EA Forums - Banner

Is the Monorail event a hard or easy event?

Prev1
Its WAY easy. You couldnt ask for an easier event.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, I reckon it's pretty easy, even with the limitations to handing in projects
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited September 2015
    It's hard to unlock track/station parts, but gameplay is easy.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited September 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    When I log in in the morning I do my project board list which takes at the most 3 hours if i need more bottles.

No all of us can spare 3 hours in the morning to play.

If you can spare 10-20 minutes at a time 2 times during the day and maybe an hour in the evening, it's much more difficult. For those of us with a job and a life, that's pretty much the limit.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    When I log in in the morning I do my project board list which takes at the most 3 hours if i need more bottles.

No all of us can spare 3 hours in the morning to play.

If you can spare 10-20 minutes at a time 2 times during the day and maybe an hour in the evening, it's much more difficult. For those of us with a job and a life, that's pretty much the limit.

I am not playing 3 hours constantly. The three hours is how long it takes to make more glass.
  • rcb918417
    39 posts
    edited September 2015
    The event itself is easy. I got nervous because I was beginning college, and wouldn't have much time. I just completed Act 2's Prize Track this morning, and that's with heavily reduced gameplay this past week and a half. I check in for a few minutes multiple Easy as can be.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    After seeing spAnser's early notification email regarding the Monorail event, the 2 pointy things on my chest became so HARD, I felt confident enough to place an international call using one of my pointy things on this phone

payphoneclosed.jpg

Otherwise, the event is EASY.

*** I believe the medical term for chest pointy thing is censored. Maybe. ***
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    for me it's been hard because of all the crashing every time something comes up to collect (and thats every 30 sec for trash). Just about anything will make my game crash neighbours visiting me, jobs completing, buildings ready to collect and sometimes for no obvious reason.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I find myself playing the game less this event than I would during an off time.

Way too easy..
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    On Sunday I had over 18,000 duct tapes to get Uriah Heap. I thought, 'ok that should take about 2 days no biggie' The next day (yesterday) I did over 18,000 duct tapes and blew right through the goal. I don't even know what I'm doing special. I play often but I'm not grinding by any stretch. So yes, very easy.
    And I'm ok with that!
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6358 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I'm just glad there's no crafting element. I hope it never returns to any event ever again.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm just glad there's no crafting element. I hope it never returns to any event ever again.

4i5EK.gif

So glad there was no crafting!! It has made the event so much more enjoyable :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6358 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    It sure has Neo. It was a relief not having to craft prizes.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It sure has Neo. It was a relief not having to craft prizes.

Damn Right bro! :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    As my daughter would say, "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy."
  • blackgryphon9999
    685 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Certain aspects are easy; others are hard. In particular, it's been very hard to get enough straight track. I need about 100 more pieces...
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Depends on definitions, and even then it is relative.

I'm doing the event in 3 towns. I'll get the prizes in all of them. In two towns I have no premium characters that can work the event, and spent no donuts on event items. In my A-Town I bought Jesse, Utter, and have Brandine; so my A-town is much easier. Because I'm playing RTTF, and I really want to see if I can "finish" by 1-Jan, I play constantly. In my RTTF town at least every hour, and usually more. So I take time every hour to get into my A and B Towns to collect resources, turn in projects, and reassign event characters.

In my RTTF town I'm doing SQP, SH, KL, SF, and the event. Priority goes to SF. Currently doing quests from levels 33 to 43. I have 18 tasks in the task book.

But this is probably not as hard as one of our RTTF competitors who is doing 6 towns!

And then there was Annette who was once doing 11 towns.
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited September 2015

I'm doing the event in 3 towns. I'll get the prizes in all of them. In two towns I have no premium characters that can work the event, and spent no donuts on event items. In my A-Town I bought Jesse, Utter, and have Brandine; so my A-town is much easier. Because I'm playing RTTF, and I really want to see if I can "finish" by 1-Jan, I play constantly. In my RTTF town at least every hour, and usually more. So I take time every hour to get into my A and B Towns to collect resources, turn in projects, and reassign event characters.

In my RTTF town I'm doing SQP, SH, KL, SF, and the event. Priority goes to SF. Currently doing quests from levels 33 to 43. I have 18 tasks in the task book.

But this is probably not as hard as one of our RTTF competitors who is doing 6 towns!

Yeah.. But you all choose to put yourself though that. (nothing wrong with that)

For just one or two towns this is an easy event that takes very little effort for the reward.
  • devilhunt1449
    3737 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Certainly one of the easiest events we've had recently, I've generally hit the limit in around 2 to 3 hours then just pop on a couple of times to build my stock up for the next day.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015

Yeah.. But you all choose to put yourself though that. (nothing wrong with that)

For just one or two towns this is an easy event that takes very little effort for the reward.

Right. I was trying to put enough info so someone can make a comparison. And to point out it is relative. When people say it is easy or hard without any information about what premiums they have or how often they play I find it less easy to compare.

As another data point, my wife only plays every 2-3 hours for 12 hrs. She has no premiums for the event and no donuts spent. She got the Act II prize this morning.

I find this the easiest event since I started play Xmas 2013. Easiest in time spent. Super easy in terms of strategy.
  • shanemadrid
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2015

How the frack can anybody keep track of 11 towns???? I had 2 at one point and never played my secondary town so I left it dormant. My one and only town gives me more than enough enjoyment/stress so how anybody could manage 11 is beyond me. Each to their own I guess
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.