EA Forums - Banner

Corn?

2Next

Replies

• butteredtoast13
    15 posts
    edited September 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Tapper - I have had a tomacco task for about 68 days. My corn is ready to harvest. The hour is getting near.

24edqbq.jpg

Congratulations for sticking it out! :D
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It's almost time to plant corn if you want to harvest it on Christmas Day. I did that last year for my first corn crop :mrgreen:

Oooh when's the day to plant Christmas corn? I hope someone starts a thread. I missed the summer solstace corn so I'm definitely gonna do Christmas corn this year.
  • shanemadrid
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It's almost time to plant corn if you want to harvest it on Christmas Day. I did that last year for my first corn crop :mrgreen:

Oooh when's the day to plant Christmas corn? I hope someone starts a thread. I missed the summer solstace corn so I'm definitely gonna do Christmas corn this year.

According to my calculations, if you plant on September 28th, the corn will ready for harvest on Christmas Day
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited September 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Tapper - I have had a tomacco task for about 68 days. My corn is ready to harvest. The hour is getting near.

24edqbq.jpg
    Jim's going to be a very happy tapper! :D
  • shanemadrid
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2015

According to my calculations, if you plant on September 28th, the corn will ready for harvest on Christmas Day

Apparently my calculations were wrong as everyone else is saying the 26th lol :oops:
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited September 2015
    I have grown corn 3 times. The first was near Valentines day and I received a V-day request that let me harvest early. The second, I tried again near V-day hoping for the same result, but no such luck. After using Witch Marge as often as possible, I went on vacation near harvest time and came back to dead corn. :(
    The last time I went the distance and collected.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited September 2015

Apparently my calculations were wrong as everyone else is saying the 26th lol :oops:

Awesome thanks. Christmas is going to be extra awesome this year!
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    So, I've been thinking about growing corn. My only concern is... I feel as soon as I plant it I'll get a task that will have me grow something else and I'll have to wait 90 days just because that's my luck. Is it worth it to grow corn?

I always grow corn, and I always get a task to grow one of the other plants the next day. So it just sits there in my tasks bar until the 90 days are over. I don't even notice it anymore. And if the farm is needed, usually it will rush it for you, or you can store it as others have said.

Not having to think about planting anything for 3 months is worth it IMHO.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited September 2015
    Hi all,

Please forgive this question if it seems overly silly, but what's the big deal with having the corn task? 90 days for 45k cash....lets say you have a 100% conformity bonus, that's 90k - not that much considering you have to wait 90 days to get it.

As long as you are sending the rest of your characters off on tasks, why not just run the 24hr task or 8hr task - you get far more than the 90k just by just putting it on when collecting/sending other chartacters tasks.

I dont have Witch Marge - so does this 'speed up' that everyone is talking about speed up the entire task? (cause then I understand that it would be worth it)

Many thanks
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi all,

Please forgive this question if it seems overly silly, but what's the big deal with having the corn task? 90 days for 45k cash....lets say you have a 100% conformity bonus, that's 90k - not that much considering you have to wait 90 days to get it.

As long as you are sending the rest of your characters off on tasks, why not just run the 24hr task or 8hr task - you get far more than the 90k just by just putting it on when collecting/sending other chartacters tasks.

I dont have Witch Marge - so does this 'speed up' that everyone is talking about speed up the entire task? (cause then I understand that it would be worth it)

Many thanks

For me, it's not about the 45k payout, it's about being able to set a 90 day task and forget about it. I don't need the in game cash , so I doubt I'd do the day to day tasks or less, so this way my farm is still doing something, instead of just sitting there. At this point, I set my characters on 24 hour tasks and leave them until updates call for them. I basically just try to collect the cash off of the buildings.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited September 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    Hi all,

Many thanks

For me, it's not about the 45k payout, it's about being able to set a 90 day task and forget about it. I don't need the in game cash , so I doubt I'd do the day to day tasks or less, so this way my farm is still doing something, instead of just sitting there. At this point, I set my characters on 24 hour tasks and leave them until updates call for them. I basically just try to collect the cash off of the buildings.

For me its not about the cash either, more for the XP. I have about 100 characters now, and I think I get between 300 and 450XP for the 24hr tasks depending on whether its a premium character or skin (I use all the stonecutter ones which are now premium) or Mr Burns money pit one - so around 35k. I need over 1mil XP to level up, so it helps alot. If I can be bothered doing 12hrs (one at 8am and 8pm) then even better.

Thats why I was asking about the corn - as I would rather do the triffids and if I am collecting the characters/channel 6 why not set it at the same time?
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited September 2015
    I guess a better question would have been if there are any tasks that require you to grow a crop. Maybe too broad of a question. I will try googling it though- I guess I didn't think of that when I posted this. I suppose it's all personal preference with no definite answer. Thanks. :)

I know in passed Halloweens they have had tasks growing things on the farm.
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    That's not true. Running 90 Moonshine tasks (and that's with hitting it exactly every single day right when it's ready to harvest) gives a (base) net profit of $40500/13500xp vs. $36000/9000xp for corn. You would only have to lapse 10 days to make the money even. Twice a day Silvertongues is only $39600/13500xp. You need 12 hours worth of GMO Potatoes per day to beat it. Sure, if you are mixing in a fair share of Tomacco, you can earn more (in fact, it takes just 5 times of Tomacco a day to earn as much as corn for xp and 7 times a day to exceed dollars). Corn is actually a very good crop for how the payout is for the length of time, especially if you find yourself forgetting to task the farm. Although the $/XP payout per hour isn't as good as the other crops, since it's always running, it might be worth it in the end. I thought it was not going to be very good at first, but I crunched the numbers & it's surprisingly valuable, with way less effort put into tapping.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited September 2015
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    That's not true. Running 90 Moonshine tasks (and that's with hitting it exactly every single day right when it's ready to harvest) gives a (base) net profit of $40500/13500xp vs. $36000/9000xp for corn. You would only have to lapse 10 days to make the money even. Twice a day Silvertongues is only $39600/13500xp. You need 12 hours worth of GMO Potatoes per day to beat it. Sure, if you are mixing in a fair share of Tomacco, you can earn more (in fact, it takes just 5 times of Tomacco a day to earn as much as corn for xp and 7 times a day to exceed dollars). Corn is actually a very good crop for how the payout is for the length of time, especially if you find yourself forgetting to task the farm. Although the $/XP payout per hour isn't as good as the other crops, since it's always running, it might be worth it in the end. I thought it was not going to be very good at first, but I crunched the numbers & it's surprisingly valuable, with way less effort put into tapping.

I see your point, but what I was saying was that if you were going in to tap characters/buildings anyway, its not really any 'extra' effort to do the farm as well. I personally do it for the XP and not the cash. I have way more cash that I will ever use at the moment, but the XP gets be the bonus donuts - so I do the triffids - even once a day will a significant amount more XP and I usually can do 2 times.

To each his own I guess....what ever suits you the best is what we all should do :)
  • mimi12810912
    96 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I like looking at my farm knowing that I have the restraint and patience to just let it sit there for 3 months and grow corn.

I have 50 days left to harvest my second crop.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.