EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    platt222 wrote:
    Who did you use on the sideshow to get the coats? I've tried 3 so far and only got the glowsticks.

The last few times I've gone with all 4, Peter, Chris, Avril And Cooper. I'm now 6/12 on the coats and I got the balloon as well.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm doing Peter, Avril and Alice now, can't afford to use Chris unless I have to since he's the only source of wrenches outside of one building. Got everything apart from the Coats for Astley and I've got a grand total of 6 Tubs Of Grease for GUDG.

EDIT: Won the Balloon
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm now 9/12 for the coats and 20/28 flags. Problem is I'm out of microphones, so I'll need to attack Mecha Astley a couple of times to get more.
  • platt222
    626 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Avril & Alice seem to be a winning combination for me they've dropped coats 3 out of 4 times, just 3 more coats and I'll have Astley.

EDIT: Just unlocked Rick and ran the first concert. They're going to be a huge help in Lighters and LPs got 8 of each for getting 78 out of I think 100 stars (might of been 120).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    t0gltz.png

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!
    Never gonna run around and desert you!
    Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye!
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!

:mrgreen:
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I have no idea how I am so far behind in this event - I play as often as usual. Just got DJ Herbert yesterday.

I can't get the event currency to save my life... I haven't been within 1,000 of getting the hostel yet (Keep having to spend on Decos or whatever).
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I have no idea how I am so far behind in this event - I play as often as usual. Just got DJ Herbert yesterday.

I can't get the event currency to save my life... I haven't been within 1,000 of getting the hostel yet (Keep having to spend on Decos or whatever).

You're not alone. So am I and thousands (or is it hundreds :wink: ) of players--- who haven't given up on the game yet. :lol:
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm not even on part 5 and I still have to perform Herbert concert which I need 3 tickets to unlock him the deaf guy spawns more but I'm getting lighters go figure, I was frustrated with this event ready to quit the game completely but then I decided do what I can get my goal is to try for deaf guy hopefully I could get him by the 17th, I don't know what's chara are coming for the last week looks like that's a right off for me
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited September 2015
    After the leaderboard farces and of course, the real push on premium content after phase 3 i decided that i wasn't going to play this event anymore. I just felt that they were asking too much from premium players and i was no longer going to be sucked in by it. I enjoyed the first couple of weeks of the event, it seemed that TinyCo had been listening to players and made a decent event that was easily achievable for freemium players, but, phase 4 came in with Deadmou5 and there you had it. Back to their old wicked cash grabbing ways. This event has infuriated a lot of players, free and premium alike because of drop rates etc. The laziness of TinyCo to just use the same mechanics in events irritates and annoys - shows no originality, just a hash-bash of stuff to make as much money as they can. I can handle premium celeb characters, they have to cover the cost of them appearing in the game, sadly, premium celebrity characters are all TinyCo can do to keep the game ticking over. Unlike The Simpsons, Family Guy has very few characters in it. Yes, there is one time appearances from characters that are voiced by a celebrity, but they have a limited range of choice. I really wanted GUDG however, i'm not investing anymore time into this event. I may buy him premium if they release him in the future.

In the last week, i've had more fun playing SimCity BuildIt to pass the time - haven't really thought about FGQFS at all, that's how much they are putting players off.
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited September 2015
    t0gltz.png

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!
    Never gonna run around and desert you!
    Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye!
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!

:mrgreen:

I don't think I'll get him. Takes ages to get glow sticks because I missed half the event. I have to get 2500 to get some Scott guy plus 1000 for a mud pit to be able to do a concert so I can get to deadmau5 quest part 6. When does the spooner stage unlock?
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    dave3490 wrote:
    After the leaderboard farces and of course, the real push on premium content after phase 3 i decided that i wasn't going to play this event anymore. I just felt that they were asking too much from premium players and i was no longer going to be sucked in by it. I enjoyed the first couple of weeks of the event, it seemed that TinyCo had been listening to players and made a decent event that was easily achievable for freemium players, but, phase 4 came in with Deadmou5 and there you had it. Back to their old wicked cash grabbing ways. This event has infuriated a lot of players, free and premium alike because of drop rates etc. The laziness of TinyCo to just use the same mechanics in events irritates and annoys - shows no originality, just a hash-bash of stuff to make as much money as they can. I can handle premium celeb characters, they have to cover the cost of them appearing in the game, sadly, premium celebrity characters are all TinyCo can do to keep the game ticking over. Unlike The Simpsons, Family Guy has very few characters in it. Yes, there is one time appearances from characters that are voiced by a celebrity, but they have a limited range of choice. I really wanted GUDG however, i'm not investing anymore time into this event. I may buy him premium if they release him in the future.

