EA Forums - Banner

How is TSTO running for you? And what platform do you play on?

2Next

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited September 2015
    More crash issues than normal. Play primarily on iPad Air (1) and occasional on iPhone 5S.

Basically when I visit friends, I get a hard crash part way through. Not sure if it's tied to a specific neighbor yet. Other than that, no performance issues. I basically don't visit friends often now since I always have to restart the game, go into the friend's list, then scroll a long time until I get to the point I left off at. I don't have time for that.

I haven't seen lag in a log time or hardly ever see a crash unless it's during neighbor visits.

I think it's tied to a neighbor seeing as when I go back to that neighbor I can visit normally.
  • ZAINH17__ZSH
    2737 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    TSTO is running great for me

I play on this platform
    simple_yurt_platform.jpg

Does it rotate.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Got a new Asus Android 'Phablet' hit and miss, but generally runs like treacle.
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It seems the performance varies across the day and it plummets when I have multiple groups doing different tasks of different lengths.

For example, at the end of the evening when I might do some SH grinding, my game can have 7-8 groups running various jobs of 30 secs, 2 mins, 5 mins, 8 mins, 12 mins, 20 mins, 1 hour, 12 hours, all at the same time. Trying to do friend visits or anything in the town is like swimming through treacle. It will crash out or freeze frequently too.

However, if everyone is set on one task length of say 8 hours, things are much, much better and will rarely have a freeze or crash.

This is on an iPad2.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I play mostly on an Ipad 1 (yes I'm an OG) on IOS 5.1.1. It runs EXTREMELY well considering. Hardly any lag, although it does crash whenever I try to visit friends which really sucks.

Every once in a while I play on Android phone (HTC Note running on 4.something) and it runs with a good amount of lag but I can visit about 10 friends before it crashes.
  • mathumster385
    2420 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Voted for iOS with a lot more lag/crashes but still playable on an iPad 2. Worst lag is loading, collecting possums and neighbor visits. For some reason, I can usually get two taps in neighbor towns, but the third one freezes the screen. Neighbor visits take three times longer, and the problems just became noticeable since the last update.
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I only play on an Android tablet (Samsung). I nuked and have been rebuilding my town at a slow pace, as to see what I would have at the end of the Monorail event. Although I still haven't hit my first 4500 item warning, my game is noticeably lagging. I did expect that with more land comes more performance issues, so I'm not surprised at the performance.

I am taking a minimalist (for me) approach in my rebuild and nothing so far has been finalized.

I am noticing unusual pop in, when I didn't have that before. I can understand with tall buildings, but not a small building that I'm scrolling past. I see it in my town and my neighbor's towns.

• Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I forgot to mention that my occasional freezes that I mentioned are now only when I start the game. It's rare, maybe once every other day. The game will simply give a black screen when I try to open it. If I force close it, it'll open right up. It does this on both of my devices.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    iPad. A lot more lag/crashing. Crashes when a neighbor visits me, when I assign tasks at the dump, while doing friend visits - definitely on the third tap. Lags on login, when tapping opossums, and assigning monorail tasks. This is happening in both my main, full-sized-but-nuked town and my smaller freemium feeder town.
  • blackgryphon9999
    687 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I've never had lag problems, but visiting neighbors is a real chore because the app crashes after visiting no more than six neighbors. <sigh> This is on an iPad Air (the original Air, not the 2).
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I always have a lot more crashes during events. Especially the day when new stuff arrives and then when moving in and out of Krustyland or Other Springfield, the whole thing will just quit. On ios8 ipad mini2.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.