EA Forums - Banner

Game freezes

Replies

• caffeinebuzz
    9 posts
    edited September 2015
    For whatever it's worth to anyone, I put the Mall Station in storage and unlinked the tracks in my remaining 2 stations. It still freezes (and it just seems really random... sometimes when I click on possums, sometimes when I collect aluminum cans, sometimes when I click on a random building). Now, sometimes I can be in the game for 20 minutes without it freezing, sometimes I click a few things and it freezes. Before I stored the Mall Station, the game was mostly unplayable.
  • Aiwanz
    26 posts
    edited September 2015
    For whatever it's worth to anyone, I put the Mall Station in storage and unlinked the tracks in my remaining 2 stations.

It worked for me, thanks.
    The game was unplayable due to constant freezing but somehow I've managed to store the Mall station and unlink the tracks with the others. I have finally collected the resources, tasked other characters and it still didn't crash. *fingers crossed*
  • Ivirene
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    Add me to the list of disgruntled players that game is freezing. Please fix!!!
  • Dw1405
    6 posts
    edited September 2015
    Thank God.
    We all have the same issue.
    I hope they can fix it soon.
    I really miss the game ... :cry:
  • Dw1405
    6 posts
    edited September 2015
    Aiwanz wrote:
    For whatever it's worth to anyone, I put the Mall Station in storage and unlinked the tracks in my remaining 2 stations.

It worked for me, thanks.
    The game was unplayable due to constant freezing but somehow I've managed to store the Mall station and unlink the tracks with the others. I have finally collected the resources, tasked other characters and it still didn't crash. *fingers crossed*

Thank you so much.
    The great solution is here.
    Just archive the Mall Station, everyone.
    :) :-) :D:lol:
  • edited September 2015
    After waiting six months for a partial fix for the note 4 lollipop 5.0.1 frame rate issues now it freezes within moments of getting into my Springfield. I think they do not ever test any of these updates. This is becoming too much of an annoyance for something fun to play.... When it works, which is becoming very rare these days.
  • stupke24812
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My game has been freezing all weekend, where do I file a support ticket?
  • imuginc
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My game is frozen on the EA side of the game. It has been frozen on the same screen in game for over a day- I can log in and out fine- I deleted and reinstalled the game… still stuck. This is a problem on EA's servers and is really frustrating during an event. I'm level 55 and have been playing for years- first time I have seen this.
  • SteveBiggs
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    I've been playing Tapped Out for almost 3 years now, and although I often hear about frequent crashes and hangs, I've never experienced much of this myself. Until now. Act 3 of the Monorail event has introduced a real problem that causes my game to freeze very frequently. It does seem to help if I store the Mall-o-rail building, but that is an integral part of the event, so I'm finding myself storing when I have a lot to do in the game (like visiting friends) and then adding it back into my Springfield when I'm done.

What's worse than this bug (which makes it almost impossible to play) is EA's silence despite the large number of people complaining about it. At least acknowledge that you're aware of the issue and are working on it!
  • sdchris999
    4 posts
    edited September 2015
    I can't get beyond a few taps (if I'm lucky) before the game freezes. This has been happening for the past couple days and I'm concerned that even if a fix comes sometime soon from EA, I may not be able to catch up with the progress of Part 3 in time. They are no doubt aware of the problem and working on a fix, but how will they rectify the situation of lost progress with a limited time to complete these missions. If it will only happen for those who speak up on here, add me to the list. I've been playing for years and have not had this kind of issue before and was really looking forward to the Monorail event...and hope to be able to get the last achievement so I can continue creating track in my Springfield. EA, please provide an update. (both the software kind and a message to your loyal players.) I'm guessing you don't want a ton of calls...but if that's what I need to do, someone please let me know how to get in touch.
  • moldavi33
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    Please fix this issue, and please acknowledge that there is an issue. The game is pretty much unplayable for me, which is seriously jeopardizing the possibility of reaching the stage 3 rewards. This is not fun, it is simply frustrating. I have never had these issues with the game before, and my internet speed/connectivity is not an issue. As others have noted, this is clearly due to the stage 3 build, and is affecting a large number of your users. PLEASE FIX THIS!
  • Dw1405
    6 posts
    edited September 2015
    My game has been freezing all weekend, where do I file a support ticket?
    Try email to [email protected]Mobile.com
    or use this link http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out
  • mariosso
    3 posts
    edited September 2015
    Every time I sign on and press on any action it freezes.I have tried all the problem solvers and no luck,I don't know what to do.Can anybody help?
  • tyler_kayles
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    Super frustrated with this issue, gameplay has been freezing for the last couple of weeks getting progressively worse and is now at the point I am frozen as soon as I login. Contacted EA and was told to clear cache of apps on iPhone and restart, it did nothing as the problem is clearly on their end and now I've had no further response. Tried putting Tetanus Terminal in storage as some suggested but no luck and can't try the same with Mall-O-Rail as my game is too unusable to attempt anything else. Grrr...

I'm a long time player and sometime payer but will be uninstalling soon if this isn't resolved, this could have been a great event but if EA can't fix or more importantly acknowledge issues at these integral times, it's not worth staying involved. Hoping for a solution soon.
  • edited September 2015
    I tried putting the mall station back on my map, but connected it to my existing monorail track and it's been working since yesterday afternoon.
  • edited September 2015
    I had this issue twice during the monorail event. The first time was Act 2. It was resolved within 3 days. I was able to complete act 2 with no problems. This time around it was the same issue with Act 3. It took 5 days to resolve. I had to contact EA twice today. They finally responded around midnight, maybe later. The agent reset my game to the beginning of the Act and offered 15 donuts. I responded that it was now fixed and as I appreciated the donuts this does not make up for lost time or rails and I would like something further done. He responded with saying that he would like to know if he should close the case and get my 15 donuts or do a further investigation. I responded saying he can close the case and I would be going to all the forums to let everyone know how this was handled and that EA will see a decline in players in the days to come. He responded:You are most welcome and I really appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Additionally as I promised earlier I have added 15 donuts into your account. So, cheers and enjoy The Simpsons: Tapped Out.

And here is the forum link:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out

We look forward to your positive approach. Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding.

Have a great day ahead. Keep Tapping:)

He Basically said F**K YOU and BYE.

I am outraged at EA for the lack of care. This event was suppose to be amazing and fun and now the game is ruined for me. I wish that they would step up and acknowledge their fault and either extend the time so players can finish the event or give out what is needed.
  • jensweezey269
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Having alot of trouble playing freezes non stop today
  • lfcforever722
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    My tapped out game keeps freezing or crashing every time i enter to play and has been doing so for 4 o 5 days it has become completely unplayable now after a year playing with no issues what so ever and now i am missing out on monorail rewards an anybody help with this ?
  • Kty519
    4 posts
    edited September 2015
    I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I'm running this on a Samsung Galaxy S4. This game is non-playable the way it is right now. I can't tap on anything without the game locking up. I've tried storing my monorail stations but that didn't fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, restarted my phone when it happened and even cleared the cache but nothing fixes the issue. This needs to get resolved or I'm going to stop playing this game.
  • edited September 2015
    Adding my name to the list. Following Act 3 and the addition of the Mall-O-Rail, I couldn't play at all. I tried on two devices (iPad and iPhone): same problem. The game freezes a few seconds after it opens or when I attempt any action. After 4 or 5 days and countless attempts, I was finally able to stay in the game long enough to put to Mall station in storage and it now works (albeit slowly). Still disappointing since I'm missing out on the event, and with all the time lost I don't see how I'll get to the Act 3 reward.

Why is this not acknowledged as a real issue?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!