EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• eraofaquarius
    6 posts
    edited October 2015
    Not getting credit for nightmares and smores as well. Edit. Its actually just the nightmares im stuck on campfire level 3. Grr! Plenty of taping going on.

Still no progress in reciving credit for nightmares. Stuck on level 3. Ive reopened app and exited the app several times.

Going to try to reboot my actual tablet. Which is a samsung.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nat2zz
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    I have two issues. First, my Monty Moneybags skin is gone even though I have the money mountain and finished the quest. I also just won the Mulberry Island it is not in my inventory. Any ideas on how to fix?
  • nat2zz
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    I have two issues. First, my Monty Moneybags skin is gone even though I have the money mountain and finished the quest. I also just won the Mulberry Island it is not in my inventory. Any ideas on how to fix?
  • cryscryb
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Yep, this is maddening. The Halloween event is unplayable. My counts stopped progressing so I can't get past campfire level 2. It doesn't matter if I visit friend towns or krustyland (worked for the monorail event problem). I've removed and reinstalled the game...all the usual fixes. I'm going to miss out on stuff and never be able to catch up on. I've spent donuts for nothing. I've been playing for over two years and spent money on the game...I never thought I'd quit, but I'm considering it. Playing this event is meaningless and an exercise in frustration. :|
  • sosillay1
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Been working on trying to upgrade my campfire..... so when one taps on the "nightmare" (ie bunnies skeletons zombies ) that's what should be calculated towards one's upgrade. For some reason I've must have squished a hundred nightmares and they aren't counted toward my goal..... why? Please fix this glitch.... I wanna upgrade!
  • roby-o962
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    Same has happened to me only zombies coming so no upgrade
  • whangdoodle
    3 posts
    edited October 2015
    Edit - just went back into game after a force push notice, and now it appears to be working fine. Thanks.

My issue is with the new Evil Shopkeeper's Challenge.

I placed the building, tapped on it then selected "Go To" Evil Shopkeeper's Challenges.

The menu that opens has a blank area where the challenges would appear, and all of the text and the two buttons (pink use doughnuts and blue complete button) are all on top of each other. The text box where the quest description would appear just says "Progress Text".

Steps taken to fix this: 1) Force Close game and clear cache. 2) Check the Google Play store for an update.
    Neither made a difference.

lQzbAnx.png

Another unrelated issue I had was the game never prompted me to update and did not show up in the "My Apps" section as a game that needed to be updated in the Google Play store. I had to go to the game page itself (in the Play store) to see that an update was available for the Halloween event and download it from there.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rseman
    3 posts
    edited October 2015
    sosillay1 wrote:
    Been working on trying to upgrade my campfire..... so when one taps on the "nightmare" (ie bunnies skeletons zombies ) that's what should be calculated towards one's upgrade. For some reason I've must have squished a hundred nightmares and they aren't counted toward my goal..... why? Please fix this glitch.... I wanna upgrade!

I was having the same issue, but I figured it out (though it's still not working exactly right). Each campfire upgrade requires a specific nightmare to level up. So if you need bunnies (it tells you on the upgrade page) then tapping skeletons won't help you. You need to have the right story teller change what is spawning (but this is what doesn't always work).
  • tracey63anne
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    My nightmares have vanished !!!! I have found none for over 24 hours now yet I keep getting messages telling me my town is over run with them. They must be invisible in which case can you please send me some glasses to be able to see them :D I haven't managed to get past level 1 my poor camp fire is so low I will never catch up
  • wolfie7873195
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    About a week ago, my game started exhibiting a strange graphics glitch. I can only describe it as an incorrect layering of objects. For example, if a character is walking in front of a building, they disappear behind the building with only their feet visible along the sidewalk. Similar with buildings that are side by side. The building in the "down" and "left" position should be "on top" of the stack of visible objects, but that's not the case. Makes seeing things nearly impossible.
  • dianecrystal
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I kept my Model Donut character and now she's missing. Cant be found in inventory or anywhere in my town.
  • edited October 2015
    I haven't had zombies nor nightmares for 6 days. My daily challenge is to tap 30 zombies. Would love to if I had any! I contacted EA help who assured me the bug was known about and would be fixed soon. No chance of getting my 20 Donut reward in this update! This has effectively ruined Halloween 2015 for me.
  • Philip28755
    4 posts
    edited October 2015
    Tapping the Zombies is not counting towards the daily task. Everytime I click do it and squish the number stays at 0/30
  • Gaybison
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    Ol? , meu jogo travou, n?o consigo abrir nem o menu , ele me manda direto pra apostar no canil e mesmo tendo rosquinhas ele diz que n?o tenho dinheiro pra fazer a aposta e n?o consigo mexer em nada ! Como posso arrumar? Obrigada
  • yohankwon
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hi,

My Fat Tony is trapped inside the L.A Body Works, stuck doing the "recruit some muscle" task ever since the update on L.A Body Works. Please help me retrieve my Fat Tony or else I can't do the quest line!!!!!!!

Tried storing some building, however, it didn't help.
  • cuclmiii
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    I don't think the campfire is spawning the correct number of snakes (or whatever nightmare is currently spawning). Once all the makes smores tasks finished, I clicked all the snakes on the game and my total was still well short of what it should have been just based on those tasks.

And shouldn't the campfire be spawning some in addition to the ones spawned by the tasks?

I thought the numbers were low in the previous times I had run through the tasks but this last time I watched the numbers closely.
  • Spork67
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    I am also having issues with not getting credit for tapping nightmares. The numbers don't add.

In addition, I have been unable to use the Office of Unemployment since the Halloween update.
  • hammrsgl
    10 posts
    edited October 2015
    Same issue, cannot use unemployment office for bulk tasks. The little clockwork house with the Halloween update, if I go to the house icon in top right and let it display the tasks for a few seconds the game shuts down, every single time. I tap nightmares and they don't add. Just did the clock house third task for 15 s'mores making and it didn't register. In the bottom right it shows "do it" arrow but over the top, the 0/15 - overlaps each other. I have to Constantly switch between upgrade fire and clock windows and try to quickly read what I need to do. Why didn't my s'more making count? Even if you only get one credit against the 15 required for one child doing the activity, I have at least 10 youngsters making them.

The game is now constantly crashing, I can only visit four friends then it crashes, with the final friend visited, anything I earn there, not registering and it says I can't visit again for 24 hours.

Really tired of these issues.
  • jep471
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    I'm stuck on (The call of the campfire pt 5) it says I still need to collect event currenccy to unlock 1st prize. I can not use the office of unemployment. I can only get Martin to tell scary stories at the campfire which means I can not spawn the snakes or bunnies or skeletons. The house of evil does not work as well it will crash the game after I try to do anything in the challenge. Please fix this I'm tired of the issues and just want the game to work. I may stop wasting my money on buying donuts if this can't be fixed. I have tried to visit krusty land and that didn't work I have uninstalled and reinstalled tried on another device non of which as worked.
  • jen879
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hello,

Fallout Boy is considered a youngster for some jobs but not to collect s'mores at the campfire. Is this an error?

Thanks,
    Jen

"Jen879"