EA Forums - Banner

Do you remember who your first neighbor was?

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My first friend was my girlfriend, who turned into my fiance, who turned into my wife, and yes we are still TSTO friends.

Oddly enough, I think my second, third, and fourth longest friends were my feeder towns :oops:
  • ernienbenny
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My wife, who much like susanmtate32's husband, introduced me to the game, and who, for the last year and a half has been threatening to quit, because she claims she hates the game.
  • [Deleted User]
    2200 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    C0rgano wrote:
    Other Springfield
    :P

I didn't have any neighbors except for OS for the first 10 months I played. Somehow, I managed to level up to whatever the top level was at the time. It was last years Halloween that finally convinced me I needed neighbors.

To all of my awesome neighbors, a big THANK YOU!!!
    :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Glad to be your neighbor, and love to look at your beautiful Springfield.

My first neighbor ( besides other Springfield ) was my daughter who introduced me to the game. She quit playing regularly- so I dumped her. ?
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    My first neighbour was bradyc79 :D

I still remember you telling me that I should try the neighbour thing to get the most out of the game, brady!

Lol! Brady was one of my firsts as well. 8)
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I don't remember as I started adding people from this forum and on Facebook
  • 4junk3000
    6186 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    My husband - no longer a player. :D
    You De-friended your husband??
    leaving.gif

Ive hidden him incase he comes back, but he won't. He hates the game now.

Which is fine, because i love it :lol:

Yeah, some days I have a love-hate relationship with the game.

I hate loving this game!

My first neighbor was a friend who introduced me to the game. My first accepted friend req through the forum was 1Mastiff. I remember being impressed by his town, and the home brew parking deck which they still have.

Still have both; I've kept all my neighbors where i initiated the req.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My daughter who was four at the time. She wouldn't leave my town alone so I gave her her own so she wouldn't mess mine up... I don't let her play now that she can read.
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    My husband - no longer a player. :D
    You De-friended your husband??
    leaving.gif

Ive hidden him incase he comes back, but he won't. He hates the game now.

Which is fine, because i love it :lol:

Yeah, some days I have a love-hate relationship with the game.

I hate loving this game!

My first neighbor was a friend who introduced me to the game. My first accepted friend req through the forum was 1Mastiff. I remember being impressed by his town, and the home brew parking deck which they still have.

Still have both; I've kept all my neighbors where i initiated the req.

Can't remember my first neighbour, I do remember searching for random people before I found this forum, then added fellow forum people, but like 4junk3000 said we have been neighbours for a while now.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Wife and feeders to start - didn't want anybody stealing my lemon tree back when it could be done. Gone through too many since then to keep track - maybe Barry and his wife? Not replacing anymore - too labor intensive to grind thru 100.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited November 2015
    My first neighbour was my dad. :mrgreen:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My poolboy was my first neighbor. His name is Santiago Esteban Salizar Estrada, but we just call him SESE.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Don't remember my very first but there was this guy Kahnuck (sp?) that I remember being one of my neighbors for a long long time and he had some of the most awesome designs in his town. Dude nuked a while back and went inactive so I was forced to delete :(
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    smohqy wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    smohqy wrote:
    Damn skippy I remember. I'd posted here a few times, but not in any add me threads, and out of the blue I got a friend request. That then prompted me to post an add me, and here I am with 100 Neighborinos.

Thank you, DAT1279!
    Nice!

Off topic: you broadcasting tonight? I'll be on the road so should be able to catch the show. :)

The smohqhouse is a go for tonight if the good lord's willing and the creeks don't rise.
    10-4

I'll be driving through Minneapolis, so I'll need some deep beats to keep me company.
  • tilycoclem
    272 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I don't remember my first neighbor, but I'm very happy becoming IRL friends with one of my current neighbors.
    Over the years we have emailed each other and have traded phone numbers. We talk on a regular basis and it was because of this game that we met. Best! You know who you are!
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But here's my number
    So call me maybe?
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I believe my first neighbor was the wonderfully named--and recently gone inactive--AmandaHugKis. That was well before I joined this forum, and as far as I know, s/he's never been here.

I joined the forum the same day Mopurglar did, and I'm pretty sure he was my first forum neighbor. Those who are also his neighbor or have spent any time in Showcase the last couple years will know how incredibly lucky that was. Not just one of the game's great designers, but one of the nicest and smartest forum members.
  • roperlego859
    487 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My dad
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited November 2015
    moxxee wrote:

My first neighbor ever was GamerGD3. :-)

Honorable mention: Dvl60

Glad I could take that honor :)

I still play, just not super often. I had a new member join the family back in January. I mostly lurk the forums now and respond when I can :). I tried to respond last night, but the iPad doesn't seem to like this site. Wouldn't let me type in the response area.
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

My first neighbor ever was GamerGD3. :-)

Honorable mention: Dvl60

Glad I could take that honor :)

I still play, just not super often. I had a new member join the family back in January. I mostly lurk the forums now and respond when I can :). I tried to respond last night, but the iPad doesn't seem to like this site. Wouldn't let me type in the response area.

Hey there, loyal neighbor! 8)

Same issue here. I discovered that if you click on the "X" on the upper right hand of the page (just when your iPad starts to freak out) the freakiness stops and you can type a response.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.