EA Forums - Banner

Crashing

yup, just had a major update again... STILL can't log into the game... It's been 4 days now.

Replies

• Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Since yesterday night every time I try to enter my town the game crashes. Tried to hard close, delete/download again, to no avail. Both with iPad and iPhone. The funny thing is that I can access my other town.

Is there a way to solve this without having to go through the horror of contacting EA? Any patch coming our way?

Heeeelp!!
  • saxomaph0ne
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I was enjoying the game until act two. The donut would just turn and crash.

My GF's account is unaffected so I've been playing that for now. I noticed some quirky and not some quirky things. Dropping formless terrors is faster now. Instead of the screen dragging from point one end of a springfield to another, this time it just pops.

I hope there's a patch coming soon. i miss my Springfield :cry:
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I tried to follow the instructions from LPNintendoITAd that are pinned in the General Game forum but EA has removed three of the options and there is no Contact EA or Live Chat available I have tried several times
    Plus looking at the "helpful questions" that do not help at all, seem they are there to give us the run around

What a wonderful company
  • saxomaph0ne
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    update on my Springfield.

I'm back, baby!!!!! :mrgreen:

It had problem downloading a mini update. It would just crash at 6/7. I tried this for a good 30 minutes. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from my iPad. I let the game download and update until the small spinning loading donut disappeared. I logged in and it warned me that it hadn't save my progress from my other device. so I cancelled and logged into my other device (iPhone). when I logged into my iPhone, it gave me the same warning and logged out and switched back to my iPad. I did it from my phone as well and I did this quite a few times. (like 5 times?)

Lo and behold! I'm finally back to my Springfield!! It looks like everything is intact. It's as though I hadn't logged in for a few days because I was greeted by that window that lets you pay with donuts to catch up. (which I didn't end up ponying, they should give me donuts for the stress they gave me! but I digress)

I don't know if what I did worked or not but hey give it a shot.

I wish good luck to others who hasn't been able to log in yet.
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm having that same issue since the last update. Stuck on synchronizing, then the Bart screen.

This is the workaround I found. You need to have two devices, and switch between them. The game lets you play about one or two minutes each time, then wait for the next Bart screen before you switch devices again. Very painful, but sufficient to collect gummis and nighmares every few hours.

I also spke with an EA lass in the morning. They're working on a solution, and will deliver a fix soon.

Contacting EA when you're not in the States is also painful. I tried the chat many times, but it's always getting stuck. So what I've done to get in touch with them: Got a free New Yourk State DID phone number from Callcentric.com, entered the connection details in my Android phone, and asked EA for to call back on that number.

Letting them know about these issues is important. The more players report it, the higher the priority for fixing it.
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Back in here, as well.
    How? who knows?
  • akpsychgirl
    4 posts
    edited October 2015
    I started having problems logging in last night. I can't log in to my A town, but I can log into my B town just fine. Crummy thing is my friends keep hitting my town releasing terrors. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.