EA Forums - Banner

Have you noticed it takes 14 Hours to do visits now?

2Next

Replies

• madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited October 2015
    I get really peed off visiting my neighbours now, everytime it crashes I just close the game and give up, then miss it and go back it crashes I close it, etc etc etc. sorry neighbours.
  • BombayPizza
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    how many neighbors do you visit each day? i collect 500 FP each day
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Kindle Fire user, no crashing, very slow loading between towns, 10-60 seconds each. Only have 50 or so friends.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    When I saw the tittle of this thread I thought they changed the cool-down time to 14 hours. I was a little disappointing when I found out the OP was speaking figuratively.

A misleading thread title is almost as disappointing as buying a double cheeseburger with extra pickles...yet only getting a double cheeseburger with no pickles! Like sheesh McDonalds - listen to your customers!!
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Keep in mind it takes longer to load each new town because we are all at higher levels with more stuff in our towns every month.

With a bunch of level 20 neighbors instead of 4yr vet max levelers you may go through quicker.

You may go through quicker but that's not the problem necessarily.

Two weeks ago I could zip through my towns. Now I can't. ALL my neighbors did not get tons of more stuff overnight. It's EA, not the towns.
  • bgfujino
    500 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm still tapping neighbor's every morning in both town (at the same time) and it's taking me 50 minutes total for all 200. I always crash once near the end on my iPad but not usually on the iPhone. It is certainly slower than it used to be.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Really? I was doing 10FP- 2FP visits last week and it was only taking me less than 10 minutes to hit 40 neighbours.
  • GeorgePatton5
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Something is wrong with your internet/device if it takes you 14 hours for visits. Stop passing the blame.
  • cnations07
    74 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    My loading screen takes between 45 secs and 73 secs per town load. I've given up on doing friend visits for now, I usually only have 10 minutes at a time to play.
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Before the Gil Update, it was taking me 55mins to go through 100 friends. It wasn't crashing for me, but the donut would just sit there after spinning a few minutes.

Now I'm back to a comfortable 30-35mins for 100 Friends.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    When I saw the tittle of this thread I thought they changed the cool-down time to 14 hours. I was a little disappointing when I found out the OP was speaking figuratively.
    lol me too :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • 4junk3000
    6210 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    xamovo wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Keep in mind it takes longer to load each new town because we are all at higher levels with more stuff in our towns every month.

With a bunch of level 20 neighbors instead of 4yr vet max levelers you may go through quicker.

You may go through quicker but that's not the problem necessarily.

Two weeks ago I could zip through my towns. Now I can't. ALL my neighbors did not get tons of more stuff overnight. It's EA, not the towns.

There's many things contributing to lag. I suggested one of many.

Another is, when the FP system is in effect, friend visits are slower as well.

But if you like to believe EA is intentionally slowing the game just to make you mad, suit yourself.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2015
    I am on android and suffer with very slow visits at the moment. I am only doing 30 minutes twice a day at the minute and its taking me a couple of days to do a full cycle. During the halloween event I wil obviously aim to visit every neighbour every day but it could be a struggle if things dont improve a bit. We are victims of the games staying power..... most of my neighbours are L58 or very close. As stated above, the real pain now is the time taken in some towns to actually find stuff to tap..... this is the legacy of the IRS building but I wouldnt want to lose it! I am as guilty as anyone but I do try to leave as many tappables as possible.
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I like to tap early morning, which then leaves me free if I have to work, but at the moment my times keep getting later and all over the place, as it seems to be taking longer and longer which means I miss the odd day trying to get back to normal.

Plus there's often nothing to tap, or you have to spend extra time looking for something to tap. I hope it sorts itself out before Halloween.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hi neighbour :lol: your early morning visit often helps me get up in the morning as Homer tells me its time to put on pants :lol::lol:

• tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    smohqy wrote:
    I managed three whole Friend visits before crashing yesterday. That's a record high. I don't try again in the same day, the frustration level is too high. I just hope I can do more during the Halloween event.

Apologies, but I think my Neighbors understand.

So it's not me, it's you? Whew!
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi neighbour :lol: your early morning visit often helps me get up in the morning as Homer tells me its time to put on pants :lol::lol:

Happy to be of service :roll:

Oh yes nearly forgot to say your Ralph is amazing.
  • tilycoclem
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2015

So it's not me, it's you? Whew! [/quote]

Ditto!
  • edited October 2015
    It's an industry conspiracy, they deliberately slow our pc's and devices down and force up to upgrade to newer products :?
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I just updated to IOS9 and now the game is incredibly laggy. IOS8 I could swipe and scroll through my SF easily, now it's herky-jerky. My neighbor visits were crashing in IOS8, and they still do in IOS9. The load time does seem longer with IOS9. I think there must be a correlation between a SF size and the load time. Neighbors with really crammed SF's seem to take longer to load.

It's almost unbearable to play with IOS9. Can't stand the laggy performance. EA needs to fix it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.