EA Forums - Banner

Stoopid Event!

2Next

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2015
    miiszade wrote:
    Not a fan of SH. I love the extra space and the ability to separate my high class area but the crafting is too much. Who really has the time to check a game every two minutes?? I really hate the crafting trend that has taken over Tapped Out and long for the simpler days of simply collecting currency and getting prizes. Sometimes its just too freaking complicated and it makes me not even want to bother with the game. I'm a generally busy person and this game is supposed to be leisure.

Loving the monorail event though. Probably because I just love the idea of having a monorail in my town.

I think what NO ONE seems to get is that SH was not meant to be completed in a week. This is a permanent expansion. Does ANYONE remember Krustyland? Krustyland was not built in a day either. That was basically like starting a second Springfield. Limited characters, limiting currency, etc. This SH is the same deal. It was not meant to hit 1 billion the first week. It was meant to take months to do - just like Krustyland when it launched. Just like Squidport when it launched. It's a timed expansion to give reason to play the game. As with Krustyland, you got more currency if you used the 1 hour jobs. Same thing with SH, if you can play grinding out the currency for a few hours - you make faster progress. In the end, everyone will reach a billion. The matter is how quickly you get there. The more effort, the faster it goes. But just playing daily (like once a day) you will get there, just a lot longer than someone playing hours at a time. Same with Springfield, same with Squidport, same with Krustyland. The more often you play, the faster the progress is made.
  • navinr1986
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    TBF I may have been a little bit too quick to judge the monorail event, the 2nd tier is growing on me and the fact we get more rails is making me a little bit happier. Plus I recently found Jesse task protesting Krusty burger.

Still not to fussed on the grinding stoooooopidness that is SH, I think if it was set up using normal currency instead of crafting I may have taken to is a bit more.

The only plus side is the bonus to XP, it's the only reason I haven't stored all the buildings.
  • SlitherWhisp
    174 posts
    edited August 2015
    still prefer monorail to Clash of Clones.
  • HappyGamer73
    2406 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    navinr1986 wrote:
    The only plus side is the bonus to XP, it's the only reason I haven't stored all the buildings.

Well, that and the fact that you can't store most of the SH buildings right now. :lol: :?
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Except for all the bugs, glitch's, and other associated problems I've had with the Monorail event, I love it. Now, if we could only get some high speed taxi's that can actually fly around town on the laid out streets, crashing into each other, running down the town folk, and an array of other things, would be fun, and maybe an event, or buses, or a real airport with planes taking off and landing, or the military with battle ships and carriers, and PT boats that can maneuver canals that we place, might be fun. The events can be endless. As for this game, I couldn't stand it a couple days after I downloaded it, but then, decided to wait a few more days to see if there was more to it. I can't stand complexities, trying to figure out multitudes of crap, and not really knowing my way around a game like this. That was back in 2012, and regardless of how some players feel about this being boring to them, there are hundreds to take their places, that, like me, absolutely love The Simpson's Tapped Out.

Now you know the rest of the story. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin', and as Curly used to say, Moe, Larry, cheese!
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I rather like the laid back nature of Monorail. For once something that not only doesn't require grinding, but where grinding doesn't even help you much.

My only possible issue (besides glitches) is that I may not get enough tracks to do what I want with my town. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to buy whatever we want by the end of the event or even better, after it's ended. As long as we can, I've got no complaints.
  • johncolombo
    11567 posts Senior Moderator
    edited August 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    miiszade wrote:
    Not a fan of SH. I love the extra space and the ability to separate my high class area but the crafting is too much. Who really has the time to check a game every two minutes?? I really hate the crafting trend that has taken over Tapped Out and long for the simpler days of simply collecting currency and getting prizes. Sometimes its just too freaking complicated and it makes me not even want to bother with the game. I'm a generally busy person and this game is supposed to be leisure.

Loving the monorail event though. Probably because I just love the idea of having a monorail in my town.

I think what NO ONE seems to get is that SH was not meant to be completed in a week. This is a permanent expansion. Does ANYONE remember Krustyland? Krustyland was not built in a day either. That was basically like starting a second Springfield. Limited characters, limiting currency, etc. This SH is the same deal. It was not meant to hit 1 billion the first week. It was meant to take months to do - just like Krustyland when it launched. Just like Squidport when it launched. It's a timed expansion to give reason to play the game. As with Krustyland, you got more currency if you used the 1 hour jobs. Same thing with SH, if you can play grinding out the currency for a few hours - you make faster progress. In the end, everyone will reach a billion. The matter is how quickly you get there. The more effort, the faster it goes. But just playing daily (like once a day) you will get there, just a lot longer than someone playing hours at a time. Same with Springfield, same with Squidport, same with Krustyland. The more often you play, the faster the progress is made.

I finished Springfield heights including upgrading all the buildings already. KL took way longer.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MonorailMadness
    253 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The monorail has the potential to be the best update ever, that's if they allow us to buy more tracks later on.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited August 2015
    Technically SH was not an event more of land expansion project.. Many asked for more land and we got it
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm in the complete opposite, I love both Springfield Heighs and the Monorail event. There's so much more to do now that I'm suprised to still reach the cap every day, and at the same time farm resources in SH. Maybe the Monorail event could've been better, but as far as the actual monorail goes, which is what I've always wanted, I'm not dissapointed. Its only a small event compared to the others, which is fine considering SH just came out and people still want to do that aswell.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited August 2015
    Got as far as the Ziff mansion in SH and I've stopped. I've seen the last prize in a neighbours town and it's not worth the effort. Stupidly small. Only completionists could possibly think it worth the effort. I'm waiting for the chance to store all the monstrous SH buildings and then I'm spreading my town out over the extra land. Nice large parks for the mansions and an upmarket road for the nice stores and restaurants.

The monorail is OK but all the crafting is a little wearisome. In the end reality hasn't met expectations IMO.

The extra land is the best part of both events.
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I stopped playing this game about two years ago but the Monorail update has brought me back because I love the Monorail episode. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed though. I think it's unfair that you're forced to move on with everyone else as opposed to exchange duct tape for the act one items.

Personally, I'd rather the events were done how they were when I last played: everybody goes at their own pace unlocking what's available to unlock and there's a separate community prizes section where everybody wins the same prize at the same time once the right global amount of whatever-it-is has been reached.

As for Springfield Heights, I like it. Something a little different for a change.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The last prize isn't the Billionaire Haven. :oops: It's another character.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have no serious complaints about either of the events, I just wish they wouldn't keep releasing them so close together! I feel like ever since the Superheros Event, it's BAM BAM BAM one event after another. I need time to work on my Springfield, people!! I don't even have The Fortress of Choclitude, Zirconia, or Sit-N-Rotate yet, because I have to keep using characters for event tasks, and using cash to buy land to fit all the new buildings!
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.