EA Forums - Banner

Have you also been dumping your naughty "friends?"

Prev13
This policy is flawed, i had to rescind it.

If someone is dropping naughty on YOU, that's one more bow that you got, which you otherwise wouldn't get.

With only 5 presents to drop per day, your neighbors could drop all of them on someone else. Then you get no bows. You can't compare 1 vs 15, its 1 vs 0!

So id rather have 1-5 naughty bows from them, than no bows.

Of course, you shouldn't give your own presents to them if you can't trust they'll be nice. That would be a loss for you. But single extras from naughties shouldn't be denied, that's foolish.

Replies

• lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Nope, if they send me a lot of naughty gifts I send them a nice gift to thank them for the gifts I would not of gotten other wise.
  • raadams25963
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm with 4junk3000; I am not getting loads of gifts, just a couple a day, so if they drop me a Naughty and I gain one Bow, I'll take it. I also do not return a gift back at them. I just spread my 5 over people that have dropped a Nice in the past on me.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I like my neighbors and wont drop them for being naughty. :D

OP if you're basing your naughty list on the leader board then keep in mind that some player have feeder towns.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Take anything you can get, dude. Embrace the whole better to give than get and drop the negativity. I'm fine with the 17 naughty drops I have gotten so far - most are from people trying to catch up.

If you have played a long time and put some effort into assembling quality neighbors, you would not drop them over a game choice.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't drop my naughty neighbours out, it is their legitimate choice, I just put them at the end of my long delivery list.

Neighbours being naughty bring a bit of a risk in a game. Without surprises, even if they are disappointing, would be boring. If I knew that I would get only nice presents they wouldn't be so precious and exciting. It would be just a routine.
  • 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

If someone is dropping naughty on YOU, that's one more bow that you got, which you otherwise wouldn't get.

With only 5 presents to drop per day, your neighbors could drop all of them on someone else. Then you get no bows. You can't compare 1 vs 15, its 1 vs 0!

Of course, you shouldn't give your own presents to them if you can't trust they'll be nice. That would be a loss for you. But single extras from naughties shouldn't be denied, that's foolish.
    I must disagree with you, when I'm dropping presents I come across towns where I can't drop. If one of those is a "naughty" box this means my neighbour has gained 1 from that box but lost 15 from me. I'm dropping naughty neighbours as I don't want their 1 bow blocking a place for a nice 15 bows.
  • Adfoul22
    61 posts
    edited December 2015
    Great responses - some threads are very to the point if you are naughty (you are selfish) and will be dropped. Jeez!
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Wow.. So serious.

I always choose "nice".

I don't take it serious if someone is naughty to me. They can play as they want to. Most of my neighbors are forum. Regulars, the things they drop tend to reflect their posts, that makes me smile.

As for the 1:0 argument, if you keep your town clean of presents no one should ever get the " can not drop" Message, that is on you.

If the rest of Christmas is like the first round we should have no problem getting the prizes we want.

:mrgreen:

• C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

ditto.... even if I dropped all my naughty neighbors (which would be about 89 right now), there's no guarantee that the 89 "nice" neighbors I try to invite to replace them would all give me any gifts; so there's a chance I'd be replacing my 1 bow with 0 bows.

• cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Um, no.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm not deleting them, but I am hiding them. I don't have time to visit all 100 friends right now anyway, and I don't want to accidentally drop presents on naughty people.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If they're dropping them where you can never find them, then delete them. I have three hidden ones from the same person, and I have no idea if or when those will go away so I can receive a normal amount.

If they are dropping naughty, keep them. I may have to resort to those if I cannot get enough gift ribbons.
  • stephtog
    493 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I can't afford to drop naughty neighbours, I'm too near the end of the alphabet!!
  • chaffey1973
    122 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There is a flaw with the idea that if you get 1 bow that's one more than 0. There is a limit to how many presents can be dropped on you in a day. Wouldn't you rather have nice friends who drop you 15?

I have too many friends and neighbor visits are tiring in an event. You only get Santa hats from viewing a few of them. so, i'm dropping my naughty neighbors. They can always find new friends. It's a called a friend list. Not an enemy list. Your friends shouldn't be taking points from you.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Naw.

I like all my neighbors. Even the inactive ones.
    :D
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Not at this time. I'm not giving them any presents, though. I save those for the nice folks. Seems to be working well enough as a strategy so far.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • perkilusen
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    OP if you're basing your naughty list on the leader board then keep in mind that some player have feeder towns.
    This. I was curious about the nice/naughty thing so I left naughty presents in my other town.

That sounds wrong.
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    in a first lap I decided to go in alphabetical order, but some are full and I could not leave anything

when I finish the first lap then I'll look who deserves a second gift but we will be the risk of not being able to leave one who always full when you go, I apologize to those who remain excluded

I apologize with those who received a bad gift, I thought we would win by guessing what was in the gift as heads or tails...

Now I'll be good I hope not to forget anyone, but I can not make a list of those who have already rewarded and who was full ....
  • chris60119
    105 posts
    edited December 2015
    Nope, but I will drop my neighbors that aren't playing after Act 1. I figure thats long enough time for them to update.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm not deleting them, but I am hiding them.

That's what I've been doing. I think completely removing a neighbor for picking Naughty is a bit much, but since we have so few presents to give out hiding naughty neighbors is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.