EA Forums - Banner

Act One Craftables No Longer Available

Agreed!

Replies

• Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I said it on another thread .....it wasn't clear that there was a limited time for crafting, maybe that was unfair as during the Halloween event it was possible to craft wailing walls throughout all acts of the event so I can understand the confusion :-)
  • albumman912
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    cuavsfan wrote:
    For all recent events with crafting all items have stayed available until the end of the event. I always do my crafting at the very end of the event so I can decide what to craft knowing all of the options. Once again in this event none of the menus said anything about crafting items going away with the next act, so I didn't craft anything in Act One (except for the Woolly Bully and two small items for daily challenges) and saved my crafting currency. Now we get to Act Two and all the Act One craftables are gone. I really hope this is just a bug that gets fixed with a patch soon (as seems to happen quite a bit with events). If they wanted to change how they do crafting and make each set of items only available for one act they could of course do so, but I don't understand why they would make a conscious decision to make that change without notifying us in any way through the in game menus.

Agreed. And there are a couple of dozen people who said the same in the players-helping-players ea forum, and it looks like a couple hundred venting over on one of the popular TSTO fan sites. This appears to have been poorly communicated (or poorly thought out).

I know that not being able to craft a few dozen light poles with the red ribbon isn't the end of the world...but you guys screwed up my plans for the town dang it...
  • FrankyK47
    266 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's not a bug, it's a nasty feature... :cry:
    Level 939. Daily Tapped Out Player since 2012.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    FrankyK47 wrote:
    It's not a bug, it's a nasty feature... :cry:

Is that your opinion or have you (or anyone else) actually contacted EA about this issue? I could see them making a change if enough of us made a stink about it.
  • hammrsgl
    10 posts
    edited December 2015
    cuavsfan wrote:
    For all recent events with crafting all items have stayed available until the end of the event. I always do my crafting at the very end of the event so I can decide what to craft knowing all of the options. Once again in this event none of the menus said anything about crafting items going away with the next act, so I didn't craft anything in Act One (except for the Woolly Bully and two small items for daily challenges) and saved my crafting currency. Now we get to Act Two and all the Act One craftables are gone. I really hope this is just a bug that gets fixed with a patch soon (as seems to happen quite a bit with events). If they wanted to change how they do crafting and make each set of items only available for one act they could of course do so, but I don't understand why they would make a conscious decision to make that change without notifying us in any way through the in game menus.

Same here guys, I always. Raft at the end in case a quest line triggers placement or I want to manage what I can afford to craft
  • ewenmcp
    6 posts
    edited December 2015
    I'm in the same boat. Really not happy EA
  • ravagingwo44
    2 posts
    edited December 2015
    I agree with most everyone on this thread. I think that it would be very nasty for EA to not let us craft Act 1 items. Nowhere was it written that it was going to end right after Act 1. Most other events, such as the Halloween event we had till the end of the event to craft (which might I add is when I craft all my items). Please EA, do not chose the Grinch path of the force this Christmas Season...
  • HMGaga
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree, as I was doing the same, wait until the end and craft what I wanted the best, especially the crafting currency are getting more and more difficult to get enough!

Its utterly unfair that we were not informed those were limited time only!
  • Liennae
    1 posts
    edited December 2015
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? It's pretty mean that EA pulled this.
  • H0LLYW000D
    29 posts
    edited December 2015
    yeah I wanted to craft a few things but didn't do them because they usually end up wanting you to craft said item during a weekly challenge so I was holding out, now there new act started and I can't craft those items I wanted to craft :x

come on EA get your * together, its bad enough I might lose 20 free donuts this week cause I already crafted the stupid irregular Christmas tree stand & its not being counted towards my weekly challenge for today monday :x
  • FrankyK47
    266 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I still hope that they will return at the end of Act 3 again.
    Level 939. Daily Tapped Out Player since 2012.
  • m15a4spr743
    5 posts
    edited December 2015
    ewenmcp wrote:
    I'm in the same boat. Really not happy EA

Same here. I just posted about another issue I am having getting the game reinstalled (I've bought 3 new tablets and all 3 say Incompatible!). Plus this craftable item.. and now today's issue with the "X-mas trees slightly irregular"...

Three strikes EA! I'm expecting a Store full of donuts to make up for what you've put me though the past two days. That won't make up for the gas I used driving to and from electronic stores, and expense in buying multiple tablets, but it will at least make it seem EA cares.

* Now with the carrot part of the "carrot and stick". The last 2 gentlemen I spoke with today from EA's support were A+. They weren't able to resolve the issue as at least 2 of them are known bugs, but they both tried everything they could to help me with the issues I'm facing. Sadly the 5 other agents I spoke to before these last 2 wouldn't know ... well we all know how that phrase ends
  • AttilaTheNvn
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Bump this for DAYS.

Every event in recent memory has only ever ADDED craftables; they've never replaced or removed them! Like most everyone else on here, I planned ahead, accordingly, and was saving up my currency until the END of the event, to make sure I could get the stuff I wanted most.

It might seem like a small thing to complain about, but there was ZERO indication that everything from Act 1 would be removed, especially considering the game's track record for craftables. Even the smallest stuff (like the full set of Simpson's family snowmen) is now impossible to complete, which is almost more annoying than losing the big stuff, because I already KNOW I would've been able to buy them all if we had simply been WARNED that it was gonna disappear! -_-
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.