EA Forums - Banner

So, obviously this is the worst of the Halloween events but....

2Next

Replies

• Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I really like this event. As Deadshot said, Yes it would have been better with more characters and items, but I really like what they gave us this Halloween. The Evil shopkeeper really should have been offered by now. I think they gave us items that are fun to design areas in our towns.
    I also liked the more relaxed pace, and the fact that you don't feel like you have to check in constantly to complete this event.
    There are more things about this update that I like, than I dislike, so that makes this event enjoyable to me.
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Not a bad event, it's
    not one of the best thoh events
    Overall I enjoyed this event can't wait for the Xmas event

SONARX2_icon.jpg

This has been a great event.

Compared to previous, please tell me which events previously allowed you to increase your multiplier by, what I've added about 100% by now?

And of THOSE events, which offered 20 FREE DONUTS each week??

I could list many other reasons why this event is one of the best they've EVER had,
    But I'm really tired of repeating myself to people with their minds made up to only see negatives. I can see what's "obvious".

The two reasons above ALONE are enough to say this event was great. But im having fun, not in a rush to end, and looking forward to L59 and Xmas. Game satisfaction = high

Too bad for those who can't feel this way. Queue sad trombone!

I'm a freemium player and don't care for having multiple items just to up the multiplier unless I can make a good design out of the items. Yes the donuts have been good but not enough to buy anything so they are just getting saved. With all the glitches this event has been the worst yet and to be quite frank has been nothing like Halloween at all. It's also going on far too long and being offered skins for donuts after the holiday has gone is just pure daft.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • laurapound81
    214 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Not a bad event, it's

SONARX2_icon.jpg

Compared to previous, please tell me which events previously allowed you to increase your multiplier by, what I've added about 100% by now?

I could list many other reasons why this event is one of the best they've EVER had,
    But I'm really tired of repeating myself to people with their minds made up to only see negatives. I can see
    what's "obvious".

The two reasons above ALONE are enough to say this event was great. But im having fun, not in a rush to end, and looking forward to L59 and Xmas. Game satisfaction = high

I agree to an extent, loads of donuts & bonus % opportunities. But not too sure if the prizes are that great. I remember in previous events thinking wish I had donuts to buy x, y & z but this time round I have loads of donuts & only bought the Bart raven! Don't really wanna spend donuts on skins.

Also the crafting items have not been great except for the wailing wall where in previous events I've spent all of my crafting materials but her got over 4000 of each except brains obviously!
  • h3llbring3r
    10 posts
    edited November 2015
    It was good (not great), until the skeletons broke it before the end of the second week. Losing those doughnuts made me salty.

It did have a very 'throw lots of stuff against the wall and see what sticks ' feel.

How many different things were we tapping? Six, seven - more? Recycled snakes, bunnies . . . Etc.

I tried all the regular fixes for the skeleton problem too: Krustyland before tapping. Hard reset, close the app & relaunch. Create a separate brown house for just Bart and database on the other side of the map and clear all holiday fodder before tapping. It maybe worked 1/3 the time.

This glitch hit everyone I know IRL playing the game. Ruined it for me as a freemium gamer ( with the rare scratch off purchase to get a doughnut goal).

I hope the next one is better.

As for the M'nthster mechanic, I ran into a lot of these type of devices in the family guy game before I quit playing it. It's just lacking the precision tapping w- buy more "ammo" for a premium.

I liked that storyline, but then again I like HP Lovecraft.
    Sadly, this glitch will stop me from getting the daily's and probably another round of doughnuts and no ren education center.
    /rant
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited November 2015
    This is obviously NOT the worst of the Halloween events. That title definitely goes to Halloween 2014, with the useless Spooky House, Rigellian Hut, and Rigellian Queen.

This Halloween at least brought us Tentacorp, great building skins, and that Victorian House no one knew to buy. Though its still a pretty big stretch from 2013.
  • johncolombo
    11383 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2015
    This is obviously NOT the worst of the Halloween events. That title definitely goes to Halloween 2014, with the useless Spooky House, Rigellian Hut, and Rigellian Queen.

didn't 2015 bring us the same?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Good:
    Easy event to get everything offered and plenty of any crafted items you want
    Free House of Evil
    Free premium character (Kodos?) if you didn't have it
    Pirate Kang
    Wailing walls!
    Some good buildings (Tenta-Corp HQ, Re-Neducation Center)
    Free donuts
    Ability to get lots of stuff you missed, both free and premium
    Daily Tasks - I like this mechanic. Not keen on the 8am reset, but whatever.

