EA Forums - Banner

Kirk and Luann Skins available

Replies

  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I agree totally. Skins should be no more than 20 donuts. Although it is sometimes fun to use skins and their special jobs, the payout us not worth 70-80 donuts each. Offer me all the skins for 80 donuts, and I'd snatch them up in a heartbeat.
  • ernienbenny
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Everything in this game has gone up. A couple of years ago, a building with a new character used to be around 150 donuts, now the average seems to be 250 (and now that's for a "building" and a skin). I used to be a premium player player and somewhat of a completionist, but EAs growing greed has caused me to step back and become far more selective in what I'm willing to throw donuts at. I had plenty of free donuts for Luann's skin, and I thought it was cute, so I got that, and I used my donuts to get Kirk's. But I generally don't have much interest in skins anymore, especially if it's for the same characters we already have half a dozen skins for. Since these two were new, I figured what the hell, they'll probably never get anything ever again.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    It seems EA has switched strategies. Instead of enticing players to become premium, they're trying to wring the juice out of the players that are already premium.

    I seem to recall a recent Fink promo that was aimed at enticing players to become premium... which upset some current premium users. ;-)
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm sure they are feeling it. Fewer people are buying these expensive premiums, which means that fewer donuts are being bought. Myself, I'll just wait for the next glitch.
  • 4junk3000
    6186 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    Complete ripoff. The prices are what a lone character with no building should cost. Who the hell determines what price to set for premium items?

    Agreed.

    It seems EA has switched strategies. Instead of enticing players to become premium, they're trying to wring the juice out of the players that are already premium.

    If you offer the Luann skin for 15 donuts then you're trying to entice the player to buy Luanne knowing that you can get a helpful skin for not much more. By charging 80, they're targeting the premium players that already have her.

    I'm sure theyre aware of the ratio to first time donut buyers vs return donut buyers and have started pricing accordingly.

    I disagree completely. They are working both sides of the street more aggressively than ever.

    This squirrel skin is obviously going to be a very rare item, due to a very premium price. You have to want it. It's intended for premium players who buy everything. Well you want exclusivity, you pay the price. You can't afford it, fine. But you're not part of the club.

    Meanwhile, they just gave away more donuts than I've seen in two years. 20 free for completing 5 tasks in 7 days? Holy generosity! It's because they ARE enticing noobs to get addicted to the pink sprinklies.

    There are several different categories of player with this game. EA is learning how to manipulate every single one. If anyone thinks something is a ripoff, it's certainly not new, as i vowed not to give them a dime years ago, when i first realized there is no max out-of-pocket for a mere video game where expenses could escalate several hundred dollars.

    If you're just realizing this now, way to catch up. But don't for a minute think this isn't an effective business plan for EA. Stop being so naive, or so disgusted with what's basically just pure, capitalism. Evil, but pure! Supply and demand, baby!

    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I wish the Squirrel Luann skin was atleast free, I don't even have her yet but with the skin I would've definately bought her. Does anyone know what the visuable tasks are for both skins?
  • jautor
    5 posts
    edited November 2015
    This sucks. I bought the Kirk skin, did the first task, and now it's totally useless and blocked because I don't have Luann (or the skin, obviously). So I have to be in for, what, 250 donuts on top of the 70 I just spent to get rid of the Acorn now in my task list??? Pretty unfair to advertise the Kirk skin with "better Halloween tasks" that depend on other premium stuff to access...
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I got them! They're pretty cool! :D
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I just read the walk through for the dialog that goes with these skins, and there's opportunity for some really funny scenes. Like this 24 hr task of squirrels chasing Kirk.

    Please post some screen shots of any outdoor tasks you can, for those of us who won't be buying the "skin" skins.

    Thanks in advance!

    [url][/url]5MHyjHj.png
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    465 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm going to pass. I don't need a higher payout to get more crafting supplies for things that I'm not even interested in crafting. I'm doing the quests to get the donuts, not the crafting supplies.

    This has been a very disappointing, and frankly boring, THOH event. I like the campfire and the tents, but that's about it.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    jautor wrote:
    This sucks. I bought the Kirk skin, did the first task, and now it's totally useless and blocked because I don't have Luann (or the skin, obviously). So I have to be in for, what, 250 donuts on top of the 70 I just spent to get rid of the Acorn now in my task list??? Pretty unfair to advertise the Kirk skin with "better Halloween tasks" that depend on other premium stuff to access...

    I would ask for a refund. What a horrible idea it was to sell these separately because there is no indication they require both to be purchased. It's pretty clear EA didn't have a lot of content ready for this Halloween.
  • tarabee22219
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    What a rip off. And I agree, sick of crafting so these skins are useless anyways. As far as being "rare" in the future, I am willing to bet I will have zero regrets about not purchasing these. EA is getting so darn greedy.
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited November 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    Complete ripoff. The prices are what a lone character with no building should cost. Who the hell determines what price to set for premium items?

