EA Forums - Banner

Halloween Update, loads and crashes.....

Prev1
You tell 'em
i haven't been able to play since rhe Halloween update. Game crashes before it loads.

Replies

• JediBrent
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    I have the exact same problem, on all three of the devices I tried this morning. AND IT'S MY DAY OFF!!!
    There was a small update this morning and EA you have destroyed my breakfast fun!!
    I was happily tapping away last night, but this morning..... there was a small update, and then CRASH.
    The game loads in, spooky music, the characters are walking around, up pops the screen Item Unlocked, use these Resources to craft extra prizes, Tap, and crash. Reopened, uninstalled, even opened my game on an Android phone, but the same over and over.

So I'm venting on here, as EA has ruined my small amount of joy while I eat my breakfast, before I go off to work.

FIX IT EA....! you have 8hrs. The clock is ticking it better be working before I get home!
  • paige5999
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    There was a small update this morning and EA you have destroyed my breakfast fun!!
    I was happily tapping away last night, but this morning..... there was a small update, and then CRASH.
    The game loads in, spooky music, the characters are walking around, up pops the screen Item Unlocked, use these Resources to craft extra prizes, Tap, and crash. Reopened, uninstalled, even opened my game on an Android phone, but the same over and over.

So I'm venting on here, as EA has ruined my small amount of joy while I eat my breakfast, before I go off to work.

FIX IT EA....! you have 8hrs. The clock is ticking it better be working before I get home!

This exact same thing is happening to me!! I tried all the usual steps and it doesn't work on my iPad or my iPhone. Grrrr!
  • X-Judge-J-X
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Well EA I am a little more than disappointed. Its been a full 12 hours and still nothing, crash after crash. I want donuts or something to sweeten the blow when you finally pull yourselves together and fix your coding bugs.
    I have 12 tapping hours to catch up on - I'm behind on the tasks..... what are you all doing to ease my tapped out withdrawl symptoms!
  • Diznynt12
    16 posts
    edited October 2015
    They said they won't give us anything unless it lasts over 48 hours. I was on the phone with them last night. I point blank asked about getting caught up in the event. The customer service rep said if it's not fixed in 48 hours to call back so they can do something. Of course they did not say what
  • JediBrent
    2 posts
    edited October 2015
    Still the same problem here as well, CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!
    So I'm now behind in the Halloween event, AND my Monorail track pieces. :(
  • GodlessSquash
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I just got off the phone with EA and all they would say is that they are aware of the problem and that a solution would be forthcoming. However, when I asked for an estimate they wouldn’t give me one – not even to say that it would happen within 24 hours.

As for contacting them, try this link:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

All day it has shown me a 15-30 minute wait-time for the recommended Live Chat and no wait-time for Call Me. I tried Live Chat first and it timed out repeatedly after waiting more than 30 minutes. This afternoon I tried the other option and the phone rang almost immediately after I clicked Call Me; however, I did not get the feeling that I was talking to anyone who had any kind of a clue about anything.

To add insult to injury, that ticket/case now shows as "Resolved, " which it most certainly is NOT.
  • Bones1911463
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mine stopped working four days ago. I've been on and off phone with ea, yet I just keep getting a run around. Kinda sucks since we are going to be behind in the Halloween update
  • X-Judge-J-X
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    We're up and running. Thank you EA - now I must start the catch up!
  • Bones1911463
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Well day five of still more crashing, there won't be no catch up here. Maybe I'll just hang up the hat, and retire.
  • cleoii
    9 posts
    edited October 2015
    EXACT SAME ISSUE!!! So frustrating! :x
  • PlessersM82
    5 posts
    edited October 2015
    Mine crashed completely and I've been playing for more then a year now, was at level 57 and now I'm at level 1 and it won't open anymore :(
  • ednatwilight
    12 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hey I just upgraded the campfire to lv. 4 and started on lv.5 but I didn't get my spooky tent I look everywhere it has a check mark so I know dont know what to do how do I get it
  • Bugzke85
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    Same problem here since act 2 went live.

Game loads, you can login and during loading after you logged in it crashes.

On all devices.
    Other account works, so it seems account related.

Any solution to this problem?
  • 85StiG
    60 posts
    edited October 2015
    same here. Load... aaaand crash
  • edited October 2015
    Hey I just upgraded the campfire to lv. 4 and started on lv.5 but I didn't get my spooky tent I look everywhere it has a check mark so I know dont know what to do how do I get it

I don't have the mechanical ghost even though it says that I've crafted it and it's in my town. I'm on level 5.
  • purpplanet
    4 posts
    edited October 2015
    Started crashing for me not long after act 2 was released. Crafted some of the new items and did a couple goals but then just quit working. Still not able to log on and fear of falling behind. Hopefully we will get time extensions. I logged out and back in, deleted game and reinstalled, and tried resetting phone also no to avail. This is definitely more of a trick than treat. Cheers
  • mightymeeps
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I've been unable to launch the game when logged into my origin account from my kindle & android tablet since late yesterday. Just finished a chat w/ EA....they say a patch is coming & to wait 24 hrs before trying to log in again....guess I'll wait & see if it works tomorrow.
  • CamieSpice
    47 posts
    edited October 2015
    you got more out of EA support than I did... they told me that I had to wait to start an email resolution with them.... When did they tell you a patch was coming out?
  • mightymeeps
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    CamieSpice wrote:
    you got more out of EA support than I did... they told me that I had to wait to start an email resolution with them.... When did they tell you a patch was coming out?

They didn't give me a firm answer for when, just said a patch would be coming out soon that will resolve the issue and to wait 24 hrs before trying to log back in....and that conversation took place approx 8pm EST. So that implies it'll happen tomorrow.

I hope it gets fixed tomorrow....but I'm not banking on it. From the comments here it seems like a very isolated problem which only a 'lucky' few of us are experiencing.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    The latest update did NOT fix the issue on my G4. I have been dealing with this issue since day before 2nd part of event started!!! I was not able to collect any of the last day of event prizes.

EA help rep told me EA is not planning on doing anything to retrieve anything I lost or may lose.

EA rep also told me this 'glitch' would be fixed as soon as the next update came out. That was Tuesday evening. I installed the update, and NOTHING. :? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :cry::cry: :evil: :evil:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.