EA Forums - Banner

Tennis Court Intervention

Replies

• FrankyK47
    266 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    zutroy69 wrote:
    cool2006 wrote:
    will these stay like this ive got mine up to 162% so far?

Only been playing steady for about 6 months (wish I had listened to my wife a couple years ago), but have already seen a lot of glitches, and haven't seen them rolling back a single one so far.

Have wondered several times if some glitches are allowed to run a bit just as part of the game psychology.

Interesting point.
    Level 939. Daily Tapped Out Player since 2012.
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Was ready to stop as they were making my town a mess. Then I discovered they can go on Boardwalk. Problem solved as I just put down number 28.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    :-o
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    Was ready to stop as they were making my town a mess. Then I discovered they can go on Boardwalk. Problem solved as I just put down number 28.

:-o :-o :-o

Aw yeah! Thanks for the tip! Going to make a giant tennis complex. I'm sure it will look dignified.
  • Krazykarl12
    48 posts
    edited September 2015
    I am sitting at 67 right now :)

One of those was bought as a premium. There is no way EA can take away the multiplier on this. They can make it premium again but that's it.
    I spent a lot of money on this game over the years so I do not feel bad about it.

My main concern right now is hiding them all.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    As well. And in case you forgot and unless I'm wrong, I don't think the reindeer ever cost any donuts and they have a small multiplier.

On this point only: From the Simpsons Wikia:

Reindeer are animal decorations which were available to purchase during the Christmas Event. They were priced at 20 donuts each, but could be won in a Santa's Stocking. This item returned for the Christmas 2013 Event.

Players who logged into the game on Christmas 2013 received one Reindeer free.

I TOTALLY bought a whole bunch of 'em. I think I have about 20 of them. LOVE my reindeer. Favorite deco in the game for me.

(Does happy dance) YAAAYY! I actually remembered something! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

As I recall, everyone was hoping the reindeer would return for Christmas, 2014 ... but I don't think they did. On THAT point, I could definitely be wrong. ;)

• KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    As well. And in case you forgot and unless I'm wrong, I don't think the reindeer ever cost any donuts and they have a small multiplier.

Reindeer are animal decorations which were available to purchase during the Christmas Event. They were priced at 20 donuts each, but could be won in a Santa's Stocking. This item returned for the Christmas 2013 Event.

I TOTALLY bought a whole bunch of 'em. I think I have about 20 of them. LOVE my reindeer. Favorite deco in the game for me.

As I recall, everyone was hoping the reindeer would return for Christmas, 2014 ... but I don't think they did. On THAT point, I could definitely be wrong. ;)

I can confirm the statement regarding the Reindeers absence from Christmas 2014. That was just about the only deco that didn't return from prior years.
  • Crwzin
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    miraclemet wrote:
    Crwzin wrote:

Tennis courts are still available...newly purchased ones don't have the multiplier :(

Current ones still have the multiplier, I haven't tried putting one in storage and pulling it back out yet.

double check... they stopped mentioning the multiplier in the "I" button info. when you add a new court did you % go up?

I didn't build anymore I was going off the "I" button info
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited September 2015
    I only got me 2 fields for now, still in doubt to make more
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:

I can confirm the statement regarding the Reindeers absence from Christmas 2014. That was just about the only deco that didn't return from prior years.

I also don't remember Candy Kev returning, but I could be wrong.
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:

I also don't remember Candy Kev returning, but I could be wrong.

I should have looked it up, all I remember was getting them in the Santa stocking and the free one.
    EDIT: I was very new back then wasn't spending donuts so much (2012)
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • rcb918417
    39 posts
    edited September 2015
    I got just enough to raise my percentage bonus just over 100%, and am taking a break to work on Springfield Heights. May end up working on some more sooner than later though.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    What I don't understand is when they removed the wording about the multiplier from the menu, why they didn't remove the actual multipler at the same time? It doesn't seem like it would have been too difficult. Now, it has been a week or so of everyone tc farming. Maybe they are checking the records to see who purchased with donuts? Then they could take the % from everyone else and have a good laugh about how we wasted all that time grinding away for worthless tennis courts. :x