Meh:
    Sunken temple (should be a building, not a decoration)
    Conflicts with railyard tasks (more a condemnation of the short-sighted design of the railyard)
    Crafting in general (this wasn't too bad this time, but enough already)
    Phases in general (hated this since they started with it)
    Formless terrors - Nice drop rate, but neighbor loading times went through the roof so it's just not worth bothering
    Act 3 - Mixing it up can be nice, but it felt like they tossed this together as an afterthought.

Bad:
    Glitches! Glitches! Glitches! (of course, this can be said about every event)
    Skins (even premium ones!) with 1-2 tasks
    Poorly timed releases (releasing premium Kirk and Holiday Homer too late for them to give the bonuses they promised)
    No new characters
    Stupid pricing on some of the new and returning items (120 donuts for Devil Ned? Separating Witch Marge from the cauldron?)
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I loved the Lovecraft theme. I just wish it were a little more planned out and less glitchy. So much more could have been done with the Lovecraft mythos.

And as overpriced as they are, Squirrel Luann and Acorn Kirk shall roam my Springfield evermore.
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Not a bad event, it's

SONARX2_icon.jpg

But I'm really tired of repeating myself to people with their minds made up to only see negatives. I can see what's "obvious".

If i remember correctly, last halloween we could craft walls, i know because i messed up at the end and accidentally hit ANOTHER stupid pumpkin house. waste. And this event, the glitch starting Kodos plot made me craft a second useless spooky house which i didnt want and had from last event

So if we are judging a whole event based on one simple aspect, crafting multipliers, that is a pretty low bar to set. (The tennis court "event" was wayyyy better then LOL). Oh i remember too getting a lot of 10 and 30 donut prizes in last halloween, something like 120 donuts i got there, so we are still even here.

So to detail summarize this event: Good that we can craft multipliers. Bad: there is nothing else of interest to craft or that has not been previously released. limited new content, lots of glitches, slow play lag, seemingly uninspired and short rushed storyline plots. NPC property and Ms Donut character, camp tents too many, spooky sheds too many and i cant sell anything. Overall the progress seemed easy too, in that i had not actually logged in several times a day and still completed all prizes. which i guess is kind of good in time saving.

One final thought, EA admittedly wants this event over, by getting us already looking forward to Christmas Event. Seems like they need to bring it.

• angrybobtr854
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I think this event was....uh, nevermind....

j6NT2RH.png
  • JoeKrollo
    20 posts
    edited November 2015
    As a tapper since the original US launch... this Event was just terrible. Newbies loved it, because it had re-releases of old material (which the one thing I hoped to see "Suz the witch" didn't) and it had easy multipliers.

Beyond that...
    -Over-priced/lame skins with minimal tasks. (However the building skins were at least interesting.)
    -too long of an event.
    -CRAFTING (like every event anymore)
    -Boring storyline that seemed rushed/abruptly ending.
    -Act 3 is just the same fights over and over and over and over....
    -Donut bonuses were cool, but give us a reason to spend them on something. The veterans here had EVERYTHING good that the event offered as premium.
    -Too many tents/shacks/walls... BORING!
    -Nothing offered as new decorations to purchase with cash.
    -ANOTHER SKIN FOR HOMER.... I now have 12 skins for him, while we still don't have Maggie and there are tons of other characters that don't have many skins.

Pros
    -beyond the hints above.... A few new buildings, which are mostly going to be stored (because we are all running out of land again, and could use new land styles to design with "dirt!!!!" Wink wink*)

I strongly encourage you to add some value for the veteran players in this game. Tap-ball and monorail events were great for us. This event has me (imo) on the verge of quiting and spending my money on new games. Christmas is going to be a make it or break it for my future involvement in this game.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited November 2015
    It was a big grind. The 100 donuts and the game multiplier was definite a plus. This event did run a little too long.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm still hoping we get the House of Evil Shopkeeper by the end of this. His image is already on the Evil Shopkeeper's Challenges screen as well as having 2 soundbites of his voice in the *files*. So here's hoping.

Those voice files play as notifications. But yeah, it would've been great if they included him.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    They need to go back to the old style for Christmas.

10 prizes (decent prizes too - not like the crap we got in this event)
    5 community prizes
    No crafting
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    This event was okay until Act 3. That's when I really started to dislike it. I still disliked the Sideshow Bob and Monorail events more, because they involved a lot of grinding.

Forgetting new content, I think they really dropped the ball on old content this time. How hard would it have been to whip out Suzanne the Witch, Booberella, and some pumpkin patches (I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too).
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!