EA Forums - Banner

Mixed feelings.

Prev13
I've been playing the game and checking this forum for about 18 months and have been jealously looking at all of you oldschoolers' towns, items and especially your conform-o-meter multiplier bonuses. (that "how much % do you have" poll from a good while ago made me feel like such a noob, lol)

So ever since i caught up to the max level (+/- 10 months ago), all my (freemium) donuts have been going towards upping my multiplier and i felt prouder and prouder as it went up. It felt so rewarding every time i bought a 40 donut item, and it was a huge incentive to keep playing and reach that 100%+, bonus pro status.

Then this tenniscourt farming happened and as brilliant as it felt at first, it now feels like a glitch/cheat and i really don't like it. Even though I've added a massive amount of percentages to my total and finally got to 100,50%, i feel like I've not earned it and those months of earnest, hard work have been pointless at this point.

It's like you're a poor teenager who's trying to court a beautiful girl for a long time, and after spending tons of effort, time and money trying to get in her pants, she tells you that she's become a prostitute and says she'll make love to you and all your friends for a cheeseburger.

I would really appreciate a reset that just makes everything right, just delete all courts and give a x amount of "sorry we f***d up" donuts to everybody affected.

This is coming from a guy with under 2 million cash and tons of (very much needed) land to buy.

Just wondering ... do you know that if you store your tennis courts, you won't get the bonus anymore? That's true of any multiplier. I know we can't sell them, but we can avoid profiting from them.

I know that isn't responding to your concern ... but does it help to know you can do that?

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I've been playing the game and checking this forum for about 18 months and have been jealously looking at all of you oldschoolers' towns, items and especially your conform-o-meter multiplier bonuses. (that "how much % do you have" poll from a good while ago made me feel like such a noob, lol)

So ever since i caught up to the max level (+/- 10 months ago), all my (freemium) donuts have been going towards upping my multiplier and i felt prouder and prouder as it went up. It felt so rewarding every time i bought a 40 donut item, and it was a huge incentive to keep playing and reach that 100%+, bonus pro status.

Then this tenniscourt farming happened and as brilliant as it felt at first, it now feels like a glitch/cheat and i really don't like it. Even though I've added a massive amount of percentages to my total and finally got to 100,50%, i feel like I've not earned it and those months of earnest, hard work have been pointless at this point.

It's like you're a poor teenager who's trying to court a beautiful girl for a long time, and after spending tons of effort, time and money trying to get in her pants, she tells you that she's become a prostitute and says she'll make love to you and all your friends for a cheeseburger.

I would really appreciate a reset that just makes everything right, just delete all courts and give a x amount of "sorry we f***d up" donuts to everybody affected.

This is coming from a guy with under 2 million cash and tons of (very much needed) land to buy.

Just wondering ... do you know that if you store your tennis courts, you won't get the bonus anymore? That's true of any multiplier. I know we can't sell them, but we can avoid profiting from them.

I know that isn't responding to your concern ... but does it help to know you can do that?

AND, there's less chance of catching an STD from the cheeseburger princess.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I've been grinding courts for several days now. I'd hate to loose all the bonus % I've earned but would understand if I did. It's a glitch and the this game has had a long history of glitches. I feel it part of the game. If you feel guilty don't craft anymore and like 🎃🎃🎃🎃 said store the ones you do have.
  • thatdonald845
    1575 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I missed out on the deleted bits of the other deleted post but can the OP edit out the prostitute cheeseburger paragraph. I'm no prude but this forum has a silent code.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I missed out on the deleted bits of the other deleted post but can the OP edit out the prostitute cheeseburger paragraph. I'm no prude but this forum has a silent code.

I found it an apt analogy. This is a Simpsons forum, not Disney. There was no foul language, and it might've been a PG comment, but again, Simpsons based forum. Don't make Patty n Selma stop smoking, or Mayor Quimby stop 'snuggling' his mistress. Performing hits, fighting, stripping, c'mon, prostitutes offend you?
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited September 2015

I totally appreciate you've tapped back into your conscience.

I too am not concerned with gaming the system to increase my multiplier. I never even look at what it is and have no idea where it is at now.

My goal is to build the most creatively designed freemium town i can and to have fun doing it. The challenges that exist, whether it's redundantly collecting money or the limits of design mechanics, are just part of the feeling of success when they are overcome.

Now, if for example, you design a multi court campus at the country club, and use the features to enhance your town, great. But farming simply to pursue money = giving into the cycle of rushing game play then clamoring for new content. That's classic addiction behavior i don't want to emulate. Plus, it looks crappy. House farms (and now court farms) are boring.

Some might enjoy accruing money as fast as they can. I don't live life like that.

I'll earn all my land squares in time...

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited September 2015
  • johncolombo
    11281 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

I totally appreciate you've tapped back into your conscience.