I don't want to say how many tennis courts I have now. Too embarrassed :oops:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    What I don't understand is when they removed the wording about the multiplier from the menu, why they didn't remove the actual multipler at the same time? It doesn't seem like it would have been too difficult. Now, it has been a week or so of everyone tc farming. Maybe they are checking the records to see who purchased with donuts? Then they could take the % from everyone else and have a good laugh about how we wasted all that time grinding away for worthless tennis courts. :x

I don't want to say how many tennis courts I have now. Too embarrassed :oops:

Because text is easy to change. But all these tennis courts are instances of the tennis court object, which had the multiplier. In most OO languages, that means the instances already have the multiplier as an attribute, and you cannot remove the original object they are instances of without them going bye-bye also, nor can you change the objects attributes without making a whole new object (and leaving the old one as hidden). What a mess!

What I don't understand is why they didn't take the tennis court out of the SH menu. But again text is easy to change and they had bigger issues to deal with from the take-down.

Edit: Hmm, it is possible that they already have multiple tennis court objects. However when I tried putting them in inventory I'm pretty sure they were all together. Contrast this with putting all your Krusty Burgers in inventory. You will get two collections; the one original KB and then all the others. That's because there are two KB objects.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited September 2015

What I don't understand is why they didn't take the tennis court out of the SH menu. But again text is easy to change and they had bigger issues to deal with from the take-down.

I don't understand why they haven't taken this out of the menu by now either. I had forgotten they were dealing with the takedown issues at the same time. I was lucky and didn't update until the forced one.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    By 2016: EVERYONE's Springfield Heights painted over with tennis courts completely
    I'm just saying that this was my idea first, but also that it's inevitable. If they really do allow you to pile on the 2% per court, it's reasonable to assume that every Springfield Heights you visit next year will be totally torn down and covered with wall to wall tennis courts. Which means...... if they've done this on purpose there must be some CRAZY EXPENSIVE stuff on its way in order to make the game's money system challenging again.

This couldn't have been added to the Tennis Court Intervention thread?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10360367.page
  • pvrooden1024
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I stopped at 7. I have enough to make a tennisclub (just have to work on fencing it off and adding decos), but any more will imo not look good.
    I don't care for the the multiplier that much, to be honest the more appealing element was the 150k estatepoints. Now considering if I want an extra polocourt (600k points baby, yeah!).
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    :-o
    88KEYS62 wrote:

:-o :-o :-o

Aw yeah! Thanks for the tip! Going to make a giant tennis complex. I'm sure it will look dignified.
    That's what I did. I built a giant stadium and my plan is to go 10x5.. I need 8 left to get there. I bought 1 at the last event. I can't see them removing the multiplier as it would * off a lot of players that actually spend donuts on it.
  • vkvale135
    61 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Perhaps it is a temporary peace offering for all the people who were playing and got nailed with all the bad bad glitches lately and when they make it go away the people who persevered through this will have 7000 tennis courts, and the accompanying multiplier as a consolation prize. I personally only made 5 I think, mostly because making the statues makes me mad, requires too many steps and holds too many of my people in SH crafting jobs for too long. I 'm doing ok with my multiplier at 50.
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    vkvale135 wrote:
    Perhaps it is a temporary peace offering for all the people who were playing and got nailed with all the bad bad glitches lately and when they make it go away the people who persevered through this will have 7000 tennis courts, and the accompanying multiplier as a consolation prize. I personally only made 5 I think, mostly because making the statues makes me mad, requires too many steps and holds too many of my people in SH crafting jobs for too long. I 'm doing ok with my multiplier at 50.

Happy for you. It took my multiplier from 466 to 530
    :-)
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Ok so I only realised what's happening with the tennis courts yesterday... I'm now working on more...
    Are there any other such opportunities I'm missing out on?

Do you know about the hidden XP-multipliers from the SH buildings? If you have 10 of each type it's an extra 150% to the XP bonus. Doesn't matter what level those buildings are at so long as they are not in inventory.

See the bottom of the table here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10344781.page
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.