EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Finally 3 of them popped up! None dropped what I need, but still.

I would send a message to TinyCo to let them know how long you went without any spawning. They might throw you some free clams or something as an apology?

They might not of course, but at least you'd be reporting what could be a glitch.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The hostel is 4000 glowsticks and Alice Cooper needs 700.
    Oh, okay, that's right, then. I should have watched more carefully when I was accepting giving up the glowsticks. I guess I just figured that glowsticks wouldn't be an issue because I had so many.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Got Rapper Brian with 10 hours to spare. I was spamming the ever-loving * out of that one.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Got Rapper Brian with 10 hours to spare. I was spamming the ever-loving * out of that one.

Nice one! :)

I just need 7 more Leopard Skin Boots to unlock Alice Cooper.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just need 6 boots for Alice. Not even started on the other guy still short about 200 glowsticks to make his building.
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited August 2015
    How are you guys getting those boots so quickly? I'm jealous :P
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    platt222 wrote:
    Just need 6 boots for Alice. Not even started on the other guy still short about 200 glowsticks to make his building.
    Yeah, I'm just down to the boots (or will be in about an hour or so). Sounds like you got some lucky drops on the boots, they are rare. I unlocked Belgard earlier today, and finally have him leveled up to do his boot task (because of course just unlocking him wouldn't be enough).
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I unlocked Belgard a few hours ago. Working on getting him to level 2 now so I can start farming him for boots.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    I decided to give in waiting and spent 108 clams to unlock Alice Cooper - i had already decided that anyway when he was first released that i was going to get it down to 100 clams and then just unlock him that way. Love the best of Alice Cooper album - 'Poison' is still one of my favourite tracks, love that intro to it, just awesome :)

I also decided to use some clams because i had really dropped down the leaderboard while waiting - one concert later and i'm back on track, about 40 behind the leader. As soon as i get those last three tickets i can do another show once i get that last item i need, which is the flaming clam deco. Not going to be easy - i might set aside another 100 clams to catch up with the leader - i want that Peter costume, so funny

I still hate the leaderboard as it is still full of cheats - within an hour of it's launch one person on a leaderboard was up top with over 100 blammy awards - but i will admit TinyCo are trying to get rid of these hackers and cheats. Interesting that they have split it down to 30 players per leaderboard and not everyone at once this time - but i still hate it.

I'm up to date with all the main quests, side quests progressing nicely ready for Thursday night's phase 4 release

Still trying to get those two flutes to unlock new brian - then that's district 11 out of the way

my town is bare - just what i need out for items.

As for the foreign dudes - well, it was only a matter of time before a character was added to the premium box. Had the prizes been better, i might have had a go - but TinyCo still filling them with rubbish not worth paying 100 clams for. The other one at 4000 neon wristbands, he can wait, hell, i might even just ignore him unless it comes to a point he is needed

• L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Pnly need boots for Alice
    Struggling to earn glow sticks though so I won't get belgard as I know next weeks character will need them ad I have a feeling it will be deadmau5 who I really want
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    For once, an event that I'm not too keen about. I hardly check the game anymore, which is good, since I'm on a 2-week vacation. :lol:
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I decided to drop a few clams on some mystery boxes. Got the speaker tower, 125 clams, lava lamp, hot chocolate van and lastly...

xdcb4j.png

Tomik! Should help speed up getting Alice Cooper. I spent more clams than I intended to, and I definitely don't plan on making mystery box buying a habit (too much like gambling and too expensive), but I'm happy I got the character.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited August 2015
    I really don't care about Cooper. Trying to get glow sticks for the 4K guy.About 2K away.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    Two stars...

that's right, two stars away from 30 blammies... Grrr :evil: :evil:

Only got 15 this time. Peeved off now, time to sink some clams into the game and try again. Got to get up that leaderboard, still about 60 behind and overnight that will definately increase to 100 at this guys rate.

Did not expect this to bring out my competative nature to win at all costs, this is bad, very bad, but i want that costume for Peter

Something tells me if Stewie's costume isn't unlockabl;e as part of the merch stand, it's either going to be a premium box prize, or a leaderboard prize, and dammit, i want that cozzie too, two of my fave moments in FG
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    1z22c69.png

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    Whoever this player is at number 1 on my leaderboard must be spending clams more than i am... It's grinding my gears because as soon as i catch up with them, overnight they shoot back up to either a 40-60 (or more) blammy lead again.

Still, going to blast out another couple of hundred clams today to get ahead of this guy/girl

It's war, and i want to win that costume for Peter on Thursday night :evil:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    1z22c69.png

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!

