EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    From social media, it seems this event has flopped, lots of players just not interested in it, and we are only on the beginnings of phase 4 tonight. What are your thoughts? Is it as bad as people are saying?

Truth is, it started well, then it went downhill, yes, i've pumped a lot of clams into it, but here and now, it's poor, generally, very very poor compared to past events
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    To an extent yeah , I barely tap the toads and the fans but then again it isn't horrible
    The problem is that Halloween etc were very good so it seems a step back, it is much more like the older events
    And I've had zero weekly challenges at all which I don't understand
    Saying that I like the celebrities, even if theyre not my personal taste for music we do get free codes for albums, and they're varied. Can't wait for Deadmau5 and his album+any surprises they may still have
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    DEADMAU5!
    But so expensive,more than snoop dogg- I never even realised he was so popular, lots of people haven't heard of the guy and they're giving him that price.
    Still, may work out cheaper than buying his album so I will still likely pick him up.
    Tinyco really need to stop milking the fanbase, this happened in their last game and it showed, people stopped bothering with it
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I had never heard of Deadmau5 before this event, and I'm still not clear on who he is really, other than a singer with a weird red mickey mouse head...

I bought him, but I almost immediately had buyers remorse. 350 clams is a rip off! Should have been 250 max! :(
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    I had never heard of Deadmau5 before this event, and I'm still not clear on who he is really, other than a singer with a weird red mickey mouse head...

I bought him, but I almost immediately had buyers remorse. 350 clams is a rip off! Should have been 250 max! :(

I said from day one of the characters announced that Deadmou5 is a character/celeb i don't want. Never heard of him, not interested. Something told me he was going to be clams, and a lot more expensive too. The only reason i bought Snoop is because sometimes my nephew uses my tablet, and he likes Snoop's tunes so i bought him just for that so he can listen to his tunes while doing his homework after school.

Alice Cooper was the only character that got my attention. I would have paid 350 clams for him for sure if he was premium.

My predictions for the current celebs we know about that are still to arrive in Quahog

Rick Astley - free
    Wierd Al - clams (guessing at the going rate, your looking at 500 clams, i'm talking Bryan Cranston costs here)
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    A pass on all premium celebs for me this event. :lol: Only reason I'm playing this event is hoping to add greased up deaf guy in my town. And he better be free as well. :lol:
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015

He's more of a producer/DJ, house music etc
    It's definitely something that your average adult hasn't heard of which is why I was in such shock at th price, obviously it'll cost Tinyco a lot to get this guy but there's no way most people will buy him, especially at 350 clams,
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2015
    I'm holidaying in Japan so haven't had a chance to do much after the first week. Just got a quest about rick astley
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else having trouble getting connected right now? I keep getting an unable to connect to server message, on both my iphone and ipad, using both 3G and Wi-Fi.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Anyone else having trouble getting connected right now? I keep getting an unable to connect to server message, on both my iphone and ipad, using both 3G and Wi-Fi.
    me too!! There servers are down at the moment

It's back!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I just need 4 more headphones to unlock Carl. Kinda weird they added an actual player to the game. I mean its kinda cool at the same time, but I think it should have been its own separate mini event instead of part of this one.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Nice of Tinyco to lock Carl behind progression when Alice coopers boots won't drop
    And nice of Tinyco to tell us that Deadmau5's free album is only available if you are from the USA and Canada, glad I didn't buy him as he is far too iverpriced even as a fan
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I really REALLY wish I hadn't bought Deadma5. I promised myself I wouldn't spend clams on characters I didn't really have any interest in, and I did it anyway...

I absolutely refuse to spend on Rick Astley if he's premium. I do want Weird Al though...
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Spoiler:

Going into a friends town you can tap on items and see their names. All the chairs have names from celebrities.

Rick astleymis going to be free aswell as weird al.

Also anyone got any tips on how to get more currency? I'm currently at 2900. I need 2500 for Carl, 2000+ for other decos and stuff.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    66gt8y.png

Carl unlocked. Still need a lot of items to unlock DJ Herbert though.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Unlocked Carl last night and just did his first concert after finally saving enough glowsitcks to get the mudpit. That's given me all the lighters I need for Herbert so just 12 Magazines and 9 LPs to go. LPs are going to be the tough one as my game only seems to spawn 1 Gold Bear every 8 hours and I have no intention of buying Deadmau5.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2015
    I actually did something on Saturday that i never thought i'd do. I downed my tablet and said enough is enough. This event started well, but TinyCo's greedy ways came back and bit them on the proverbial backside with players. Lots of unhappy people at the moment. So, i said, enoguh is enough. Not playing this event anymore. No more money for clams, nothing. Games should not be stressful, games should be fun, enjoyable and relaxing. FGQFS no longer falls into those last three categories. So, what did i do after i stoppe dplaying the event?

Well, i downloaded another EA game, SimCity BuildIt

Yes, some items are premium in that game, but i won't be doing that, i started playing this because i was curious. I deleted it because it was purely a test on my old phone to see what it was like

Re-downloaded it on Saturday to my tablet. Have been happily playing it since. No pressure, just fun building a city. Take my time, progress as i go along.

Will i return to FGQFS?

The answer is yes, i probably will, but just not during this event. Besides, Alice Cooper was really the only character i want - lets face it, we all know Weird Al will be for clams, or possibly Rick Astley, who knows. GUDG may become a character, so what i might do is just progress through the main questline each week to be safe (because GUDG is a character i really want)

But you know what?

I suspect GUDG will be premium like Consuela
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    im still unlocking Alice cooper, not even trying at all I nuked my town weeks ago don't have it in me to redesign with all those useless buildings
    Ever since the mobsters event this game turned me off I just play it to get characters based on the show
    I can guarantee I won't be getting clams anymore
    tsto will always be my number 1
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I quit TQFS a while ago and never looked back. The game was working perfectly fine for me up until the Firefighter event. The crashing and lagging was so bad, I couldn't even get past the first quest. I was frustrated, so I deleted the game immediately. I did return briefly to get the cow, but that's about it.

I didn't bother to participate in the Mobster event because the lag came back with a vengeance and the theme just didn't interest me. It didn't help that TinyCo introduced the idiotic leaderboard system, which drew me away even further from the game. I logged in once more to try to get Stewie's mutant puppies and guess what? It crashed again. From what I've heard, this new event is not worth fussing over either.

I missed out on a lot of premium and limited time characters because of these stupid crashes, but, honestly, I just don't care anymore (It's less money to worry about spending). I hate having to store all my buildings and decorations to make things playable. If TinyCo does fix this issue maybe I'll return, but it's not
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Haven't quit the game....yet, although I'm waaaaay behind this event-- still trying to unlock Alice Cooper. I haven't bought clams this event either. I've been on vacation and just logging on the game whenever I get the chance. Too much content and lack land-- as always. :lol: Enjoying the occasional jokes in the game though. Looking forward to Weird Al coming to Quahog.