EA Forums - Banner

Nuke after Monorail?

Prev1
Is anyone thinking of nuking their town and rebuilding it around the monorail stations when this event is over? I'm considering it, but I wish there was a way to find out how much downtime we'll have between this and Halloween.

My town has been nuked once before, and it's not as hard to put back together as I had imagined. But it definitely wasn't something I'd want to have to do on the fly while working through something big. Especially not Halloween, I've really loved the Halloweens I've spent in Springfield and wouldn't want to feel rushed!
i was thinking of it, but decided to nuke right away, not regretting it so far^^

Replies

• lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I just finished (well not finished finished) my rebuild during the monorail event so nuking right now isn't going to happen. I just keep the main station and mall station in SH.

Can see myself nuking somewhere down the line to incorporate it into the main city but for now i'm satisfied :)
  • pinkamina_pie0
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I plan to nuke mine as soon as this is event is over. I'm hoping they will give at least a week before starting Halloween.

I miss the days of knowing there will be a few weeks of downtime in between events :roll:
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    If it helps, the last two Halloween events started the first Tue. in October. If EA keeps this trend we should see it on October 6.

The one in 2012 was the first Wed.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    makes sense with the end of monorail being sept. 15 then 1 week for S.H. Week 9 then time for Season 27's tie-in (it starts on 27th... convenient!) then Halloween the next week maybe the 1st? we'll see
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited September 2015
    I plan to nuke mine as soon as this is event is over. I'm hoping they will give at least a week before starting Halloween.

I miss the days of knowing there will be a few weeks of downtime in between events :roll:

Hi neighbor! I love your name, I always think, "Pinkamina Diane Pie, what are you up to today?" when I click on your town.

Me too! I miss knowing there would be some time to spiff up your Springfield and integrate the new buildings properly. Now I just have a big mess of everything going back to Tapball and even before just kind of scattered around the end of town farthest from the mountains.

madfish86 wrote:
    If it helps, the last two Halloween events started the first Tue. in October. If EA keeps this trend we should see it on October 6.

The one in 2012 was the first Wed.

Thank you, that is really helpful. :)
  • Slinky42
    113 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I was debating nuking before this event but now it's a must.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    instead of nuking your town why not reconstruct several sections of your town, thats what i did instead of nuking during the super hero event.

my town was all over the place during that event barely any room in my Springfield. i decided to put different sections of the town in inventory and work other things into the areas. once i got everything the way i wanted it i noticed i had room in my Springfield for more things.

hope it works out for you... unless you would rather nuke
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yes, I am thinking about it
  • tomroelofs
    13 posts
    edited September 2015
    I was thinking of doing it but after doing some re-decorating with some new springfield height buildings/items I'm actually starting to like the way my town is shaping up at the moment
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Seriously thinking of it but worried I may get frustrated and give up all together :x
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Going to wait until I get all the heights land, otherwise ill just have o redo it all again in a few months
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited September 2015
    I was considering it. I haven't been able to buy up all the land expansions yet, so I may wait for that instead.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I nuked at the start of this event knowing it was going to require a major redesign 8)
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited September 2015
    cvf007 wrote:
    instead of nuking your town why not reconstruct several sections of your town, thats what i did instead of nuking during the super hero event.

my town was all over the place during that event barely any room in my Springfield. i decided to put different sections of the town in inventory and work other things into the areas. once i got everything the way i wanted it i noticed i had room in my Springfield for more things.

hope it works out for you... unless you would rather nuke

This is my plan. I have already dismantled most of my town, most buildings are piled up on the north and west sides (so I can still collect money from them). I have a few more squares of the newest land to buy and will start reconstruction around the end of the event. I will have to see how long it ill take to get enough track though. I think my avoiding nuking is partially a fear I will lose items (though I'm pretty sure that bug has been resolved) and also that I would be too lazy to fully reconstruct my town if everything is in inventory.
  • pinkamina_pie0
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2015

Hi neighbor! I love your name, I always think, "Pinkamina Diane Pie, what are you up to today?" when I click on your town.

Me too! I miss knowing there would be some time to spiff up your Springfield and integrate the new buildings properly. Now I just have a big mess of everything going back to Tapball and even before just kind of scattered around the end of town farthest from the mountains.

Hey neighbor! :) Thank you, Pinky is awesome, always so cheery.
    I always love visiting your town, One of the best designs of my neighbors.
    I'm excited to see what you do with it after nuking :D
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I will be just need to find out the best time in between other events. It's gonna be a headache for sure.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Tbh i dont think i will ever Nuke my town, i done it once in my 2nd town and i'm still designing it :roll: So at the moment with the extra space i have due to the extra land added i am moving items about and designing that way :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • antpants7
    375 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yes I will nuke after Halloween.
    Redesign the layout over Christmas
    And then add the decorations/trees after the snow has gone.

Well that the plan. Who knows if I'll have the guts to do it. :lol:
  • msrednotdead
    42 posts
    edited September 2015
    I've just got my last prize in Springfield heights and tomorrow I should get the rail yard. Once I have that I'm going to nuke as I will then have a few days to start adding things back before the next event. Have a few more stretches of land to get but I'm not too concerned about them will just add them when I have the money
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited September 2015
    I shall be nuking after monorail. I'm glad we will beable to keep building track once the event is over.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.