EA Forums - Banner

Do EA Listen to their Customers Feedback?

Prev1
glenjamin8 wrote:
So does EA listen to their feedback? Or are they too stubborn and seem set in their ways of knowing what's best for their customers?

So you're speaking for all of us now? Because I have no issues with the way the game is structured. I'm playing more now than I ever have.

Replies

• glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited December 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    So does EA listen to their feedback? Or are they too stubborn and seem set in their ways of knowing what's best for their customers?

So you're speaking for all of us now? Because I have no issues with the way the game is structured. I'm playing more now than I ever have.

At what point did I say I was speaking for the community? I spoke about the general consensus of the forum which both you and I are apart of. If you're happy with the game then good for you, but a lot of people aren't.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think it's a yes/no answer. EA has released many improvements that came directly from community feedback. Old tappers, including yourself, will remember when we didn't have the character tasks window (top left) the ability to scroll through neighbor visits, town census, land expansions, etc. These were all significant enhancements to game play.

When it comes to SH, I truly believe that this was an intentional design to prolong the longevity of the game and give people something to do / work towards for an extended period of time. The reality is, while the simpsons have a large catalog of reusable content, there are only so many characters, levels events, they can release before things become stale and redundant. Adding new elements to the game play helps address this issue and keeps players tapping. The key is to approach it differently than you would an event or level up, and view it as an ongoing side project.

Just my 2 cents.
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited December 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    I think it's a yes/no answer. EA has released many improvements that came directly from community feedback. Old tappers, including yourself, will remember when we didn't have the character tasks window (top left) the ability to scroll through neighbor visits, town census, land expansions, etc. These were all significant enhancements to game play.

When it comes to SH, I truly believe that this was an intentional design to prolong the longevity of the game and give people something to do / work towards for an extended period of time. The reality is, while the simpsons have a large catalog of reusable content, there are only so many characters, levels events, they can release before things become stale and redundant. Adding new elements to the game play helps address this issue and keeps players tapping. The key is to approach it differently than you would an event or level up, and view it as an ongoing side project.

Just my 2 cents.

That makes perfect sense. Although there was being huge enhancements from the game via land expansions, the tasks windows, the collect all button (in the shape of the IRS), and minor improvements to game the gameplay easier and quicker, there is a lot of criticism in regards to the structure of events and such. I get how grinding and crafting is designed to prolong the longevity of the game as you said, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the player's morale and enjoyment.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You can't please everyone all of the time. I share some of your same frustrations but I also realize the forum is probably not a representative sample of the entire player-base. Basing decisions solely on the anonymous ramblings of a few vocal die-hards is seldom a wise business strategy. I imagine they have all kinds of stats and charts generated from server data collected from all players that factors in as well.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11610 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    they do. like when in 2013 the THOH teaser mentioned JoshSheerer, gamezino and spAnser.
    And then when they released Herb Powell they referred to me releasing the info he was coming months before he come in the game
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    cdepast wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

That makes perfect sense. Although there was being huge enhancements from the game via land expansions, the tasks windows, the collect all button (in the shape of the IRS), and minor improvements to game the gameplay easier and quicker, there is a lot of criticism in regards to the structure of events and such. I get how grinding and crafting is designed to prolong the longevity of the game as you said, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the player's morale and enjoyment.

I've been a tapper since the relaunch of the game in Aug 2012. Since then, I feel there's only been 1 event that really defined "grinding" at the expense of the player. That was Whacking Day 2013. 450 snakes a day - when just doing your own town was closer to 200. It forced neighbor visits that took over an hour hunting around for a tiny wiggling snake going through decorations, house farms, etc. It was a true fear that the game was going high on expectations of 4 hour log ins to get the player to get all the prizes. It was met with last minute delay that frustrated those that spent donuts getting the final prize.

While we've managed at least 1 event worse than that (the event that shall not be named 2014) coincidentally the same timing as Whacking Day, this one was pure luck based - the only thing worse than logging in every 4 hours.

While these past few events haven't felt like I was doing major grinding. Still only logging in a few times a day or even just twice some days and still finishing early. Maybe the years worth of premium items and such have made it easier, I don't know. I just know I haven't felt the obligation to play hourly for a long time (thankfully too). I do have much concern for the the Spring event though. 2013, 2014 had poor events and 2015 had a very un-engaging long boring one.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My Boobarella-related concerns have gone unaddressed by EA.
  • 4junk3000
    5609 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    So we have Springfield Heights Part 2 and back to crafting every 20 minutes in order to buy more land, buildings, and decorations. The general consensus on the forum when Part 1 one was released was this was such a boring hassle. I know not everybody will agree but when polls were created the reaction of the community was a near overwhelming dislike for such an event. People suggested lowering the time limits for things like the Coffee Cups and Yoga Mats, while others asked for future SH land expansions to be bought using money. Instead we've been given another craftable currency in magazines (or whatever they are) and so the monotonous grinding begins again despite the distaste of the majority of it's players.