    Agreed.

    It seems EA has switched strategies. Instead of enticing players to become premium, they're trying to wring the juice out of the players that are already premium.

    If you offer the Luann skin for 15 donuts then you're trying to entice the player to buy Luanne knowing that you can get a helpful skin for not much more. By charging 80, they're targeting the premium players that already have her.

    I'm sure theyre aware of the ratio to first time donut buyers vs return donut buyers and have started pricing accordingly.

    You're dead right and It's despicable. It's like EA have set out to make an extra few quid off the premium players by exploiting them even further by charging an outrageous price for a skin for an already premium character because they know people will pay for it. The Luann skin wasn't aimed for people to maybe reconsider buying Luann, but rather for the premium players who have already forked out for her to be extortioned again by forking out more for a crappy skin. Let's be honest, whoever has Luann and has bought her skin isn't going to use the skin again once the questlines are over. Why would they? The payouts are the same regardless.

    The answer here is simple. For all the completionists to say no for once, get the point across to EA that they're not going to be ripped off any further and wait for EA to react with the poor sales and in the future they'll be forced to lower the prices of skins and the likes in order to continue to make better profits. If they lowered the price here I think a lot more people would have bought it.
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited November 2015
    jautor wrote:
    This sucks. I bought the Kirk skin, did the first task, and now it's totally useless and blocked because I don't have Luann (or the skin, obviously). So I have to be in for, what, 250 donuts on top of the 70 I just spent to get rid of the Acorn now in my task list??? Pretty unfair to advertise the Kirk skin with "better Halloween tasks" that depend on other premium stuff to access...

    That is outrageous. Corporate greed at its finest. I would definitely complain to EA over that. Whatever you do don't give in and buy Luann and her skin for the sake of completing this questline.
  • Bluejays20091
    403 posts
    edited November 2015
    1Mastiff wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I just read the walk through for the dialog that goes with these skins, and there's opportunity for some really funny scenes. Like this 24 hr task of squirrels chasing Kirk.

    Please post some screen shots of any outdoor tasks you can, for those of us who won't be buying the "skin" skins.

    Thanks in advance!

    [url][/url]5MHyjHj.png
    this is very funny :lol:
  • Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    1Mastiff wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I just read the walk through for the dialog that goes with these skins, and there's opportunity for some really funny scenes. Like this 24 hr task of squirrels chasing Kirk.

    Please post some screen shots of any outdoor tasks you can, for those of us who won't be buying the "skin" skins.

    Thanks in advance!

    [url][/url]5MHyjHj.png
    this is very funny :lol:



    Worth every penny glad I purchased it.
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm going to pass. I don't need a higher payout to get more crafting supplies for things that I'm not even interested in crafting. I'm doing the quests to get the donuts, not the crafting supplies.

    This! I was actually looking forward to those skins, but I was expecting at least one of them to be buyable with in-game cash or be free as part of the story line. I'm going to pass too.
  • jautor
    5 posts
    edited November 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    jautor wrote:
    This sucks. I bought the Kirk skin, did the first task, and now it's totally useless and blocked because I don't have Luann (or the skin, obviously). So I have to be in for, what, 250 donuts on top of the 70 I just spent to get rid of the Acorn now in my task list??? Pretty unfair to advertise the Kirk skin with "better Halloween tasks" that depend on other premium stuff to access...

    That is outrageous. Corporate greed at its finest. I would definitely complain to EA over that. Whatever you do don't give in and buy Luann and her skin for the sake of completing this questline.

    Yep! I contacted support and got a full refund. Now I just have this Acorn task that won't go away, though... I assume it will expire at the end of the event. Bummed that I don't get the funny squirrel chasing Kirk animation, but certainly not going to reward the bad behavior by buying more stuff to complete this.
  • eel_electric
    24 posts
    edited November 2015
    jautor wrote:
    This sucks. I bought the Kirk skin, did the first task, and now it's totally useless and blocked because I don't have Luann (or the skin, obviously). So I have to be in for, what, 250 donuts on top of the 70 I just spent to get rid of the Acorn now in my task list??? Pretty unfair to advertise the Kirk skin with "better Halloween tasks" that depend on other premium stuff to access...

    Same here. I put it in the bugs and issues forum. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10374957.page
  • eel_electric
    24 posts
    edited November 2015
    jautor wrote:

    Yep! I contacted support and got a full refund. Now I just have this Acorn task that won't go away, though... I assume it will expire at the end of the event. Bummed that I don't get the funny squirrel chasing Kirk animation, but certainly not going to reward the bad behavior by buying more stuff to complete this.

    I guess I should try again. The guy I chatted with said it's working as intended and that refunds are not possible. :evil:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.