EA Forums - Banner

(edit) bart glitch fixed!! Call of the Campfire pt 4

Replies

• BadManWood1
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    same here...
    i've tried to store Martin & Bart, visit friends/krustland do the sync.. etc.

I initially placed the camp fire within SH, would it matter that i placed this inside SH and not springfield?..
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    in 2 towns, I placed the campfire in Springfield (not SH), town 1 I was a bit slower to send the kids on their accompanying 60s task (because I wasn't anticipating it) and everything worked correctly. In town 2 (same device, kindle fire) I placed the kids on their task faster and Bart didn't register

Campfire placement was the same (well, both in Springfield proper, different land squares) but Bart worked in one and didn't in the other
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same problem in A-Town. B and RTTF towns are fine.
  • VICTOR_YUP
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    thats definitely the issue- i tried it in my B town and everything worked fine, sent bart first, then the four kids---- but in my A town, i sent eveyone at once and sent 4+ kids, probly made it glitch

hellllooooo??? EA??????? Are you listening? Can we patch this up please? Im SOOOOO looking forward to getting on with this Crafting 2015 event
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    VICTOR_YUP wrote:
    thats definitely the issue- i tried it in my B town and everything worked fine, sent bart first, then the four kids---- but in my A town, i sent eveyone at once and sent 4+ kids, probly made it glitch

hellllooooo??? EA??????? Are you listening? Can we patch this up please? Im SOOOOO looking forward to getting on with this Crafting 2015 event

But now I see that blackgryphon9999 says they DID send Bart first and yet they DO have the problem. So I guess that we have not found the cause. :(

• jamesqueen91
    23 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hope there's a fix soon, I don't have a second town (well, I have but it's level 12), and I don't wanna lose some important days of this event, we know it took like one week (maybe less or maybe more) to fix the glitch of monorail, but oh well, I hope this comes faster :(
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    VICTOR_YUP wrote:

But now I see that blackgryphon9999 says they DID send Bart first and yet they DO have the problem. So I guess that we have not found the cause. :(

@blackgryphon9999, did Bart complete the entire task (plus the text pop up after before you sent any kids?

because in my third town, the following process worked

(basically do everything in super slow motion, don't stack any tasks)
    place the campfire (in springfield, I didn't test it in SH) and wait for it to build
    then send Bart on his task
    wait for barts task to complete (ie, the task should be marked as done! in the task book) you might have to wait for some text popups
    then send the 4 kids

in the town that is broken I didn't wait for the Bart task to complete

also for completeness the ea report an issue thread is here
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Haloween-Event-Call-of-the-campfire-wont-complete/m-p/4847884#U4847884
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Not starting for me either...
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I completed Bart's task before i had sent all 4 kids, i figured that's where it bugged out.
  • BadManWood1
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Michael,Thank you for reporting this issue. We’ve received reports of this issue from other Customers as well and this issue has been escalated to the concerned Team on high priority. Since getting this fixed is on top of our agenda right now, we are hoping to get it fixed pretty soon.

^^ here is what live support had to say about it.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Problems here as well. Here's to hoping EA gets it fixed soon.

• Corduroysack
    21 posts
    edited October 2015
    Same problem on Android completed all tasks but not registering Bart telling scary story!
  • pothoffrob102
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same problem here. On my Nexus 9 and LG G4.
  • Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited October 2015
    It seems I'm having this problem as well... :cry:

I thought I was fine, since I have a quest for crafting this tree. But I think now that this is not the "normal qustline"...
    What would be the normal quest-task after Bart's storytelling? And who starts it?
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Darn.
    >.<

I'm wondering if I lost all progress for the day and had them roll me back to the morning. Would a do over help?
    Has anyone tried it?
  • dsfsfsdf554
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Michael,Thank you for reporting this issue. We’ve received reports of this issue from other Customers as well and this issue has been escalated to the concerned Team on high priority. Since getting this fixed is on top of our agenda right now, we are hoping to get it fixed pretty soon.

^^ here is what live support had to say about it.

Thanks for making sure they knew!
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2015
    Bueraner04 wrote:
    It seems I'm having this problem as well... :cry:

I thought I was fine, since I have a quest for crafting this tree. But I think now that this is not the "normal qustline"...
    What would be the normal quest-task after Bart's storytelling? And who starts it?

Wondering the same thing, All that i got for my next task was to craft the Spooky Grove... :?
  • lexilavalos
    7 posts
    edited October 2015
    I was reading the posts in the "ask" link and someone wrote that EA has to reset the games of those who can't get past the third pt. Should I post my own complaint or will they be resetting everyone's game?
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I was reading the posts in the "ask" link and someone wrote that EA has to reset the games of those who can't get past the third pt. Should I post my own complaint or will they be resetting everyone's game?

I'm going to wait a bit before I ask for a rollback to see if EA pushes a code fix in an update (since there are so many of us affected (I'm guessing bc people tend to try to do all those tasks at once as a matter of habit), it would be easier to not have to rollback individual towns and just do something that autocompletes Bart's task (like they could make Brandine autocomplete in past events

generally when there is a game wide bug affecting many, I'd rather Ea just address it in a game update rather than bugging a game advisor
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I just got word from EA that they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. I know, I know, not helpful. But at least is should be fixed sooner then later
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.