In the last week, i've had more fun playing SimCity BuildIt to pass the time - haven't really thought about FGQFS at all, that's how much they are putting players off.

Like I said I'm surprised this game is still surviving with all the money grabbing why are some players giving it in I say we all boycott not spending anymore money then we'll see what they'll do
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ACE19711 wrote:

Like I said I'm surprised this game is still surviving with all the money grabbing why are some players giving it in I say we all boycott not spending anymore money then we'll see what they'll do

I'm not quite at the "torches and pitchforks" stage yet, but like I've said before - I'm not spending any clams on this event. I'm still getting loads of content for free, so I can't really complain. It sucks I'm missing out on some of the characters and buildings, but it's not like TSTO where you keep leveling up and get bonus donuts each time. There's no advantage to having premium buildings and characters after an event, if you're a max level player like most of us are. Having all the in-game cash is ok, but I'm sure most of you are like me and have millions in the bank. 80% of my characters are in storage because sending them on jobs is pointless if they don't earn event currency.

I'm still doing tasks and jobs towards getting stuff, but I'm well aware I won't be getting much.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My phone broke so I can't actually get on, I could use my iPhone that I am using as a stopgap but the hassle of getting it to work isn't worth it, the game has become increasing difficult to progress and without spending money you take far too long to progress, therefore until phone is fixed i will not play this game, it likely would make no difference as i probably wouldn't be ble to unlock something anyway
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ACE19711 wrote:

I'm not quite at the "torches and pitchforks" stage yet, but like I've said before - I'm not spending any clams on this event. I'm still getting loads of content for free, so I can't really complain. It sucks I'm missing out on some of the characters and buildings, but it's not like TSTO where you keep leveling up and get bonus donuts each time. There's no advantage to having premium buildings and characters after an event, if you're a max level player like most of us are. Having all the in-game cash is ok, but I'm sure most of you are like me and have millions in the bank. 80% of my characters are in storage because sending them on jobs is pointless if they don't earn event currency.

I'm still doing tasks and jobs towards getting stuff, but I'm well aware I won't be getting much.

I guess I'm one of the few who still keeps characters in action in Quahog-- even the useless ones from past events :lol: -- with visual tasks since I like to see them in action in my town even if I already have 8M in-game coins in the bank. I love that I can drag characters around so I usually place them in a certain section of my town-- e.g Star Trek characters in my Star Trek section, Comic con characters in Comic con section, American Dad Characters by CIA HQ except Roger who's in his bar. :wink:
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited September 2015

I guess I'm one of the few who still keeps characters in action in Quahog-- even the useless ones from past events :lol: -- with visual tasks since I like to see them in action in my town even if I already have 8M in-game coins in the bank. I love that I can drag characters around so I usually place them in a certain section of my town-- e.g Star Trek characters in my Star Trek section, Comic con characters in Comic con section, American Dad Characters by CIA HQ except Roger who's in his bar. :wink:

I just recently put all mine in... the biggest reason was that I kept tapping them randomly while trying to tap on something else. The ones that haven't been maxed out are still out and doing jobs.
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Um haley smith can attack mecca astley
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Um haley smith can attack mecca astley

I hope it's not a glitch but an Easter egg in the game by TinyCo. :wink:
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Apparently she wears the klingon costume has she sttacks
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Not for me I can't use Haley to attack
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Not for me I can't use Haley to attack

I just did it twice. Hope they haven't fixed it since Mecha Astley is currently recovering so I won't know until then if it's still in her task list when he comes back.