EA Forums - Banner

What Have You Done With: Monorail Station(s)

Replies

• ashpod22
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    63736f3e-e734-4274-9623-bb909db0e136_zpsx9ieeuth.jpg

d921f13c-9117-48dc-8555-85264d531b95_zpsyprkwajg.jpg
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Finally finished the Terminus Terminal Monorail around the 'depressing' area of my Springfield:

COm9IuDWcAADHLU.jpg

COm9QQOWwAA7yAb.jpg

Now working on the Mall 'O' Rail Monorail around the retail park of my Springfield.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I think the parts from the Mall-O-Rail make a nice little two tiered shopping center

ky5knv6.png
  • edited September 2015
    I expanded my entire mall area a bit and had the Monorail run right through it. :)

7zI2Xm8.png?1
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Tetanus terminal

28jkta8.jpg
  • InspctHerGajet
    257 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    LkJvTJU.jpg?1

nm9GMAy.jpg?1

I5L0EVg.jpg?1

S0Pzbx3.jpg?1
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited September 2015
    wE2ukzH.png
  • maltwit
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Since the Monorail was a boondoggle as far as Springfield is concerned, I figured it should be useless as an efficient mode of transportation i.e. “you can’t get anywhere from there”.

I placed the Main Terminal within walking distance of the Krusty Station but without a rail between them. The only way to get there (other than walking) is to take a looooong circuitous, switch-back route through the Mall-o-Rail (also within walking distance of the Main Terminal).

Monorail%20Composite_zpslgifncaw.jpg

The Tetanus Station, too was a useless piece of real estate. Cletus (not the sharpest knife in the marquee!) figured “If he built it (the station), they (the rails) would come.” They didn’t.

I placed one short rail at the end of his terminal just so the train would be animated by bouncing back and forth a few feet. Since the terminal should be condemned, I put some barriers to the entrances to keep the Blue Haired Lawyer from suing poor Mr. Spuckler.

Tetanus%20Station_zpsedifyi6x.jpg
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Great work, some really nice designs.
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited September 2015
    maltwit wrote:
    Monorail%20Composite_zpslgifncaw.jpg
    :shock:
  • fraudelong
    134 posts
    edited September 2015
    I'm really happy with these two.
    F1l7hOv.png
    6v9ogOi.png
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I didn't want to redesign my whole Springfield, so I just made a Monorail area.

Monorail_zpspjvrsuz4.png~original
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited September 2015
    Desperate for more track pieces, i wanted to place my stations so have been using the track pieces i have like a conveyor belt to make sure everything is lines up for when i do get more. I hope to god i've lines them up properly.

At the moment i have the main terminal which is pretty much in the centre of my map:

n4h1sx.png

It, then takes a not so direct route (more of a tour) via the elevator to nowhere, giant magnifying glass and popsicle stick tower.

2hs6yv5.jpg

A tour round the Halloween area, then it loops round the hospital and doubles back on itself (top left).

2aj8ky9.png
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited September 2015
    And then i ran out of track so you can just be the odd piece i left for lining it up once i get more.

But it splits my main 2 mansions.

95ucmo.jpg

Goes through my industrial/recycling area:

3444dbq.png

And will then hit my Tetanus Terminal.

2zg85dw.png

It was a real pain to do as i get a bit * with the game and didn't want any of the joists to be in the road. I wish there was a single or 3 block piece to use as at one point i'd laid loads of track but due to it being 1 square out, had to go all the way back through it shifting it all slightly.

I need to add some more decorations to both and i think i be putting the 3rd terminal next to the sea but until i have a lot more track i'm not really sure where exactly. But i'll probably do a direct route from Tetanus to the Shopping terminal, and then run it to the mountains and back down to the main terminal to complete the loop.

• chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    i dont really understand why each station has it's own monorail cariages
    dont all tracks join together? how are there meant to be so many trains on a one track
  • lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited November 2015

Mine goes around the center of my town with the houses in the middle.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mengoni
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I used all the curved pieces, two s pieces, and five short pieces to make a squiggly short run.
  • 4junk3000
    5905 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Getting close to completion. Finally starting to get enough straight tracks for adding some different ideas, like this:
    svXNKU4.jpg
  • edited November 2015
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    BZeEgm0.jpg
    I love my set up
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.