EA Forums - Banner

Multiple Towns

I have three towns. I can't remember when I started the second town (I believe I was at about level 40-ish), but I did it because I thought it would be fun to play from the beginning. The third town I have is for the Race to the Finish competition (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10341096.page), which was for fun, and to come up with new walk throughs/guides/help for new players.
I haven't been very active in my other towns because my main town takes priority and with all the events, I just don't have the time to manage three towns.

Replies

• susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    kimmah003 wrote:
    I have three towns. I can't remember when I started the second town (I believe I was at about level 40-ish), but I did it because I thought it would be fun to play from the beginning. The third town I have is for the Race to the Finish competition (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10341096.page), which was for fun, and to come up with new walk throughs/guides/help for new players.
    I haven't been very active in my other towns because my main town takes priority and with all the events, I just don't have the time to manage three towns.

I'm ever so tempted to start a second but i think logging in and out would drive me mad, and like you number 1 would take priority!
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I started off with one town and two devices, but kept getting error messages and losing progress when switching between them so seemed simpler to have one town on each.

In my main town I play premium, ie buy donuts, but the B town is totally freemium no extras so quite a way behind, and not my priority when busy. I also have no other neighbours (by choice) so it can be useful to have the second town to boost friendship points a little and send stuff during events.
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I started off with one town and two devices, but kept getting error messages and losing progress when switching between them so seemed simpler to have one town on each.

In my main town I play premium, ie buy donuts, but the B town is totally freemium no extras so quite a way behind, and not my priority when busy. I also have no other neighbours (by choice) so it can be useful to have the second town to boost friendship points a little and send stuff during events.

I completely get you with your first point. I play on both my phone and iPad and am forever getting the 'your logged in on another device' blue screen of death!! Pain
  • MonsterMazh
    296 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I also have two towns - my main town and my RTTF (race to the finish) town.

So I started my RTTF town just over a year after I started my first town. I joined the "race" on an impulse. But I am really glad that I did. A sort of "mini-community" has developed, as it is a lot of fun to share the ups and downs of the game with people who are in a similar position with you. For me it has been also been an amazing learning experience and I now know a lot more amount the game. I spend a lot of time on my RTTF town...(too much probably!) and a lot less (24 hour tasks mostly) on my main.

There are a number of different reasons people have more than one town. Some people develop second towns to help their other towns - so they become "feeder towns", others because they have more than one device (although I am lucky to be able to play my RTTF town on two devices without any issues) and others because they want to try out different design - I have seen a few very creative and unusual second towns.

Sent from my iPad
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I also have two towns - my main town and my RTTF (race to the finish) town.

I joined the "race" on an impulse. But I am really glad that I did. A sort of "mini-community" has de/ veloped, as it is a lot of fun to share the ups and downs of the game with people who are in a similar position with you. For me it has been also been an amazing learning experience and I now know a lot more amount the game. I spend a lot of time on my RTTF town...(too much probably!) and a lot less (24 hour tasks mostly) on my main.

There are a number of different reasons people have more than one town. Some people develop second towns to help their other towns - so they become "feeder towns", others because they have more than one device (although I am lucky to be able to play my RTTF town on two devices without any issues) and others because they want to try out different design - I have seen a few very creative and unusual second towns.

Sent from my iPad

This :D

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I've got a couple of extra towns. Doing certain testing was easier that way rather than trying to coordinate with someone else. Other than the occasional testing, I rarely go into them and I keep them hidden on my main town.

I could use my other towns to flood my main town with droppables during an event like this, but the benefit doesn't seem worth the effort.
  • 4junk3000
    5537 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I have a second town. It is totally neglected and has no neighbors but me.

When i started this game, the event at the time was such that you could give yourself presents i think. So like others, i made a spare town to take advantage. Similar to these purple blobs.

But for me, it quickly got tedious logging in and out, and i just abandoned it. so i don't use it at all, unless i want to see my town as a visitor.

It you think you'd benefit being your own neighbor, you can make one. But twice as much tap maintenance isnt worth it vs getting other live neighbors.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    It used to be really easy to manage 2 towns and there wasn't much actions if you only get one town. But now with all the time demanding events, the monorail weekly donuts, SH requiring every 2 minutes logons, it is virtually impossible for me to keep my feeder town updated. I find cant imagine how people keep 2-3 towns all up to date in everything.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I started playing my primary A town sometime last summer. I just didn't get the game and said "I'll come back to it when I have more time".

I tried playing a couple of times after that some weeks apart and couldn't figure out what was going on because the game kept changing.

Early in October I decided to try again and started doing research to figure out how to play the game (which is when I found these forums). That's when I started playing in earnest - right at the start of THOH 2014. I needed kids to Trick-or-Treat for the prizes, and all I had was Lisa. I was wishing I could afford to buy some donuts and finally remembered all the iTunes credit I had left over from gift cards I got (I asked for ONE $15 or $20 card and wound up with almost $100 worth, then spent about $8).

The problem: I was playing on a Nexus 7. No way to access the iTunes credit from it. So I started trying to transfer my game to an iOS device. I went through several attempts on newer devices I borrowed, but I couldn't access my account on them.

I finally gave my old 2nd generation iPod Touch a shot. I'd figured that it was so old that the game wouldn't even install on it, since most recent games wouldn't. But it installed and.... Accidentally started a new game. I finally figured out how to get out of it and log into my existing game and buy some donuts, but in the meantime I realized that I had pretty much forgotten what went on in the beginning stages of the game so I started playing my way through to refresh my memory.

Long story short (I know, way too late for that) I decided to continue playing the second game "just to see how a freemium game would compare to a Premium game in THOH.

Now I play my second game on an iPad MIni that I requested for my Birthday just so I could keep playing the second game.

Meanwhile I've moved my Primary game from the Nexus 7 to a Galaxy Tab A 8.0. The Nexus started getting really slow with Android 5.0 (plus I was jealous of the size of the iPad Mini).
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I started my first three side towns way back during the first Halloween update. I had 4 emails at the time so I figured, why not. I used the three side towns to egg/toilet paper me and my wife's towns.

Then Whacking Day came along and it was a nightmare finding snakes in neighbors towns. I discovered that you can create towns without real email accounts. So me and my wife made several small towns to collect in. When it was all said and done we had/have 26 towns between the two of us. They came in handy during the stackables glitch as well(75 tiles or corn harvest a day if wanted). They are also handy when collecting from houses because we placed 84 brown houses in each of them (6 taps a day for 2 weeks)

We each tried maintaining a couple of them but it got to be too much work. They usually just sit there and do nothing. Currently, I have gone into each of them and made 12 of them produce snakes (because they are still a pain to find in neighbors town) and the other 12 produce zombies (because I didn't have enough doughnuts in those towns to rush to the point of snakes).
  • melibeli55
    18 posts
    edited October 2015
    I have 2 towns.

Basically the main reason why I created a second town is because in the very beginning of the game you are required to have 10 neighbors (If I remember correctly. Don't quote me on the exact number.) So I created a second town so that I could reach the required number of neighbors needed. But now the reason why I have two towns is because during events like the current Halloween event, it allows me to do something while my main town is currently working on tasks. :)

I think I've had 2 towns for about 2 years now? I can't really remember.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.