EA Forums - Banner

Which major event was your favourite?

13Next

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Since polls don't let you choose a few at once, I'll make a list.

All the Halloweens get first place. The first one was the best one.
    Second are the Christmas events.
    Third is monorail.
    Fourth is whacking day.
    Fifth is stonecutters.

The rest are all just a random mix. Not too bad but not great. I was happy with them because they gave me something new to do.

Can't wait to see what this Halloween has in store for us. :D
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    My first event was Halloween 2013. Loved THOH 2013 and XMAS 2013 because of the community prizes and personal prizes. My favorite was the Monorail Event because I didn't have to visit all of my 100 friends everyday to unlock the rail yard. Now I can enjoy a mini event plus 5 donuts every week!
  • JoeGola
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    I couldn't say which was my favorite … I like the Halloween ones best, just because they appeal to me thematically. Stonecutter was fun too. They all overstay their welcome nowadays, though; no matter how good they start out, I'm sick of them by the end.

The award for worst is easy — Easter 2014. Stupid fences!
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm a newish player, I started in the middle of Superheros. At this point, I'm not sure which event is my favorite. They all had their good points and bad points.

Superhero - Even though I started in the middle and for the most part didn't know "an event" was going on, I was able to get Radioactive Man, Fallout boy, a couple of skins a several building.

Terwilliger - Pros: 4 major freemium characters. Cons: convoluted crafting system deciding how much to upgrade vs buying stuff. I ended up buying stuff too early instead of upgrading then for my level game I probably upgraded too far before purchasing. There were things I wanted I couldn't grind enough for.

Tapball - Mostly forgettable. Few cute skins and animations.

Monorail - Pros: Monorail and "permanent" supply of Doughnuts. Con: Daily Limits and random nature of the crafting.

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    What about the future events? They're getting no votes and I feel that's both arbitrary and capricious. :-o
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited October 2015
    What about the future events? They're getting no votes and I feel that's both arbitrary and capricious. :-o

Not true, I voted for Christmas 2015 - wasn't it great!! amazing ideas!! - and that was nearly two years ago now.

Now where did I leave the keys to my DeLorean...?
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I loved that event that gave us what we asked for and no one **** about the dynamics, semantics, or free stuff.

You know... That one. :roll:
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I loved that event that gave us what we asked for and no one **** about the dynamics, semantics, or free stuff.

You know... That one. :roll:

So, Xmas 2012?
  • Pyroxenite117
    74 posts
    edited October 2015
    Xmas 2012 for me mainly for its simple approach and great content (Mapple Store, Mel, Barney, SLH, Funzos). I also started playing 3 days before it came out so i guess there is bias as well.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Stonecutters was my favorite, I actually started playing TSTO just a few weeks before the event started.
    I prefer the mechanics of that event to the crafting used now.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I started playing during THOH 2012, and I honestly don't know which event I enjoyed the most. I voted THOH 2013 in the poll which was amazing, but the Superheroes event was just as great. A lot of free content, great new characters and buildings, even some new cutscenes.

My least favorite is probably the Terwilliger event, it was too grindy for my taste although I love having Sideshow Bob and Cecil as playable characters. I don't hate easter and **** as much as most people do, easter had a lot of great prizes where all I'm missing is Shary Bobbins. Even **** was pretty fun with visiting and attacking random towns, I loved making a medieval section in my town aswell.

Maybe this years Halloween will be my next favorite, I hope it will :P
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Stonecutters was my favorite, I actually started playing TSTO just a few weeks before the event started.
    I prefer the mechanics of that event to the crafting used now.

Anything is better than crafting, anything! Yes, this includes the wheel. At least with the stupid wheels you didn't end up with 10,000+ useless crating materials.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Superheros and Tap Ball were the only events I really enjoyed this year (and the mini-Valentine's, *. Patrick's day, and Easter ones). The others were unnecessary I think...
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    There have been a few events with interesting mechanics and good storylines but my favourite event remains Halloween 2012. Absolutely nothing beats squishing zombies. :D
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Terwilligers, followed by Whacking day, followed by Tap Ball, I guess. I really liked the veggie clones. PLUS I LOVE HAVING SIDESHOW BOB in my town!!
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited October 2015
    ...i actually really liked clash of clones!

but my fav was stone cutters, probably. i was super excited when it dropped, i remember that.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mine is Monorail, but that's partly because I've only been playing since July so my choice was that or Tap Ball.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Simuks0803 wrote:
    Someone voted for clash of clones! I can't believe it!

Like I can't believe someone votes for Easter. ..
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Its a toss-up between Stonecutters and Superheroes. I love the Halloween and Christmas events but mainly because of the theme and because tey're always good episodes too.

My least favourites by far are Whacking Day and Clash of Clans. Hated them.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Superheroes too me was the best because of all the buildings and characters I got. Especially radioactive man and the statue. It was also a lot of fun

Second was the Stonecutters because the skins gave a lot of my non premium characters higher payouts

Hated the Terwilliger update which is why I chose that time to nuke.
    Glad I at least got Bob and Cecil though
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.