EA Forums - Banner

Goodbye BarryRiddle (?)

Replies

• jen0912
    243 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Sadly, I've lost interest in the game and while I may return someday, I really don't think it'll be anytime soon. I still browse this forum because my wife still plays and I'd like to inform her if any glitches or problems are happening.

I will miss a lot of you guys and gals. I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
    Barry

Noooooooooooooooooo :cry::cry::cry:
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Sadly, I've lost interest in the game and while I may return someday, I really don't think it'll be anytime soon. I still browse this forum because my wife still plays and I'd like to inform her if any glitches or problems are happening.

Take care,
    Barry

Just checked out the Hoth diorama. Wow :!:
  • jjluv1500
    307 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    NEWSFLASH ___

BARRY spotted outside the chicken ranch in Las Vegas....details at 11:00
  • eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'll miss you and your town Barry!

I hope you come back some day, I'll keep you in my list just in case.
  • Willy9292
    1761 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    So long Barry. I visited this forum but did not post for a long long time, and was looking for the tone of the forum, how tolerant it was of newbies and repeated questions.
    Barry always had time to answer, and was the first person I ever PM'd ( FC ) and was very gracious to me.
    I will miss his posts very much.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I hope that he will return...I always appreciated his sense of humor! His showcase submissions were at the very least inspiring!

Take care Barry...you will be missed.
    D'oh!!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Goodbye Barry! :cry: Come back soon!
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    What a brilliant thrill to know you for so long, even in cyberspace. Glitches and all. So long!

giphy.gif
  • chajuishuh
    228 posts
    edited October 2015
    Bye for now Barry.. your designs were a constant source of inspiration for me and many others.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    A few months ago, I was browsing a certain list-based comedy website. Oddly enough, right above an entry about someone who built The Homer IRL was a very familiar diorama. I thought about how although we were never neighbors, you were always cool to me, had good information regarding the game, and made me laugh more times than I can count (not that I can count, but it MUST have been at least three times :mrgreen: ). Whatever you do, you do the HELL out of it. Be it a scale model Battle of Hoth, designing your Springfield (as mentioned by so many of your neighbors), or making funnies. Hope springs eternal that I'm reading this correctly and you're still going to be around the forum sometimes, but instead of playing the hell out of TSTO, you'll be playing the hell out of your new PS4. Either way, I'm glad I met you. Please never stop being awesome.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Take care,
    Barry
    Damn Barry sorry to see you go! I hope you do come back someday. With that said you did have a good run, but like all good things sometimes they come to an end. It was good while it lasted. :)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    During Halloween?
    IMG_0588_zpsuljcrrl0.png

Well, try changing that diaper again :twisted:
    ...& ditto all the super swell stufff everyone else said!

I'm certain we'll see ya back if / when the Force beckons...
    GyML8fst_zpsgb1d4b50.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Barry you've been such an awesome neighbor. You're an amazing designer even though you'd never admit it. Hopefully your Tapped Out withdrawals begin sooner rather than later so we can enjoy a very Barry Christmas.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Take care,
    Barry

Good luck neighborino :thumbup:
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    empathy77 wrote:
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Edit (I was writing this when Barry popped in):

You're right, Clarke, about him being in the Hall of Fame as a designer and forum member. There's simply no one better at telling a story with a handful of pixels than Barry, and I for one value even higher all he has done for this forum.

(For those who would titter about him leaving, I suggest you look through the Showcase threads of the last couple years. See how often he's in there encouraging members both new and old to the forum. Ask yourselves how often you've taken the time to do that.)

I hope he plays again because I'll miss visiting my friend's town to see what he's been up to.
    ^This
    Well, Barry will remain one of my neighbors and I'll be awaiting his return.....
    ^And this

^^ All of the above.

I'm keeping you as a neighbor Barry in the hope that one day you come back.

Thanks for always being kind and bloody funny.
  • RexBanner00
    55 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    So long Barry, one of my best neighbours. I'll keep your spot open in case you decide to return one day.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Take care,
    Barry

Just checked out the Hoth diorama. Wow :!:
    f

That's nuthin. Look at Mark Hamill's commentary about Barry's diorama, about 50 seconds into this youtube video. (We also get to see what Barry looks like.)

If I were Mark, I'd be sure Barry didn't have to stand in any lines on December 18th. :)

(Enjoy your new PS4, Barry. Sounds like you're gonna have a blast.)
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks so very much for the love, everyone.

tumblr_ntfqcg0CuP1qa8o34o1_400.gif
  • BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Best of luck in your newfound tap free endeavours. I envy any long timers ability to walk away. The sickness is still too strong to give it up here.

Will save your spot as others have mentioned.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Glad you'll still be around the forum. Thank you for dropping by our RTTF thread!
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.