EA Forums - Banner

(edit) bart glitch fixed!! Call of the Campfire pt 4

Replies

• alexandriamr
    14 posts
    edited October 2015
    Do you have Springfield Library? That is a requirement.

I have it all! I'm level 58 freemium player that has almost everything unlocked. All other tasks in part 3 are done. I sent Bart on his task initially but it didn't register and now when I click to do it the only available person is Martin who is locked.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Using iPad, same glitch for me too. :shock:
  • dsfsfsdf554
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Also using an iPad. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still stuck
  • lexilavalos
    7 posts
    edited October 2015
    I've got the same problem, I've sent Bart to tell a story 6 times already. Every other task says I've done it, I have tapped on Bart again, but nothing. I'm also on an iPad.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same here.

All the other tasks on that popup are completed. The one for Bart has the blue button to "do it" ... when I click that, I get a popup with Martin's picture on it saying "tell a scary story" (but with padlock) ... when I click arrow to close that popup, I get a second popup called "Spooky Campfire" (no number) with "tell a spooky story" as the only option ... when I click that, it comes back to the Martin popup I just described.

Tried already:
    Stored treehouse
    Stored library
    Rebooted
    Force-closed
    Cleared cache
    Synced by going to neighbor screen
    Said several very bad words, in several permutations, at various volumes.

ate two Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Nothing worked.
  • blackgryphon9999
    676 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Using an iPad...stuck as well. Bart did complete telling his spooky story, but it won't register as completed.
  • lucajick
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same here using ipad :(
  • lialhydride
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Same here.

All the other tasks on that popup are completed. The one for Bart has the blue button to "do it" ... when I click that, I get a popup with Martin's picture on it saying "tell a scary story" (but with padlock) ... when I click arrow to close that popup, I get a second popup called "Spooky Campfire" (no number) with "tell a spooky story" as the only option ... when I click that, it comes back to the Martin popup I just described.

Tried already:
    Stored treehouse
    Stored library
    Rebooted
    Force-closed
    Cleared cache

Nothing worked.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I even ate 2 Reese's as well, just to see if it worked for me. Unfortunately, it did not.
  • winterhart812
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same here. Using a Kindle Fire HDX. :(
  • blackgryphon9999
    676 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    just tried it on my iPhone 6. Same issue.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2015

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I even ate 2 Reese's as well, just to see if it worked for me. Unfortunately, it did not.
    I sipped some coffee, brushed my teeth, and took a crap in the toilet. It's hopeless.
  • cjkandtjk
    8 posts
    edited October 2015
    Also can't get Bart to register in one of my towns. The other town worked fine. iPhone 6.
  • jamesqueen91
    23 posts
    edited October 2015
    Tried in android too, doesn't work, for a moment there after I stored the treehouse, Bart made the task once again, and Martin was there too, but still says I need to do it and there's still the lock sign. God, and I was so excited.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    In my other town ...

Placed campfire.
    Clicked Bart ... selected "Tell a Scary Story" from his list (yellow highlight).
    Waited for that to end, and the spooky dialogue to end.
    And THIS time, his task showed on the list as "done"!
    THEN clicked to send the other children to listen to the scary story.

So maybe (?) it was because we sent them at the same time as we sent Bart to tell the story?

I realize that is ONE instance of it working (and I have other towns to test it in) ... but maybe it's why?
  • alexandriamr
    14 posts
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Same here.

Tried already:
    Stored treehouse
    Stored library
    Rebooted
    Force-closed
    Cleared cache

Nothing worked.

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS :lol: I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, but alas it was to no avail. Oh playing on an iPhone 6+, using most updated version. I don't understand WHYYYYY, I've been looking forward to Halloween all year :cry: :evil:
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    worked in one town, stuck in town 2 (I think I sent all the kids too quickly to the task in town 2 as I knew that was coming up)

I tried storing the library, storing the treehouse, logging out logging in/synching/KL, friends (including collecting 3 times from other springfieldetc etc (we can't store the campfire causes the sorry hoarder message

basically, if you haven't done this part yet, let the bart part of pt 3 complete before you send the kids on the 60s task (my best guess)

sigh...nothing like tsto event glitches
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    In my other town ...

Placed campfire.
    Clicked Bart ... selected "Tell a Scary Story" from his list (yellow highlight).

So maybe (?) it was because we sent them at the same time as we sent Bart to tell the story?

I realize that is ONE instance of it working (and I have other towns to test it in) ... but maybe it's why?

I also sent Bart first and didn't have any issues.
  • alexandriamr
    14 posts
    edited October 2015
    nissa762 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    In my other town ...

Placed campfire.

For those of you who waited or having a working game, cool good for you. Now that we seem to have maybe come across the reason to the problem, what can we do to fix it?
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    In my other town ...

Placed campfire.

I sent mine all at the same time as Bart and have the glitch and no Reeses :(
  • blackgryphon9999
    676 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    nissa762 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    In my other town ...

Placed campfire.

I also sent Bart first and I DO have issues... EA, are you listening? Patch it quick, please.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.