EA Forums - Banner

(edit) bart glitch fixed!! Call of the Campfire pt 4

124Next

Replies

• johncolombo
    11496 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2015
    I sent Bart first because I didn't see send 4 kids, so I sent then after Bart had finished, so by chance I did it in the correct order. No problems here.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2015
    I sent Bart first because I didn't see send 4 kids, so I sent then after Bart had finished, so by chance I did it in the correct order. No problems here.

After you sent the 4 kids, What was your next task?
    Thanks in advance! :-)
  • johncolombo
    11496 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2015

I did it all so fast I don't remember to be honest. It may have been Have Martin tell a scary story?
    then event kicks off. Then you send all the kids to the campfire to earn smores and the spooky items. Hope that helps.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 2015

I did it all so fast I don't remember to be honest. It may have been Have Martin tell a scary story?
    then event kicks off. Then you send all the kids to the campfire to earn smores and the spooky items. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that was it, I think. I was fortunate that my wifi works quickly enough for me to read the forum posts, yet slow enough that I had to wait on the update to download for a long time. So I was lucky to read the posts and avoid the glitch.
  • Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited October 2015
    well, in 45 minutes we know more. Then my first cycle of Martin's storytelling is finished.
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2015

It does :-) Thanks!
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2015
    bradyc79 wrote:

Yeah, that was it, I think. I was fortunate that my wifi works quickly enough for me to read the forum posts, yet slow enough that I had to wait on the update to download for a long time. So I was lucky to read the posts and avoid the glitch.

Thank you also for the confirmation! :-)
  • Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited October 2015
    Bueraner04 wrote:
    well, in 45 minutes we know more. Then my first cycle of Martin's storytelling is finished.
    yes, it continous for me now :)
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    C'mon EA fix your damn game already you lazy ****. I spent $300+ dollars this game, at least let me play the damn event.
  • lexilavalos
    7 posts
    edited October 2015
    casby wrote:
    I was reading the posts in the "ask" link and someone wrote that EA has to reset the games of those who can't get past the third pt. Should I post my own complaint or will they be resetting everyone's game?

I'm going to wait a bit before I ask for a rollback to see if EA pushes a code fix in an update (since there are so many of us affected (I'm guessing bc people tend to try to do all those tasks at once as a matter of habit), it would be easier to not have to rollback individual towns and just do something that autocompletes Bart's task (like they could make Brandine autocomplete in past events

generally when there is a game wide bug affecting many, I'd rather Ea just address it in a game update rather than bugging a game advisor
    Thanks for the advice. :) I guess I am going to wait it out.

The only bad thing about waiting is... I passed on the advice of some of the other posters and told my younger brother to make Bart go first before sending the other kids. He made it farther than I am right now and he's bragging about the awesome disco zombies and such. It's a pain in the * tbh.
    I said b u t t o c k s and was bleeped out. My bad.
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Add me to the list of people who are stuck with part's Part 3 task not finishing.

:(

I talked to EA and they were aware of the problem and working on a patch (FYI that was ~3hrs ago).

• jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Same thing happened to me on an iPad. I sent all the kids at once. Usually I like to get the event started and then check the forums (trying to avoid total spoilers), but guess I'll know better for next time! :(
  • CamieSpice
    47 posts
    edited October 2015
    Currently on the phone with EA support. Trying to get my game rolled back a few hours in an attempt to get unlocked.

I will let you know of my success/failure.

Edit: Failure... they won't roll back the game.
  • MrPMPisBeefy
    170 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    casby wrote:

@blackgryphon9999, did Bart complete the entire task (plus the text pop up after before you sent any kids?

because in my third town, the following process worked

(basically do everything in super slow motion, don't stack any tasks)
    place the campfire (in springfield, I didn't test it in SH) and wait for it to build
    then send Bart on his task
    wait for barts task to complete (ie, the task should be marked as done! in the task book) you might have to wait for some text popups
    then send the 4 kids

in the town that is broken I didn't wait for the Bart task to complete

also for completeness the ea report an issue thread is here
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Haloween-Event-Call-of-the-campfire-wont-complete/m-p/4847884#U4847884

My game is working fine. I did everything like you did above except I placed my campfire in SH. I hope this gets fixed for everyone experiencing it.
  • chud3
    12 posts
    edited October 2015
    i've been waiting for about 20 minutes now, with no luck on support.

• LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    It's patched now.
  • chud3
    12 posts
    edited October 2015
    well done ea!
  • Fingerpopping58
    120 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Felici86 wrote:
    Same in my Main town. Was no Problem in my Second town, arghhh

Same problem here. Just out of interest what levels are each of your towns? Mine are 58 (main) and 52 (second). I wonder if the level of our main towns might be the issue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.