The only free character i did not mind dropping 100 clams (when it got to that amount) for to get... Alice Cooper is cool

And absolutely...

2d8kyrp.gif
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I can get into the top ten (to get clams) if I get one boot to drop in the morning from either Peter or Belgard and do a concert. This really sucked that it was so hard to get Alice Cooper and you needed him to get concerts going to get significant Blammies. It rewarded players who weren't on the next stage yet, so they could do concerts. I don't mind being outspent by clammers (well, I do mind it, but I get it), but when someone has an advantage over me because I've progressed farther than them feels like I got a really raw deal.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    I can get into the top ten (to get clams) if I get one boot to drop in the morning from either Peter or Belgard and do a concert. This really sucked that it was so hard to get Alice Cooper and you needed him to get concerts going to get significant Blammies. It rewarded players who weren't on the next stage yet, so they could do concerts. I don't mind being outspent by clammers (well, I do mind it, but I get it), but when someone has an advantage over me because I've progressed farther than them feels like I got a really raw deal.

I've made no secret that i've spend about 500 clams on this leaderboard to get ahead of a possible cheat - then again, they may just be doing the same as me, no way of knowing, but this person was over 150 blammies ahead of me in a day, which just didn't sit right with me, so i went for it. I regret it, but i don't regret it. I have some clams left in reserve for tonight just incase. I might only get two shots at a concert to try and get ahead if i fall behind. I just don't know. Brought out the worst in me gaming wise this leaderboard

So what can TinyCo do to make the leaderboards fair?

Well, i've thought long and hard about this these last couple of day and i believe i have found a solution, however, my solution would hit TinyCo in the pocket, but i'm gonna tell you anyway

When the leaderboard phase of the event starts, the first thing to do is release a character with a building that relates to the event. Unlock that character and the building becomes usable for the event. Based on this one, any characters that are needed on tasks to unlock the main concert and then the encores, ALL go to that building. To make it a level playing field for freemium players, using that building, NO CLAMS CAN BE USED TO SPEED UP TASKS, and of course, all tasks are the same duration (i.e, 10hrs each for all 4 tasks) . This would mean that you cannoy buy your way to the top of the leaderboard after you unlock the character and building, and it woudl be much much easier for TinyCo to seek out the cheats

So, lets say as an example:

1 - Purchase the VIP motorhome with key character
    2 - Unlock the key character to the stage of the event (clams to unlock are allowed for this bit)
    3 - Send Peter, Meg, Alice and Brian on a 8-12hr task to unlock first concert (Clams CANNOT be used on this part)
    4 - Start concert, collect 100 stars (rewards 250 wristbands, 3 tickets and 30 Blammies)
    5 - Send Peter, Avril, Joe and Snoop on a 8-12hr task to unlock encore concert (Clams CANNOT be used on this part)
    6 - Do encore concert, collect 120 stars (rewards 250 wristbands, 3 tickets and 20 Blammies)

repeat stages 5 and 6 collecting rewards to climb up the leaderboard

By setting it up this way, removing the use of clams to speed up the tasks required to unlock the main concert and encore concerts, the playing field is leveled out, freemium players would now have a better chance against other premium players in the leaderboard, and, because using clams isn't allowed, those that are cheating, should be much easier to seek out and ban form the game. The key thing of my idea is the level playing field on leaderboards.

Well, that's my idea of how the leaderboards should work out - TinyCo have got a partly right with stripping it down to boards of 30 players, but more can be done to make it fair, i think my idea is best, but some premium players would disagree strongly, but i am trying to be fair to freemium players even though i myself am a premium player
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    The big flaws in the leader board this time were letting people still on previous stages take part. As someone mentioned earlier it actually favors those who are behind and can still do concerts. In theory it should of evened out as those behind caught up and those who were ahead unlocked Alice but they also changed the drops part way through so that fans generated during the concerts didn't drop Blammies.

Going off my leader board the person at the top within the first couple of days had around 150 but since then has only moved another 30 or so meaning they were probably behind using stage 2 concerts. Now I have been slowly catching them up but because I can at most earn 20 Blammies per encore and not benefit from drops from concert fans I'm not going to catch him. At best I'll be 30 behind if they earn no more.

It would of worked much better if you could only gain Blammies from Alice concerts (maybe Snoop if they want to give premium players an edge) let those who are behind earn a few from Toads and Bee Fans but stop them using the other concerts to gain an unfair advantage.

I wonder how many people will hold off completing next weeks questline in the hopes of getting the same advantage the week after for the second leaderboard.