Replies

• cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    lets hope EA pulls thru on this
  • 74hands
    449 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yep, thanks to preparation I've hit 16491 and unlocked the first two levels in less than 5 hours, but nothing more today (unless today is 5,000 day?).

So pleased we'll be able to do more monorail tracks, I'm going to do a complete loop of my SF when it's all done. Track already runs the length of the shore.
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Unfortunately I used donuts to speed up the Railyard track piece collection... it was a complete waste as it only seems to be giving me the pieces I don't need (curved, squiggly, and short pieces), not the straight pieces I actually need.

This is extremely frustrating.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    tumblr_inline_nrpqg6TBc61tx79n9_500.gif
  • robynou
    147 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    empathy77 wrote:
    tumblr_inline_nrpqg6TBc61tx79n9_500.gif

+1 just trying not to let my coworkers see me dancing at my cubicle. shhhhh.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    chrisgyo wrote:
    awesome :D

so I've been slaving away for bonus track pieces for nothing :lol:

No not nothing you're just going to have your monorail built before 2025
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Nice! :mrgreen: I thought that would be the case! :D
  • LPNintendoITA
    11645 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    nedimaz wrote:
    So is this the mechanism:

After you unlock Rail Yard, it stays as a permanent addition in Springfield. You'll still be able to collect garbage and recycle metal, plastic and glass, and you'll use those materials to finish project in rail yard in order to collect blueprints.

Now, the prize system is as follows: each day you'll have cap for blueprints, it rises each day for 5 consecutive days, and if you manage to hit the cap each day you' be rewarded with one or more monorail track pieces. Fifth day you also get 5 donuts.

Daily caps are: 5k, 15k, 30k, 50k, 70k.

Did I get this right so far?

Now what we don't know is this (and if someone has the answers, please share with us:
    - are those numbers for each day, or are they cumulative? (e.g. if they are cumulative, the real daily numbers are 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k, 20k) - I'll go with guessing and say it is cumulative, as 20k is already big number, and 70k daily is probably not possible to achieve - or very very hard to achieve
    - is it possible to overflow blueprints to next day (probably, if we are talking about cumulative amounts, first day you finish with 5400, so next day you have only 9600 till you hit the cap)
    - in thread "Monorail: Prizes (CONTAINS SPOILERS)", first post, screenshot suggest that award reset is weekly, not each five days. Is that how it works?
    - is there some hard limit on number of tracks, like number of planks for Squidport? (I'll again guess probably yes)
    - wow, 5 donuts each week (or five days). really?

If someone knows details, please post here. Thanks.
    1) cumulative. you can get them all in 1 day
    2) -
    3) it resets every tuesday
    4) nope
    5) yep but remember you've to set the characters all days to get the materials

though i wonder if we're collecting blueprints on the rail yard, may those that didn't collect enough on act 1 get the prizes from them adding up too?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    A building that makes donuts. Another long requested feature being added to the game. Gotta hand it to EA on this one. Its been a strong yr for TSTO
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited September 2015
    Does anyone know if there is a cap on total track pieces allowed like the Boardwalk Tiles?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11645 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ...i just wrote it above. there's none
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    A building that makes donuts. Another long requested feature being added to the game. Gotta hand it to EA on this one. Its been a strong yr for TSTO

Don't want to Jinx it but yeah this blows 2014 out of the water.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yup, yup, yup!!

This is awesome news - well done EA!
  • Razor049
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    WOW, It has been a good year and we still have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas.
    My town 5/13/20: https://i.imgur.com/GHOIICG.jpg. I accept most neighbor requests.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This is really great news for my RTTF town! The contest doesn't allow us to buy doughnuts, we have to earn them. I am soooo happy to have a reliable source for free doughnuts! Now off I go to grind away at my game!
  • WILL-P-1998
    205 posts
    edited September 2015
    This is brilliant but could be the only item I may not win. The last prize needs 150,000 which is the most so far. I may not get it as I'm back at school which could lead to not being able to log in every hour :(
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    v58EWall.jpg

• nedimaz
    207 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    So same characters are used for recyclling? In that case Jesse is really good investment
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    nedimaz wrote:
    So same characters are used for recyclling? In that case Jesse is really good investment

Question about Lisa's Slurry Plant ... if we can earn tracks for materials (blueprints?), is the Slurry Factory going to continue generating recycling materials or is it going to switch to an ingame-cash-generating building?

• HappyGamer73
    2406 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    nedimaz wrote:

Question about Lisa's Slurry Plant ... if we can earn tracks for materials (blueprints?), is the Slurry Factory going to continue generating recycling materials or is it going to switch to an ingame-cash-generating building?

That's a very good question. Could ask the same about the Rail Stations. My guess would be that they will all switch over to game cash, but we can always hope!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.