EA Forums - Banner

Halloween 2015 Haunted Campfire Designs

124Next

Replies

• benwilkie4759
    7 posts
    edited October 2015
    Some great ideas going on. My first post on here and a work in progress until more unlocks. :)

simpsons.png
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    anna22478 wrote:
    ndeeka wrote:
    anna22478 wrote:
    Not easy to stitch with the shaded edges but this is mine at the moment, as usual it's changing along the way.

http://i.imgur.com/uzW42v1l.jpg
    Wow, that's a big patch of land you've got there... impressive!

Those shades are a real pain indeed. I've found the only way for a 'clear' picture is to make much more screenshots so that the stitching program will have much more overlap and will stitch the screenshots based on brightness. This will then eliminate the dark shading in the center of the compiled picture.

Thank you, I only started playing last November so haven't bought all the land yet. Got plenty more to play with :) my current plots are costing between 125,000 & 300,000 so that will give u an idea of where I am up to on the map. When I have a bit more time I plan to screenshot my whole town but I will wait for the Halloween shading to go first. I just use the blueship Collage app on iPad to stitch which is a pain for large areas as you have to shrink each frame to get them all in but it's not easy to shrink them all to exactly the same size. I'm looking for a better app to do it if you have any suggestions.
    If you can wait buying the plots then do, because sometimes the prizes drop significantly when a new level is introduced.

With regard to a stitching app I fear cannot help as I'm an Android player. Besides that, I don't stitch on my tablet, but rather email myself the print screens and stitch them on my PC using Microsoft ICE.

With you being an iPad player, I assume you have a Mac in which case I would suggest to try Hugin which is developed for multiple OS. (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/). I've used this in the past... it is very demanding but it can give excellent results.

For both programs you don't need to resize anything. Just make sure that your printscreens have the same zoom-factor and have enough overlap and you're good to go.
  • lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Still working on it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • moelleb
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Here's mine. I'm still playing around with it though as it looks a little off.
    2qc165w.jpg
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited October 2015
    This is a temporary place for my campfire.If I have more land, I will place it in a forest.
    Afbeelding2_zpsbqsd9fkq.png
  • justicarjasper
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mine is in a WIP creepy forest area, with a mind to move it deeper once there's more land:

iA72rIF.png

As for the Halloween stuff I don't see as a permanent addition to my design, that's in the Halloween Faire on the promenade:

5czwp89.png
  • lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    It is starting to come out the way I was trying for. EJw2nNu.jpg
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    I redid my design (third one already :roll: ) and although I think it is less creepy, I have it in my town for well over a week now.

TSTO_halloweenField20151030_stitch.png.jpg
    bigger version: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ejbb7svV4z0/VjOrLiiRjWI/AAAAAAAAANA/Dxr6liTrCk0/s1500-Ic42/TSTO_halloweenField20151030_stitch.png.jpg

I'm about to do yet another design where I will probably add water once again, because I think it contributes to the creepiness. It will also include more Wailing walls.
    Although Act 3 will introduce Biohazrad walls/tower, I won't be using them in the Halloween design, they will end up around the nuclear plant and/or Frinks area.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited November 2015
    ndeeka wrote:
    I redid my design (third one already :roll: ) and although I think it is less creepy, I have it in my town for well over a week now.

TSTO_halloweenField20151030_stitch.png.jpg
    bigger version: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ejbb7svV4z0/VjOrLiiRjWI/AAAAAAAAANA/Dxr6liTrCk0/s1500-Ic42/TSTO_halloweenField20151030_stitch.png.jpg

I'm about to do yet another design where I will probably add water once again, because I think it contributes to the creepiness. It will also include more Wailing walls.
    Although Act 3 will introduce Biohazrad walls/tower, I won't be using them in the Halloween design, they will end up around the nuclear plant and/or Frinks area.

I really like it. Always scrolling around when i visited!
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    As for the Halloween stuff I don't see as a permanent addition to my design, that's in the Halloween Faire on the promenade:

5czwp89.png

This is very clever!
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I tried a few designs with the campfire, but I like this one the most

VkFqqeSl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.