EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who really dislikes Springfield Heights?

Prev1
I really like Springfield Heights.

You get out of it exactly what you put into it.
You can add a lot of detail to the area if you want to take the time to put in that detail.
Yes, it came out right before the monorail and its taken away from designing it but that doesnt mean its not a good place.
Its like Krustyland - only as good as you make it to be.

I for one still have a lot of designing to do and it doesnt have to be done all at once either.
I just make the coffees and the furniture a little at a time and it doesnt drive me crazy :mrgreen:

Replies

• lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Only thing I don't like is the size of some of the fully upgraded buildings (condo, business center)

but other than that I found it enjoyable.

I like the big beach area and the many different ways you can construct the classic and modern mansions.

It's also where I keep 2 of my monorail stations :)
  • sisdog
    29 posts
    edited September 2015
    I liked it at first. That quickly went away after seeing the fully upgraded buildings ridiculous size and how bad the modern house parts match up. Crafting tablets and coffee is tedious. Thinking about moving all seasonal items to that land area.
  • Thomasx35
    29 posts
    edited September 2015
    I'm a relatively new player and just reached level 30 yesterday, but from what I've seen so far from my neighbors I don't love it. Since there aren't all that many buildings in SH, my grinding feels much less rewarding. I don't mind the monorail grinding because I want to complete my monorail and add to my stations, but with heights I don't see the point of playing constantly just to upgrade my 4th deluxe condo to the next level. Plus, since the buildings are all so tall, the space feels very cramped.

On the other hand, from what I gather SH is pretty new so I'm hopeful that future updates will make it a lot better. I'm not ready to write it off just yet :lol:
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Liked it at first. Haven't sent my characters on tasks there in about 3 weeks though.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I finally hit 1 billion a few days ago. It was a huge relief - I hated the grind, and I just wanted it over. I have almost none of the upgradeable buildings out. I'm not a big fan of how they look, but also I just haven't had time to decorate. I had just started a redesign when the SH update hit, and it's all just sort of taken a back-seat to the constant grind of SH and monorail.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Too grinding, and why do you a dozen of each building :!: :?:
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'll get the obvious out of the way: I can't imagine anyone enjoys grinding to get to a billion.

However, I like the extra land, and I've seen some terrific designs by neighbors using those oversized buildings. I haven't been able to do much with them myself, but I'm to blame for that.

I don't deny its flaws, but the Heights expansion gave us a good deal of land and a ton of new content.

• smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Not enough poll options.

I like it a little, but I love the land!
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It WOULD be okay if the tasks weren't so short... But as it is you literally have to sit on your game for an hour to get any progress done. So because of that I hate it.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I feel it's the same as Whacking Day event - a great, revolutionary gameplay idea that could use a few tweaks & improvements. It does have potential, though.

*Totally independent currency from cash. Players without massive cash reserves can still do just as much as veterans.
    *Classic & Modern Mansions both great ideas for design. Can upgrade them 100% & design unique buildings with the add-ons.
    *Lots of land, and plenty of ideas for the "rich side" of town.

Dislikes:
    *The maths for timeframes of some of the crafting items. You actually make a net loss per hr on pills when you're using them to craft awards.
    *The massive gaps between prizes. Would've kept some more interest if there was even some decorations etc. to win between 200m > 500m, and 500m > 1b.
    *The size of some of the buildings. Business Centers are massive!!
    *Unable to select skins for buildings. I'm forced to upgrade as much as possible, but don't want massive constructions everywhere.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6375 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I really like Springfield Heights. Love the huge land expansion it gave us, the buildings, decorations. It gave us Cookie Kwan & Paris Texan. I love the beach area.

I just hate the crafting element to it. It takes way too long to build stuff because it requires so many items. I also dislike how cell phones, trophies & pills use up other consumables unlike the first 3 that don't require any at all.

Also, it would be a lot more helpful if more characters used the Heights. Especially considering how many we have. So that makes it even more tedious.

So if they were to release a patch to reduce the amount of craftables each building took to expand & add more characters to have jobs there, it would make things a lot better.
  • illislune
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    For the size of the buildings, I wish there was more land expansion in SH. That and being able to roll back the level / skin for fully upgraded buildings. As it stands, not sure how to go about designing unless I start storing some of the buildings.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I for one will not be placing more then 1 business center or condo because of their sizes. Stopped grinding them for now though so I don't have my inventory filled with SH buildings and add ons.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited September 2015
    To paraphrase an episode of X-Files, "Hate it. Hate it. Wouldn't wanna date it."
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Love the extra land but not a fan of some of the buildings that come with it in fact some are hideous oversized monstrosity also the short time frame for the tasks is nothing more than a pain in the **** .
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I really like Springfield Heights. Love the huge land expansion it gave us, the buildings, decorations. It gave us Cookie Kwan & Paris Texan. I love the beach area.

I just hate the crafting element to it. It takes way too long to build stuff because it requires so many items. I also dislike how cell phones, trophies & pills use up other consumables unlike the first 3 that don't require any at all.

Also, it would be a lot more helpful if more characters used the Heights. Especially considering how many we have. So that makes it even more tedious.

So if they were to release a patch to reduce the amount of craftables each building took to expand & add more characters to have jobs there, it would make things a lot better.

4i5EK.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • barryriddl474
    4851 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I like the new land and new items. Always a good thing. The crafting is okay, and I like that I can do it when I want or if times get slow. Since it isn't an event, I can take my own sweet time.
    I'm not interested in the billion dollar prize, so after unlocking Artie's mansion and all of the land, I only craft when I need a decoration.

I am uber excited for the next round that SH has to offer on the 15th.

• tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Like: extra land and ocean, cookie kwan, oil rig, lots of the decorations - flying car, jet skis, vineyard, gold lamps, palm trees, hot tub

dislike: huge footprint and ugly design of the main buildings, yet another currency system, short timing on tasks,

overall: easy to stick ugly buildings in storage and once ground through the levels ignore that and enjoy the good stuff
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited September 2015
    It has problems such as there's not many things available for 'cell phones' and there's a lack of buildings but apart from that I quite like it. :)
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Not being a fan, I've converted my SH into the home for my blue house farm. I love how my farm is properly sequestered behind the mountain line, away from my Springfield proper.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.