gets duct tape for 2 actions instead of all 3.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Stopped at 8,255 dts today :cry:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    In my RTTF town, blocked after a 4 day project board total of 38,654. So the 9500 theory continues to look right.

Edit 1: In my A-Town, blocked after 38,132 4 day total from the project board.

Edit 2: In my B-Town, blocked after 38,260 4 day total from the project board.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    petehd14 wrote:

You may have had a rollover built up from the past couple days. They are deducted from your cap for the day.

That is, if you had 9,499 yesterday just before you finished, then in theory your "cap" was only 1 duct tape away. But you were allowed to choose any available project on your board. So, you could have had a 1,242 dt project available, and done that one. Only 1 dt would have been applied to yesterday's cap and the other 1,241 would have rolled over to today, leaving an "available balance" of 8,255.

Those numbers are almost certainly wrong, but I think that's what probably happened to you. :?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    BUMP!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:

You may have had a rollover built up from the past couple days. They are deducted from your cap for the day.

That is, if you had 9,499 yesterday just before you finished, then in theory your "cap" was only 1 duct tape away. But you were allowed to choose any available project on your board. So, you could have had a 1,242 dt project available, and done that one. Only 1 dt would have been applied to yesterday's cap and the other 1,241 would have rolled over to today, leaving an "available balance" of 8,255.

Those numbers are almost certainly wrong, but I think that's what probably happened to you. :?

I still don't understand the crazy system. I'll try to keep count of what I get tomorrow. This prize track seems to be taking too long, even for ultra grinders like me.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:

I still don't understand the crazy system. I'll try to keep count of what I get tomorrow. This prize track seems to be taking too long, even for ultra grinders like me.

It is crazy. :)

There is a cap on the number of duct tape you can get from the project board (not counting the bonus). That cap is cumulative. You can exceed that cap on any given day with your last project turned in. After that you get the Sebastian Cobb needs a rest message.

The caps for Act 2 seem to be 9500, 19000, 28500, 38000, etc.

So for example, today I have turned in, over 4 days, projects adding to 38260 in my B-Town. The last project went over and I was then blocked. Tomorrow the cap will be 47500. The game will start counting with my 38260 from today.

Yesterday in this town I had a 3 day turn-in of 26,412; which was less than the 3-day cap of 28,500. Hence I was able to turn in more than 9500 today. I had bad luck on getting projects I needed and so characters went idle yesterday.

The easiest way to keep track of this is to write down every project you turn in, and keep a running total.

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The Gil update changed the cap values to reflect what we are experiencing according to LP
    jS1LqIhl.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Earning Duct Tape
    The following are ways to earn duct tape (for free):
    -Daily Play Bonus
    Provided you play daily everyone should get this at least twice. 10,000 in total
    -Projects Complete Bonus
    This changes from day to day please see the table on the first post
    -Projects
    For details on caps see the first post
    -Neighbour Visits
    You can earn 6 duct tape for your first 90 actions, so that's 540 a day
    -Visits from Neighbours
    Each time a neighbour taps one of your buildings you get stinklines on it, clearing stinklines rewards you 1 duct tape per building
    -Possums from Station
    Stations produce a minimum of 8 possums every four hours, one possum earns 10 duct tape. To increase your amount of possums place more tracks, every 12 tracks gets an extra possum added to the total that spawns every four hours

The following are extra ways of earning duct tape(for donuts):
    -Dumping Permit (60 donuts)
    Doubles the amount of duct tape earned per tap on neighbour visits (I.e.12 duct tape per tap) Giving you a total of 1080 duct tape
    -Little Lisa's Recycling Plant (200 donuts)
    Every 4 hours earns 350 duct tape
    -Krustys Drive Thru Station (150 donuts)
    Same as regular station above

I don't recommend getting any premiums just for there ability to earn duct tape as I will now show you it is possible for a freemium player to unlock all prizes with a bit of wiggle room also.
    And Now For The Maths
    This is for the whole lot of act 2, I would do a daily one but there is variables that change from day to day.

Daily play bonus (everyone will get atleast twice)- 10,000
    Projects complete bonus (this is the sum of all daily bonuses)- 19,800
    Project limits (The max amount you can earn from projects)- 133,000
    Neighbour visits (This figure is for all 90 actions done everyday)- 6,480
    Possums (This is the base amount collected 3 times a day)- 5,760
    Total=175,040

You only need 132,700 to earn the final prize, so that leaves you with an extra 42,340 to get bonus tracks, although you will earn more from stinklines, more possums, etc.

If ye have any questions or see any mistakes please tell me and I'll happily explain or correct it
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    How do you get a train with 6 carts? ... I have tried everything, but only get a 5-cart train.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    lee67628 wrote:
    How do you get a train with 6 carts? ... I have tried everything, but only get a 5-cart train.

Keep adding tracks to your station, you will get there eventually, I would check how many is needed but I can't get into the game.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    lee67628 wrote:

Keep adding tracks to your station, you will get there eventually, I would check how many is needed but I can't get into the game.

It's 28 tracks for me, can anyone else confirm?
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    lee67628 wrote:

It's 28 tracks for me, can anyone else confirm?

Seems to be 30 for me, loop around one station. Mixture of straight, short and curved. Not counting the three across the station itself.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Earning Duct Tape
    This is for the whole lot of act 2, I would do a daily one but there is variables that change from day to day.

I keep a basic daily running total, it is easier to see that you're on target for the prizes. This is based on 9500 project board cap then increases in the last few days (according to the chart from LPNintendo), two bonus boxes averaged, daily challenge added on each day, 600 from possums. No neighbours or premium buildings. Should unlock final prize easily by Tues 1st, in practice probably Mon eve.

2j14swy.png

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.