EA Forums - Banner

MONORAIL Q & A AND STRATEGY

Replies

• lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Just had an amazing project board session. After collecting some possums and little Lisa's recycling center to add on to the 84K I had earlier, I completed projects and jumped to 96,763 and didn't even hit the cap :shock:

Now just got three more left to unlock.

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    lowjeff783 wrote:
    Just had an amazing project board session. After collecting some possums and little Lisa's recycling center to add on to the 84K I had earlier, I completed projects and jumped to 96,763 and didn't even hit the cap :shock:

Now just got three more left to unlock.

Well done! You should be able get to another 2k!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Dang I'm 12000 behind and I'm playing pretty diligently. Ridiculous that the total for the grand prize is almost double what it was in the first act yet the payout for everything is still the same.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Dang I'm 12000 behind and I'm playing pretty diligently. Ridiculous that the total for the grand prize is almost double what it was in the first act yet the payout for everything is still the same.

This act is very doable by just capping out on projects alone (160,000 total cap, only 154,550 is needed). Check the second comment on the first page for a total freemium breakdown.

And regarding the difference between earning this act and the first one, you have three stations earning more possums this act and the total project cap is over double the first acts.
  • groovephil
    80 posts
    edited September 2015
    Just clicked over to 99k.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited September 2015
    This thread is so helpful! Thank you. :)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This thread is so helpful! Thank you. :)

No problem, it's an honour to help! I'm glad you've liked it! :D
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Most of my tasks have reverted back to needing mostly metal, which is not good for me when i now have less time to play at the moment and cant keep logging on every one or even two hours to make more metal! Hoping i still make it to the railyard, currently on 98k but have only hit the daily cap twice in this act on the first few days
  • happyone2323
    1496 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I should unlock the rail yard by Friday. Would it be wise to not place it immediately and keep it in storage so that I can obtain track pieces by using the project board?

If I understand correctly, once the rail yard is placed we can no longer use project board. So wouldn't I be able to earn track pieces faster with the project board rather than the rail yard (at least for the first several bonus rounds)?

Edit: Addicts just posted that once you unlock rail yard, even if you place in storage, you can no longer use project board.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I should unlock the rail yard by Friday. Would it be wise to not place it immediately and keep it in storage so that I can obtain track pieces by using the project board?

If I understand correctly, once the rail yard is placed we can no longer use project board. So wouldn't I be able to earn track pieces faster with the project board rather than the rail yard (at least for the first several bonus rounds)?

Edit: Addicts just posted that once you unlock rail yard, even if you place in storage, you can no longer use project board.

That make sense, once you unlocked the resource building....... Buildings....... The resources show up on the project board.
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

This act is very doable by just capping out on projects alone (160,000 total cap, only 154,550 is needed). Check the second comment on the first page for a total freemium breakdown.

And regarding the difference between earning this act and the first one, you have three stations earning more possums this act and the total project cap is over double the first acts.

I think my problem has been my projects have just been requiring metal only. My plastic and glass sat at full for two straight days because I wasn't using it. But yesterday after I posted that I started getting more and I ended up with almost 80,000 by day's end yesterday. Now I'm just seeing metal again......
  • johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    doing good, 56318, except glass, glass hates me. I need to sort one more glass for bonut part 3 and Sebastian got tired before I could do it. I rarely have turn in glass projects.
    :-(
    I suspect I will get it tomorrow.

In my A-Town, 56383. :)

I'm usually 2-3 days ahead, why are we only 1 day ahead if I read the chart right? I should end the day with two more possum taps /4 stations @ 15 in each station, and 2 more Lisa's little easy bake oven taps. But that's still not like way ahead from acts 1 and 2.

I got my 5000 bonus. You probably have not yet. Coincidence that the scores were close. I have no event premium buildings. You will pull ahead soon.

Yeah I hit my bonus the next day and should get one more on the last day.
    I'm currently on 122,000 something.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Anyone else here worried about filling up their inventory with stations and track? For a day and a half every time I logged on I got more... And more.

Anyone know what the cap is?
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited September 2015
    Anyone else here worried about filling up their inventory with stations and track? For a day and a half every time I logged on I got more... And more.

Anyone know what the cap is?

LPN said there is no max number of tracks you can have (unlike squidport tiles). Not sure if you will be able to take extra stations out of inventory, I believe the last update was supposed to make them non-unique. I didn't get that bug unfortunately so can't comment. Hope that answers at least part of your question.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I've currently got double stars "**" where it should say "Full" on my Metal Depot, and I'm concerned it could lead to something proper bad like! :O
    Anybody else getting this?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    I've currently got double stars "**" where it should say "Full" on my Metal Depot, and I'm concerned it could lead to something proper bad like! :O
    Anybody else getting this?

Sorry if it's not allowed to quote your own post, but I just wanted to say, the above happened because Rev. Lovejoy was still doing a job there, even though it was already filled. I'd started him on the job a few minutes behind everybody else!
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Can we use Rail Yard after event end? :D
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Cvija01 wrote:

Yes we can, it earns tracks and donuts when you hand in projects.
    There is a thread about it here:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10353964.page
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Cvija01 wrote:

Yes we can, it earns tracks and donuts when you hand in projects.
    There is a thread about it here:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10353964.page

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    doing good, 56318, except glass, glass hates me. I need to sort one more glass for bonut part 3 and Sebastian got tired before I could do it. I rarely have turn in glass projects.
    :-(
    I suspect I will get it tomorrow.

In my A-Town, 56383. :)

I'm usually 2-3 days ahead, why are we only 1 day ahead if I read the chart right? I should end the day with two more possum taps /4 stations @ 15 in each station, and 2 more Lisa's little easy bake oven taps. But that's still not like way ahead from acts 1 and 2.

I got my 5000 bonus. You probably have not yet. Coincidence that the scores were close. I have no event premium buildings. You will pull ahead soon.

Yeah I hit my bonus the next day and should get one more on the last day.
    I'm currently on 122,000 something.

And I got another 5000 bonus in my A-Town, so now at 130,510.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.