EA Forums - Banner

Presents - impossible to find

Prev134
Or make rays or fireworks shine out of them or something. I can't be expect to clear a spot for gifts and that people will use it. Also 5 gifts? I hate this! I've probably only had 5 gifts from friends total since this started (yet some friends towns are full?!) will I ever be abl to craft the chalet??

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ha Ha, yur Unicorn barfs rainbows!

"Kristinal left you a gift" is something I'm seeing as a pop-up for a couple days now from time to time. It may be hidden somewhere, it may not. Who can really say.
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree with what has already been mentioned, I had 1, now 2 presents I cannot find. Hope EA read this thread and change something.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Typically they are left at the landing zone.
    For some people, its the squidport/water area.

Generally these are the two main places...I doubt anyone would go hiding them deliberately since they want them to be found in the first place so they can get rewarded for leaving them.
  • edited December 2015
    Yesterday in had a friend drop 5 presents in my town. I returned the favor. Again he dropped 5 in my town this morning so I went back to give him his 5 hoping that this was the start of a beautiful friendship. Could only drop 3. Must have had a couple scattered around his town. Friends should really try to aim for areas where your neighbors will see them.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Spent hours X-ray scanning entire town zoomed out entirely to find two that I could not find.

Moved landing zone to nice open area.

Have another hidden lost present today. Got notification on my iPad of who left it so I am gonna send them a PM wondering if they might know where it fell behind.

Maybe we need a thread where people can tell their neighbors where a well intentioned gift drop went horribly wrong behind some obstacle.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I tried to PM someone I added from this forum about a present that ended up in a REALLY bad spot, but it seems that person must have disabled PM's.

I agree it's a problem, and so is spotting the merrymakers, when visiting a town with a lot of characters walking around.

And I have to say... this event is NOT for players with bad vision.

• lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have a friend that is hiding them, I find them in the strangest places. I bet they think they are funny

• _Jaighn_Doh_
    6 posts
    edited December 2015
    000NIC wrote:
    EA, unlike nightmares from the Halloween event, presents DONT move. either make them bounce around or make the drop only in one spot

Mine do bounce around, but that doesn't help if they fall behind something big. I try to tuck things behind buildings so things can't hide there during these kind of events.

I've started dropping them in the water in towns where the buildings are crowded. Hopefully those will be easily found.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited December 2015
    This present thing is dumb. You only get 5 a day, they are hard to find, and no one drops them on my town anyway cuz I'm way at the end and they only have 5. So meh. The prizes can be obtained without gifts so screw it.
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I had some presents that I could not find, even by using the build menu to see through things. The way I found one of them was by physically moving a building, then I found the present behind it, but I could not see it looking through the building.

I currently have 3 presents apparently missing since I can only receive 2, and I can't find them anywhere. maybe I have to start moving buildings again, or just hit the nuke button.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think there's one floating around since yesterday that's been driving me crazy trying to find.

I've gotten the hang of dropping them out in the open. Make sure your screen is centered on the spot you want the present to fall.
  • johncolombo
    11594 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I'm missing one too but not very inclined to go hunting it down after the first time I couldn't find 2 presents. Oh well I can still receive 4 as of now. Did we ever figure out if you don't clear all your presents, you don't get more to drop?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm missing one too but not very inclined to go hunting it down after the first time I couldn't find 2 presents. Oh well I can still receive 4 as of now. Did we ever figure out if you don't clear all your presents, you don't get more to drop?

I've been receiving 5 presents per day, even though I've had a *missing* present (and am totally OVER searching for it...) since Day 1... so apparently missing presents has no affect on receiving more presents to gift.
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • 0sghead0
    12 posts
    edited December 2015
    Oh good, so it's not just me! I'm pretty sure I have 4 hidden somewhere in my town. Just spent half a hour with buildings hidden looking for presents. I'm the first town to show up for probably 80 of my 100 friends, so I find it suspicious that I've gotten one present dropped in my town in the last 2 days...

This needs to get fixed asap.

1. Have them only drop in a specific place (Simpson House/Present Depot)
    2. Have some sort of lighting to show they are behind the 90% of objects tall enough to hide a present.
    3. Have a button in the top right that auto centers on the presents.

It's crazy that none of the developers realized this would happen!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Now I've got two presents from the same person dropped somewhere in my town. I haven't the faintest clue where he's been putting them. I really hope this doesn't mean I'm allowed a maximum 3 presents until I find those other two.

Maybe I'll just unfriend this person. If someone wants to friend me, give me five nice gifts today, I'll give them five nice gifts tomorrow.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    They could also reuse the Elf Home. Release the elves and have the Naughty/Nice choice pop up when a present is found.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Arrrgh. I got bit by the present bug.

I went to drop presents in my town from a feeder town and instead of the usual 5, i can only drop 2 at a time now.

Somewhere there is 3 presents that arent showing up anywhere and i havent received any notices of drops either.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited December 2015
    I like to throw them in the water or behind grayed out mountain range. XD
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sadly presents don't always land where you expect them to... I was pretty sure I had chosen a great spot for one, but it ended up completely hidden behind a Simpson house. Too bad that I was unable to message that player and let them know where to look!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I can pretty much only get 2 presents at a time now. I have no idea if they expire. The biggest lesson to learn is that if you have a neighbor throwing them in spots they know you will never look, delete them immediately. The best place to throw them is right on the landing spot, because even if they end up behind a house or a track, the person will know that's where they are. Anything further out (like the ocean) is harder to look through.

These presents are the worst idea ever added to any event. How can you get enough ribbons with these arbitrary limits?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.