EA Forums - Banner

Last two mystery prizes

Prev13
I just got 5000 bells and whistles and a new Itchy & Scratchy billboard ( woohoo! Love them )

Replies

• tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited September 2015
    I got an Itchy and Scratchy billboard last friday and a Channel 6 news van today. :D
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Last week I got 5000 bells and whistles on the day I needed 5000 b&w for an extra track piece. Then I updated.

Yesterday I received 10 donuts.

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Last one had a billboard. The one before that had 10 donuts.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:

same as me
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I noticed something similar. In all three towns I run, the first daily play freebie mystery box I opened after the monorail event take-down contained 10 donuts. I haven't hit the second box yet, but I'll be watching for more billboards.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    All i know is that the prize you get now in these mystery boxes is predetermined unlike the old one.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I got 10 donuts in both of my towns. Which I thought was a little weird so that was probably intentional. I should be getting boxes today and tomorrow. I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest the Mystery Boxes will no longer be random though.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited September 2015
    They probably have a few that rotate in and if you already have an item it resorts to an item you can place multiple times. That would be my guess.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I got 10 donuts in both of my towns. Which I thought was a little weird so that was probably intentional. I should be getting boxes today and tomorrow. I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest the Mystery Boxes will no longer be random though.

i know they are not random anymore
    the prize is predetermined before you open it.
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited September 2015
    Got 10 donuts the last two times.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Without turning this into a long thread on psudorandom number functions (a subject that I am nowhere close to an expert), what Max is saying is that the code for the 'new' boxes to achieve randomness behaves significantly differently from the old boxes. In the new box, the app knows what's inside before you open it. In the old box, the prize was chosen by the app while you opened the box. It's still arguable that both programming options are 'random' though.

What's odd that the recent takedown may have altered something to make it easier for players to spot patterns in the randomness. It'll be interesting to see if the 10 donuts>billboard pattern will continue and be spotted by others, or if other patterns will emerge.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    Without turning this into a long thread on psudorandom number functions (a subject that I am nowhere close to an expert), what Max is saying is that the code for the 'new' boxes to achieve randomness behaves significantly differently from the old boxes. In the new box, the app knows what's inside before you open it. In the old box, the prize was chosen by the app while you opened the box. It's still arguable that both programming options are 'random' though.

What's odd that the recent takedown may have altered something to make it easier for players to spot patterns in the randomness. It'll be interesting to see if the 10 donuts>billboard pattern will continue and be spotted by others, or if other patterns will emerge.

you explained this so much better
    thanks.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    10 donuts yesterday but I'm not sure about the last one....but I believe 5000 event currency thingees.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Per this thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10337055.page below are the probabilities for the MB. But I find it strange that so many got 10 donuts after the take-down. Programs usually "seed" the PRNG with a value that is somewhat random; like the time of day.

Rest is from that thread repeated here for y'all.

These are the actual percentages, not rounded:
    Unique items (55.4%):
    Blue Haired Lawyer: 14.2%
    Squeaky Voiced Teen: 14.2%
    Tire Fire: 14.2%
    Kearney: 6.6%
    Lemon Tree: 6.2%
    -
    Premium, repeatable (18.2%):
    Channel 6 News Van 6.6%
    Itchy Scratchy Billboard: 6.6%
    Lard Lad Donuts: 2%
    10 Donuts: 2%
    30 Donuts: 1%
    -
    Non-premium, repeatable (26.4%):
    1979 Onda: 6.6%
    Bomb Shelter: 6.6%
    Minnow Pond: 6.6%
    Khlav Kalash Stand: 6.6%

After have all the unique items:

Premium (48.977%):
    Channel 6 News Van 12.755%
    Itchy Scratchy Billboard: 12.755%
    Lard Lad Donuts: 8.155%
    10 Donuts: 8.155%
    30 Donuts: 7.155%
    Non-premium (51.022%):
    1979 Onda: 12.755%
    Bomb Shelter: 12.755%
    Minnow Pond: 12.755%
    Khlav Kalash Stand: 12.755%
  • rcb918417
    39 posts
    edited September 2015
    10 donuts, then Itchy and Scratchy billboard.
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    B&W, itchy and scratchy billboard. I don't know, I still don't have a lard lads doughnut.
  • johncolombo
    11567 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

same as me

Same here too
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    If the seed to the PRNG is the same for everyone then we all get the same sequence. That's how PRNGs work. They are not really random; whatever definition of that you take. Randomness is a complex, fascinating subject. So are PRNGs.
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited September 2015
    My last 6 boxes in order have been (excluding the ones during the monorail event) 30 Donuts, Kearny, News Van, Blue-Haired Lawyer, 10 Donuts and Itchy & Scratchy Billboard
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yesterday in my Android game I got 10 donuts. The day before in my iOS game I got an Itchy & Scratchy billboard.

(edited for operating system clarity)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.