EA Forums - Banner

What happens if we don't craft Hugo or other items, does it block anything else ?

Prev1
There is a Hugo quest with Bart, if that matters.

Replies

• 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    LPN's chart of daily challenges (starting Oct 12) has a task in week 1: craft something, and in week 2 two tasks: send Hugo to make s'mores and craft something. So unless the daily challenges expire or can be skipped you might want to craft at least two items - Hugo for the first crafting challenge and something else for the second. Of course, the prizes for daily challenges look to be crafting materials so you could skip them altogether I suppose.
  • 4junk3000
    5314 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    There's quite a few craftables that I don't really want so would rather save up resources. I know that means the questline from the cauldron icon won't complete, but does it actually block us from getting stuff further down the line - Hugo seems to have his own quest, but can't see that anything else depends on it ?

I'm reading a lot of resistance to craft items because the items are already owned. Ok i get that.

My question is, what else would you use the currency for?

I can't tell if there's overlap for the currency. Is each unwanted craft item all the same currency or each is different, and that currency could be used elsewhere?

My first impression was that if you didn't craft, you'd just have a surplus of snake eggs. Is this incorrect?

Thx!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    There's quite a few craftables that I don't really want so would rather save up resources. I know that means the questline from the cauldron icon won't complete, but does it actually block us from getting stuff further down the line - Hugo seems to have his own quest, but can't see that anything else depends on it ?

I'm reading a lot of resistance to craft items because the items are already owned. Ok i get that.

I can't tell if there's overlap for the currency. Is each unwanted craft item all the same currency or each is different, and that currency could be used elsewhere?

My first impression was that if you didn't craft, you'd just have a surplus of snake eggs. Is this incorrect?

Thx!

There are other things coming later, according to LPN's thread, that use the currencies. For example, I think the eggs can be used to craft Spooky Walls, which had a multiplier if I remember.
  • 4junk3000
    5314 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

Thx!

There are other things coming later, according to LPN's thread, that use the currencies. For example, I think the eggs can be used to craft Spooky Walls, which had a multiplier if I remember.
    But his walkthrough shows the prizes are in sequence, so if you don't complete the previous, the tasks stall. You would not be able to craft the later items? I'm uncertain.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Uh-oh. Are we sure they're in sequence? I hope not. I don't need another spooky house.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:

Thx!

But his walkthrough shows the prizes are in sequence, so if you don't complete the previous, the tasks stall. You would not be able to craft the later items? I'm uncertain.

I don't think you have to proceed in the quest line in order to craft items. You should be able to start crafting other items as soon as Act 2 starts, regardless of what you've crafted in Act 1. At least, that's what I'm hoping for...
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    Uh-oh. Are we sure they're in sequence? I hope not. I don't need another spooky house.

I THINK you just wouldnt get the completion bonuses. It shouldn't affect your ability to craft other things.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Why do you not want Hugo? He's awesome and he helps with the campfire tasks.

There's no task to "Craft Hugo." I haven't gotten any more of those since I crafted the Spooky House.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Probably because he has one already?

I have two Spooky Houses and one Hugo - I have enough, plus I don't think we can get 2 Hugos.

What then?
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • cnations07
    74 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, I crafted a second spooky house, to complete Rigelian Nightmare Q3, but then the quest for crafting stuff just stopped. I do have Hugo already, but I didn't see a quest to craft him, and I haven't seen any quests subsequent to crafting the spooky house.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2015
    I think if you have hugo already .. then "MY brother's Keeper Pt.1 " starts... atleast thats what happened for me..
  • cnations07
    74 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Rickydevil wrote:
    I think if you have hugo already .. then "MY brother's Keeper Pt.1 " starts... atleast thats what happened for me..

Me also. But none of the rest of the Rigelian quests started, perhaps those will show up in Act two. *shrug* I dunno.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Since I have many of the items, and no more room in my SF along with many items in storage I want to get rid of but can't.

So will not complete the Thanksgiving quest, just crafting those items I don't have.

For EA--PLEASE let us sell items from events, as well as those that you won't let us sell now & RETURN the option to sell bonsai plants again.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    So.....should I just spend all my snake eggs, rib bones, brains etc because I can't use them later, or can I save them up for act 2???? I sure don't need anymore dead trees or spooky trees, but I love the group of trees with faces and will craft more of them.

Does anyone know for sure that the brains, eggs, bunny ears, and rib bones can be used in act 2&3???
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    shawn59736 wrote:
    So.....should I just spend all my snake eggs, rib bones, brains etc because I can't use them later, or can I save them up for act 2???? I sure don't need anymore dead trees or spooky trees, but I love the group of trees with faces and will craft more of them.

Does anyone know for sure that the brains, eggs, bunny ears, and rib bones can be used in act 2&3???

Yes you can use them after act one. Check out LPN's walkthrough sticky, there is link to all of the crafting items available in act 2 & 3.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2015
    same stuff to craft items in act 2 and 3 .. so yes.. they can be used later..
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I've looked at this a bit more and think that the side quests don't affect the Act prizes or craftables. That's the basis I'll be working on anyway.

Don't really need Hugo, lots of kids at campfire already and will spend on other things. Also assuming that eggs, brains, bunnies, bones carry over but smores will change to something else for Act 2.
  • Rickydevil
    204 posts
    edited October 2015
    hugo being a character is probably one of the best prizes in the event :/

and yes the s'mores will change but the crafting stuff remains the same
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Weird. I have hugo from last year and no quest started with him. I also don't get an option for him to help around the camp fire.
  • mjmikulski
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    Weird. I have hugo from last year and no quest started with him. I also don't get an option for him to help around the camp fire.

He's around my fire right now and I obtained him from a previous event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!