EA Forums - Banner

Can I Still Get the Last Prize With 3 days Left?

At this rate, I doubt I'll get Patches and Poor Violet because of the low payout from merrymakers and what happens when the gingerbread house tasks run out. I'm only at 23,000 and there's less than 3 days left. What am I doing wrong?

If you're progressing through the tasks you're not doing anything wrong.
How far into the gingerbread house are you? There is a bonus for completing every level as well as the task payout and the task reward. And if you send all of the characters you have available on the gingerbread tasks you can maximize your payout.
Have you crafted Wooly Bully? It pays out hats every 4 hours. And the completed snowman pays out every 8 hours. The gingerbread house will also payout once you've finished it.
Are you upgrading the squishee stand? At every 5 levels it rewards 100 hats (up to level 20).
Do you do neighbour visits everyday? The first 50 neighbour taps pay out hats.
And your town fills with merrymakers every 5 hours so make sure you return within this time and tap them all as often as you're able.

You should be able to finish the prize track with all of these hat payouts, but you might have to dedicate some time to it.

Replies

• yasj_84
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    At the calendar you should be 23080 today ( Wednesday )
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    At this rate, I doubt I'll get Patches and Poor Violet because of the low payout from merrymakers and what happens when the gingerbread house tasks run out. I'm only at 23,000 and there's less than 3 days left. What am I doing wrong?

It looks like you are on track and on schedule for getting the last prize.
    Just keep doing what you have been doing. I was at 24k last night and then i completed the gingerbread house and it sent me up to 27k so i should get the prize sometime today i hope :D

If it look like you arent going to get it on the last day left, buy it with donuts. For me the remaining cost is only 20 donuts which will go down as i progress more :D
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    All right, thanks. I was just worried there for a minute. They always make it look hard until you get it at the last minute.
  • btani78973
    8 posts
    edited December 2015
    I actually think I may miss it as well. I'm at 22k and I just started level 5 of the gingerbread house.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Am I the only one who don't know what the gingerbread house is? Where did that come from? A christmast past?
  • drmartinus77
    92 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The gingerbread house is part of this year's action. It becomes available after you've finished the giant snowman.
  • Jackenklau
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    btani78973 wrote:
    I actually think I may miss it as well. I'm at 22k and I just started level 5 of the gingerbread house.

here too - havent seen the update for 3 days. really bad - no push up or auto update or sth
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    btani78973 wrote:

if you have the time and are able to log in a lot to keep clearing MMs / collection from the wooly bully and snowman; you might pull it out... you get a bit over 2400 for finishing level 5 on the house; and it's conceivable to pull in over 1500 per day from MMs and the rest with some serious effort.... (and if not, get it as close as you can and finish up with donuts if it doesn't cost too much).

• btani78973
    8 posts
    edited December 2015
    C0rgano wrote:
    btani78973 wrote:

if you have the time and are able to log in a lot to keep clearing MMs / collection from the wooly bully and snowman; you might pull it out... you get a bit over 2400 for finishing level 5 on the house; and it's conceivable to pull in over 1500 per day from MMs and the rest with some serious effort.... (and if not, get it as close as you can and finish up with donuts if it doesn't cost too much).

Thanks. Going to try.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm only 22k now. Doubt I can hit 28k in 2 days. Well, gotta spend some donuts next, lol.

Btw I'm still at Gingerbread House lvl 3 Now. Is Gingerbread House still upgradable after Act 1 ends in 2 days?
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • McYahoo
    26 posts
    edited December 2015
    In past couple of events if you hadn't finished an Act it would continue even after the next Act started. The text below the Act 1 prizes says "New prizes will be added in 2d 07h 55m 12s". I think that you will continue to be able to collect the Santa Hats until you have gotten the last prize at which point you can continue with Act 2. If you were going to be cut off it would say something different.

IMHO, spending the donuts would not be a wise move.
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    McYahoo wrote:
    In past couple of events if you hadn't finished an Act it would continue even after the next Act started. The text below the Act 1 prizes says "New prizes will be added in 2d 07h 55m 12s". I think that you will continue to be able to collect the Santa Hats until you have gotten the last prize at which point you can continue with Act 2. If you were going to be cut off it would say something different.

IMHO, spending the donuts would not be a wise move.

I'd have to disagree here... the hats come from the MMs / buildings... it sounds like the act 2 currency will be mistletoe, which will have to come from those same spots, so there won't be anything generating hats. In past events, the 5 currency prizes don't carry over from act to act. You either get them during the act (before the time runs out) or you have to buy them with donuts.

(if I'm wrong, I'll be back to apologize :P )

for Lee: stay on top of the house upgrades and knock out level 4 and 5.... I believe you get 1600 or so hats for level 4 and 2400 for level 5, so you'd only need about 2000 or so to finish up (easy to get with MMs).
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm on target to get the last prize but I must say playing freemium it has been tough this event. I play several times a day and try to check in every 4 hours but missing a few days of only being able to check in twice put me right back. I feel sorry for those who work and can only play twice a day.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • 4junk3000
    5952 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I still haven't hit 24k so I'm getting nervous, but i think that's engineered in.

Hopefully it'll work out.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • jaddy1874
    213 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA seem to be very good at setting their prize thresholds so that you panic just a little as you head towards the end of an act.

I hadn't been concerned at all as I hadn't felt like I'd ever been behind in challenges etc, then I read this thread and started to worry! I began today on just under 24,000 hats but having upgraded the gingerbread house to level 4 (1640 hats), completed a squishee upgrade to level 10 (100), collected from Wooly Bully a couple of times (160 each) and collected from the Best Snowman Ever and Merrymakers I've collected over 2,500.

I should complete the act with around a day to spare, which is roughly where I was with Halloween as well.
  • Frimar21
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm 2k away from the final price, but the house is already level 5.. So no way to get the hats in a faster way.. I hope to have enough MMs
  • scatteredroot
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm still 6600 away from the orphans and came to this thread to see if there would be any big bonuses for completing tasks. Sounds like upgrades are they key. My Gingerbread house is at level 4 and my Squishee station is at level 15 so maybe I can get those boosted prior to Act 2 starting.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.