There was also a poll a week or two ago that asked should EA go back to the olden style events of having set prizes throughout that were unlocked when the player collected enough of whatever was needed. Crafting is well disliked by most on here, players are always giving their opinion as to what makes a good event, and it seems to be constantly ignored.

I'm not an EA basher. I've really enjoyed most of the events, level updates, and episode tie in's this year. But crafting is an annoyance. I love the way we can get a weekly 5 free donuts through the Rail Yard but it does feel like such a chore at times but I can't seem to say no because of the the lure of free donuts. I got through SH Part 1 by buying each building and maximizing the likes of the Furniture Store and Gym so the icon would disappear in the top corner. Now it begins all over again and it's really making me think am I getting the same enjoyment of TSTO as I once did. All the EA defender's will say well I don't have to take part if I don't like it, but I've been playing Tapped Out for nearly 3 years and I'm not ready to give up just yet. As a customer of EA like most of you I just want EA to listen when the majority has spoken about what we want and more so what we don't want.

Short answer: no.

How could they? For every single thing in this game, there's at least one person who likes it and one who doesn't. Since it's impossible to please everyone, there's no point trying to please anyone...

But yourself.

So you make a product you're happy with, and that's good enough. If people play, great.

So if you don't like it, don't play. And if you like it enough, then play and focus on the good parts and not the bad.

Accept more, expect less. That's the best anyone can do.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I enjoy SH very much as is but rarely feel the need to come on here and tell everyone how happy I am with my progress and the overall pace of the game. Whining about things is a much greater motivator to post than enjoying the game.

If you're enjoying it you're off playing it. If you're not enjoying it THEN you're like damn I need to complain about this. Though thankfully some people do come on here to express their happiness with the game, but it is significantly less common.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Some of us have Booberella so they are free to have a positive outlook.

But let me ask you this: what happens to a Booberella denied? Is that the end of it? Does that Booberella dream disappear? Or does it smoulder on in the darkness of the soul? Or does it explode like a chest implant from the 80's ???

"Booberella for some, small American flags for others (for 5 donuts)."

In short,
    Booberella.

Thank you.
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2015

But let me ask you this: what happens to a Booberella denied? Is that the end of it? Does that Booberella dream disappear? Or does it smoulder on in the darkness of the soul? Or does it explode like a chest implant from the 80's ???

"Booberella for some, small American flags for others (for 5 donuts)."

In short,
    Booberella.

Thank you.

This. 100 times this. Also, wherefore are thou mine Booberella?

That is all.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2015

But let me ask you this: what happens to a Booberella denied? Is that the end of it? Does that Booberella dream disappear? Or does it smoulder on in the darkness of the soul?
    Thank you for engaging in the true spirit of these forums. I thought I was happy, and now I realise that I am not. And I have you to thank for helping me to get in touch with my real feelings.
    I haven't got Booberella. I have nothing more to add.
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have to say I'm not a fan of SH either. I will do enough to get it out of my task book then max out the craftables. At thar point its back to business as usual. Maybe some day I will grind on it and complete it.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited December 2015
    EA seemed to have listened to me when I complained here a few months ago about having hundreds of characters and it taking forever to assign them all quests, spending 20 minutes in the game instead of 5 minutes like days of old.

So they modified the employment building to instantly assign hourly quests to all characters not associated with a major quest. Best feature of the game, hands down. Use it all the time.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No game is perfect, and I reckon EA has done a good job in enhancing the game based on feedback over the years.

Enhancements include Mass daily work assignment at Unemployment Agency, mass collection of in-game money & XP with IRS blust radius, more boardwalk, more land, options to display building level skins in SH, etc etc

No regret for my thousands of hard-earned dollars invested in EA's TSTO.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    glenjamin8 wrote:

Of course they do. Otherwise we wouldn't have playable Bob, Monorail, no more wheel, and we wouldn't be getting Maggie for Christmas or the rerelease of Springfield Falls this coming Spring.

They listen.
  • [Deleted User]
    2200 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA a has not made Moxxee a mod, so I don't think they are listening to the demands of forum regulars.
  • [Deleted User]
    2200 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was reading through this thread, thinking bout the grind of SH still in front of me. But I was reminded, I have Boobarella, so things are good. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.