EA Forums - Banner

Enough with the curved track pieces!!!

Prev13
Really?? I can't get enough curved pieces! I'm using them to map out where my monorail will go, so I can conitune my redesign! And all I'm getting are thr little short pieces. Would love to trade for curved or straight!

Replies

• tomroelofs
    13 posts
    edited September 2015
    Only getting short straight pieces :') not really working out either
  • meezosoop
    141 posts
    edited September 2015
    I'm planning on using my extra short and curved pieces to spell out 'lol' in my railyard
    Or possibly 'lololol' at this rate
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    meezosoop wrote:
    I'm planning on using my extra short and curved pieces to spell out 'lol' in my railyard

Best. Idea. Ever.

:XD:
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    meezosoop wrote:

You could also spell out YAAAH as well. I remember seeing it spelled out like that somehow in one of the episodes.
    It might have been The Springfield Files..i cant remember.
  • edited September 2015
    I've definitely noticed the ratio of curved to straight pieces isn't ideal.

So far it hasn't been much of an issue because like kellinadyer said I'm using them to mark the route through my SF. However, I've almost got all the ones I need now, and after that I will need TONS of straight tracks. I anticipate having quite a glut of useless curves. Maybe I'll just make a bunch of bizarre shapes for my trains to go through for a while?

It would be nice if we could choose what to make. Even if it was something like different crafting requirements for different shapes. For example, something like:
    Straight – 500 cans, 200 plastic, and 400 glass
    Curved – 800 cans 300 plastic, 150 glass
    etc...

Not suggesting those actual numbers just the general idea (given how the payouts are now, I'm sure they'd be a lot higher!). Some might be tougher to get, but at least you'd know what you're working for.

...and now that I've finished typing that I realize it's essentially how Springfield Heights is done. Hmmm.... :lol:
  • edited September 2015
    So far it hasn't been much of an issue because like kellinadyer said I'm using them to mark the route through my SF. However, I've almost got all the ones I need now, and after that I will need TONS of straight tracks. I anticipate having quite a glut of useless curves. Maybe I'll just make a bunch of bizarre shapes for my trains to go through for a while?

And about an hour after posting that I got the 5-piece pack, and wound up with 1 curved, 2 s-shaped, and 2 short. :lol:
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I agree we should be able to choose which track shape we want.

After receiving my first 5-pack, I now have 17 curves in my inventory. I don't need 17 curves.
  • orisimps
    22 posts
    edited September 2015
    We need a exchange for Tracks
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Just finished my first week of the rail yard.

One straight track.

One #%*$@& straight track.

All that grinding away for one piece of track that I could use.

Hey EA, if you really want to drive people away from playing this game, keep it up.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I have unlocked 4 so far after the rail yard and I have yet to get a single straight track. I don't even remember the last time I got a straight track lol
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited September 2015
    Really?? I can't get enough curved pieces! I'm using them to map out where my monorail will go, so I can conitune my redesign! And all I'm getting are thr little short pieces. Would love to trade for curved or straight!

I would love to have more curved pieces. I like to put them all in a row then "ride" on my monorail and pretend all the passengers are getting sick inside.

Don't judge me, I have a very boring life...

meezosoop wrote:

^^^^This made me snort! If you have extra room, friend me up. I'd love to have you as a neighbor even if you never end up doing this.

orisimps wrote:
    We need a exchange for Tracks

That would be cool, a little marketplace like The Hob (different fandom, we'd need a Simpson's version) or an in-neighborhood foundry. Maybe we could take them to the Steel Mill?

Has anyone learned how we're supposed to get donuts from the Railyard? Did they already tell us and I just missed it somehow? (That happens, with 5 kids my attention span isn't what it used to be....)
  • jax16389
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I also have way to many curved track pieces than I need....ugh!
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I agree - enough curved pieces. I unlocked one piece from collecting bells and whistles and then received 5 pieces (and 5 donuts) from hitting the last item at the railway. Of the six pieces, 4 were curved. I mean, if I could make the pieces do loops or overlap, I'd love them. But they are awkward and can only be used for major turns. I have used swervy pieces instead of straight in many areas. Right now, I need one straight piece and my current lay-out is done. I have tried everything to make those curvy pieces fit, but they don't. But really, what does EA think we are designing?
  • dcubedinnj
    42 posts
    edited September 2015
    same here, since the rail yard I've gotten 4 curved, 2 S shaped, and 1 straight.
    not pleased at all.
    can't EA simply set it so when you reach the necessary parts you can choose whatever type of track piece you want.
  • iZombieApu
    16 posts
    edited September 2015
    Agreed!
    This is so stupid to not have a choice. I have a ton of curved, and short pieces with little use.
    Why the hell is that? I don't need more "random" pieces, I need more straight tracks like everyone else.
    WHY CAN'T EA DO SOMETHING BETTER?

It seems everytime they try and do something better, they just f*(k it all up.

Will they ever listen to folks paying them? Probably not.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Me too... I'm only getting the curve, S, and short tracks after completed my yard... No straight tracks!

A tip: connect two S-shape tracks, and you can extend your rail further ahead.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I need more straight and s-curved track pieces. No more corner pieces
  • edited September 2015
    And about an hour after posting that I got the 5-piece pack, and wound up with 1 corner, 2 s-shaped, and 2 short. :lol:

...then got the second 5-piece pack (final for the week). 3 corner, 2 short, 1 s-shape.

Yeah, the balance definitely seems to be off. :?
  • Mordin99
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Looks like I'm not the only one when I first posted this to have terrible outcomes. I've now earned 10 more pieces, only ONE was a straight piece, the rest has been garbage! Why am I bothered to keep grinding for pieces I don't want?!

This is seriously worse than anything people complained about Springfield Heights. Yeah, there's a ton of grinding in that, which ties up lots of characters that could be earning money or on different quests. But at least with SH, you know what you're getting when you grind. You get to choose what buildings, upgrades you want to turn in for.

The rail yard is becoming one giant waste of time that is exacerbated due to all the grinding, tying up a bunch of characters. I spent so much wasted time turning in 4 rounds of blueprints to get a ton of useless track pieces that I'm never gonna use! (I already placed all my future curved pieces in their spots, and I still have 14 curves leftover that will forever sit unused)

This is really bad, EA better correct it.
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My first 2 prizes were 3 straight tracks, #3 1ea curve, s-curve, short. I'm close to #4 but I only got a day to get #5, I think I only got 3-4 days to get all 5.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.