I too am not concerned with gaming the system to increase my multiplier. I never even look at what it is and have no idea where it is at now.

My goal is to build the most creatively designed freemium town i can and to have fun doing it. The challenges that exist, whether it's redundantly collecting money or the limits of design mechanics, are just part of the feeling of success when they are overcome.

Now, if for example, you design a multi court campus at the country club, and use the features to enhance your town, great. But farming simply to pursue money = giving into the cycle of rushing game play then clamoring for new content. That's classic addiction behavior i don't want to emulate. Plus, it looks crappy. House farms (and now court farms) are boring.

Some might enjoy accruing money as fast as they can. I don't live life like that.

I'll earn all my land squares in time...

I was never a house farmer but the tennis courts amuse me for some reason. Plus if I ever get bored with them I can shove them in storage. They only cost oscars, which costs pills and coffee, which cost phones and chairs? Did I get that right?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited September 2015

I found that post to be extremely offensive! I read the forum aloud to my 3 year old and when he asked me what a cheeseburger prostitute was I had to have "the talk" with him. He will never pass a Wendy's without cringing again. :oops:
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I appreciated the metaphor and found it to be extremely informational and concise.

STET
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I feel like I'll store the courts eventually (at which time EA will promptly remove the multiplier :) )
    but bring them out occasionally when I need to buy some land or an aspirational/etc.
    They look cool and all but FIFTY don't really look cool! haha.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    where is this cheeseburger prostitute you speak of and can i have her number?
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    I feel like I'll store the courts eventually (at which time EA will promptly remove the multiplier :) )
    but bring them out occasionally when I need to buy some land or an aspirational/etc.
    They look cool and all but FIFTY don't really look cool! haha.

i don't think they can remove the multiplier because people have purchased it for donuts to get that multiplier.

The only solution EA has it to make it a premium item once again
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    As far as glitches and exploits, this feels like one of the most benign the game has every seen. While I can appreciate your crisis of conscience, I, for one, am happy to get while the gettin's good!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Thinking about this from a programming perspective...

When you put something in inventory it is almost for sure that the instance of it is destroyed since that does not need to take up memory any longer. Hence its instance variables are gone. If those variables had any indication of when or how it was created, it's gone. Now since you might have put a tennis court you paid for donuts in inventory, say to move it around, and then taken it out again, there is probably no way to distinguish it from any other instance that has also been put in inventory and taken back out.

Note how this is different from the KEMs and KBs. There are two different objects there to make instances from.

So I agree with LPN, there really is no good, fair, way to change some tennis courts and not others. They are all instances of the same object. That doesn't mean that EA couldn't do it. If there is an instance variable that tracks how or when, then they could create a new object and do what is required to make some instances be destroyed and recreated as instances of the new object.

By the way, I'm using "instance" here in the OO technical meaning.

Edit: @OP: My attitude toward this and all of life is to make my choices as best I can and have no regrets in the future. You should be proud of your achievement of getting those 40 donut premium items, no matter what comes.

• defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't care, I'm farming. I've never farmed houses before even tho I've been playing this game for 2 years now and I've never spent money on donuts apart from the apple gift cards I received for my bday and Christmas. I have all these statues and other things like coffee, pills, etc and what am I supposed to do with them? There's no land left for me to buy in SH, I have no space to craft the remaining SH buildings because they're huge and I don't want them over in the regular SF section of my town. So who cares? Yeah it sucks when you pay for stuff and then it's free. I used my long time collected donuts to buy Kearney and then later he ended up in the mystery box and lots of people won him for free. This is life.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    You AND all your friends for a cheeseburger??? I've heard of the Happy Hooker, but your heart's desire sounds like the Hungry Hooker!

Y5RQS7A.jpg

in before the lock
  • ghallmark814
    2342 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    There is no PVP in tapped out.

Please allow me to play with my toys however I want, I will allow you to do the same.

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    drumnman wrote:
    As far as glitches and exploits, this feels like one of the most benign the game has every seen. While I can appreciate your crisis of conscience, I, for one, am happy to get while the gettin's good!

I don't call it a glitch, I call it an incentive to tap some more (considering I have several neighbors that have lost interest in the game and abandoned their town altogether). :wink:
  • cjryder625
    1414 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:

I found that post to be extremely offensive! I read the forum aloud to my 3 year old and when he asked me what a cheeseburger prostitute was I had to have "the talk" with him. He will never pass a Wendy's without cringing again. :oops:

you read the forum to a three year old? Ye gods what's wrong with 'the hungry caterpillar' or some other age appropriate book? I won't even let my seven year old grandson near the game let alone read the forum.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • jmn120176
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:

Seriously?! It is YOUR responsibility as a parent to proofread and screen out offensive portions. Are you honestly suggesting the vast, vast majority of people who DON'T disagree with the analogy change their behavior because your kid might see or read something you don't see fit?

🎃🎃🎃🎃.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!