EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    313lv06.png

That's another week's content done and dusted. Next! :)
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Congrats I'm still 5 LPs short. Did you buy Deadmau5 or did you manage to get them all through Bears?
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:
    Congrats I'm still 5 LPs short. Did you buy Deadmau5 or did you manage to get them all through Bears?

Yeah I did buy him, though I'm still kicking myself for paying 350 clams.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Don't know if it's from luck or that it's easier than normal, but this 24 hour fan challenge, I'm actually going to be able to complete.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited September 2015
    I just unlocked Alice Cooper. Not buying any premium people. Still working on the guy at the hostel. So far behind on this event. I am not stressed about it. Since this is a meh event for me. I am glad I finally made it past Alice Cooper, just not one of my music tastes.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Well what should of been an easy weekly challenge is 27 minutes away from becoming impossible. I still nee 2 more Toad Users and it's over 7 hours since the last one spawned :(
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:
    Well what should of been an easy weekly challenge is 27 minutes away from becoming impossible. I still nee 2 more Toad Users and it's over 7 hours since the last one spawned :(

Was curious, i popped into my game to try this... can't do it. There is not enough bears and bee girls spawning to complete it, and i'm not adding more clams for chance of completing it. This event, apart fomr Alice Cooper and the free album, is crap, utter garbage
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I just unlocked Alice Cooper. Not buying any premium people. Still working on the guy at the hostel. So far behind on this event. I am not stressed about it. Since this is a meh event for me. I am glad I finally made it past Alice Cooper, just not one of my music tastes.

Me neither. Bring on Weird Al! :lol:
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:

Yeah I did buy him, though I'm still kicking myself for paying 350 clams.

Let me know what you think of his new album. Would have bought him if Apple players get the album free as well.

• SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ^ I'm at Apple player as well. No album for me :(
    platt222 wrote:

I would contact TinyCo and report them not spawning. It's not fair if you have no way to complete it.

I managed to complete my challenge with 4 hours to spare. Could have probably finished sooner if not for work.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I contacted them a few times and got no response.

In the end I had the third one spawn with just over 5 hours to go and then about 20 minutes later another 3 spawn so I was able to complete although I had to spend 8 clams in the process. I've asked them to refund the clams since it was their fault but I'm holding out no hope on that one.

Seems I was relatively lucky overall though looking on Addicts and Facebook a lot of people never had whatever they were waiting for spawn so they couldn't complete it no matter how many clams they were willing to spend.

Crazy really that a challenge that could of been completed in 13 hours without clams or at most 17 if you had no-one hired was made impossible for so many because once again TC didn't plan out the timings of something on their end.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:

In the end I had the third one spawn with just over 5 hours to go and then about 20 minutes later another 3 spawn so I was able to complete although I had to spend 8 clams in the process. I've asked them to refund the clams since it was their fault but I'm holding out no hope on that one.

Seems I was relatively lucky overall though looking on Addicts and Facebook a lot of people never had whatever they were waiting for spawn so they couldn't complete it no matter how many clams they were willing to spend.

Crazy really that a challenge that could of been completed in 13 hours without clams or at most 17 if you had no-one hired was made impossible for so many because once again TC didn't plan out the timings of something on their end.

I stopped doing the weekly challenges since the mobsters event as TinyCo seems to make them impossible unless using clams. Plus most of those prizes end up in storage anyway after the event. :lol:
  • glennsoe
    184 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    when does the NeXT Challenge start ?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited September 2015
    I thought I saw on FB they pushed it back to 9/10
  • pichu2727
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Hey! Has anyone had an error on FGQFS that is "invalid wallet data error"? It makes it so I cannot access the game at all on that device. Been trying to get it fixed with tinyco for about a year with no luck. Was barely playing on my phone, through crash after crash instead, but mobsters became so unweildly the phone can't support. Would love to play on iPad air (where error is) if I could resolve the error. Tried to uninstall a bunch of times. Think Apple keeps the copy so you can never truly wipe it. I appreciate any help at all. :)
    Please PM first.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    DJ Herbert is finally mine. Should just have time to finish the main questline before the update hits.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:

I stopped doing the weekly challenges since the mobsters event as TinyCo seems to make them impossible unless using clams. Plus most of those prizes end up in storage anyway after the event. :lol:
    I haven't had a weekly challenge than the event before mobsters, which Is confusing as I'm not miles behind, in this in pretty much up to date
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    platt222 wrote:

I haven't had a weekly challenge than the event before mobsters, which Is confusing as I'm not miles behind, in this in pretty much up to date

Once you unlock Alice Cooper, the weekly challenge should show up, if I'm not mistaken. If not, message TinyCo.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    i just deleted my FGQFS game. Unlike TSTO, I played Family Guy as a freemium player and they make sure that you can't accomplish quests or events without spending real $. It just got too frustrating. I have played since day one and had so many things in storage because there wasn't any room to put them. Done, I am done.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    shawn59736 wrote:
    i just deleted my FGQFS game. Unlike TSTO, I played Family Guy as a freemium player and they make sure that you can't accomplish quests or events without spending real $. It just got too frustrating. I have played since day one and had so many things in storage because there wasn't any room to put them. Done, I am done.

Unless you're a completist, even as a freemium player, you can get a bunch of stuff from the events. The voiced characters alone are a plus-- I unlocked Alice Cooper and Avril Lavigne without spending clams. 8)